Are you proud of your country??

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by WorldLove, Jan 23, 2011.

1. WorldLove

WorldLove Member

I'll let you decide for yourselves what national pride is, and whether you feel any desire to have it.

I'm Canadian, and wouldn't want to live anywhere else! I am mostly proud of my country.

2. love-laughter

love-laughter Member

Fuck no!

Patriotism is religion created by the state. And all it does is keep some assholes rich and in power while we argue amongst ourselves.

Also ask yourself this question. What is exactly is your fucking nation?

Is it the trees on your street?
    The kids that play in your park?
    Your job?
    The military?
    etc etc etc

The answer is this.
    All nations are the same thing. A fucking "psedo-corporate" entity that call itself a government that only exists to tell large groups of the population what to do and what to think.. And its only reason for doing this is so that money and power can go in the pockets of rich assholes.

Now as for your Canadian pride,
    Be proud of the fact that Harper has set precident and destroyed your sovereignty by abandoning Omar Khadr to the United States. You're now americans that are with borders and no protection from the United States Constitution.

Think I'm joking? At Athabasca University a group of political doctors and canadian constitutional experts and not debated this event but they clearly arrived at the consensus that the only vestige of canadian sovereignty that still exists is the monarchy. And Harper is just waiting for a majority government to get rid of the governer general you have.

sherman march likes this.
  3. ZenBlue

ZenBlue Member

I'm a fellow Canadian and I know that I could be worse off.

In the end though I'm one of those people that believe in the future we will have one world government and that equals one "nation" in my books.

4. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Most of the time, yes.

There is no other country that I want to call home.

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Bloody Oath I Am Mate, And With Australia Day Being Celebrated Here On The 26th

Tis Even More Reason To Wave The Flag...:hurray:

Cheers Glen.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

Im just glad the Blacks are free from slavery and Gays can get married and you can smoke a joint on every corner. << OH NO WAIT WHY THE HANDCUFFS??????????? .. :(

7. LeviathanXII

LeviathanXII Member

Another Canadian, I am glad I live were I do, and I feel privileged to have been born to such a wonderful and great place, most of the time, nothings perfect.

8. BeSoGone

BeSoGone Member

I don't see the point in being proud of the place I was born no real difference from anywhere else except maybe climate?? And the rules made up by people in order for control..always trying to control everything

9. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I'm proud and ashamed of the USA at the same time.

sherman march likes this.
  10. ZenBlue

ZenBlue Member

I have an American friend who have a love/hate relationship with her country. She loves the country but hates the government.

11. 6-eyed shaman

That's how I am. In a way, thats how everybody should view their own country.

Those who hate the government are the ones who are more skeptical of the things their government does, and doesn't give them a pass on everything they do. They realize 99% of what they do isn't for the best interest of the common good.

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

This is Steeler Country, Why shouldn't I be proud......:confused:

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

most of the time

more proud of the people ..less proud of the government

14. boguskyle

boguskyle kyleboguesque

if the world was one society, i'd be embarrassed to be american. its an apathetic culture that accentuates the monetary system in everything, even with social beliefs. they even bury their shitiness by going into politics and justifying these crude systems.
    everyone throughout my life have always said "if you don't like america, why dont you leave!" even though it would seem like common sense that my financial ability is far from making this possible. unless they pay me, but that scenario entirely reflects ALOT of things.

but i do feel privileged to have been born here rather than mexico or an authoritarian country like china. and i do feel privileged to have been born in california rather than any other state.

15. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

Ifeel the same way about Ireland just now:(

16. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Yeah, sure. It could be worse. A lot worse.
    I'm listening to the BBC world service right now and they are talking about Pakistan.
    That place is a terrible place to live for most people.
    From the government to the petty religious retributions inflicted on lower castes of people and other faiths.
    If you look around the world and peel away a few layes most places are terrible.
    I can proudly say my country takes quite few layers (Pakistan 3 UK 50) to uncover anything of anything to really worry about.
    If the worst thing politicians do here is fix their expenses we're doing fine.

As for the people, well, on the whole they are ok too.
    I don't fear for my life.

89/100

17. p0ly

p0ly Senior Member

I find it quite amazing such a small island has spread the English language around so much, but no i'm not that proud of my country but that's because i don't think being proud of a country is important or relevant at all.

18. 6-eyed shaman

Being proud of your country leads to nationalism.

Bilby and DeNuttySquirrel like this.
  19. lillallyloukins

lillallyloukins ⓑⓐⓡⓑⓐⓡⓘⓐⓝ

i didn't tick any of the possible responses... i love this planet... it's beautiful! i am not into nationalism though, so, no, i am not proud of my country, but i wouldn't go so far as to say that i hate it... how can i be proud, given our awful history and the impact that it has had?

20. BTS

BTS Member

:patriot: