Are you metagifted?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by squawkers7, Aug 16, 2005.

1. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

what metagifted is about

[​IMG]Metagifted Education Resource Organization (MERO) is dedicated to furthering the awareness and understanding of gifted and talented individuals - including all types of giftedness from academically gifted to metaphysically/spiritually gifted persons and everything in between. The site has evolved to be mostly about indigo children and adults. Metagifted means Metaphysical Giftedness as well as having a 'meta' or 'knowledge over and about' about one's giftedness.

We believe all children of all ages are talented and one of the goals of educators and lightworkers should be to help people discover and develop these talents to their highest potential. We all need to be exposed to many different things in order to discover our interests and talents and we need to be loved and supported as we explore and develop and become whole, healthy, balanced, and enlightened.

Don't miss the big section on Indigo Children! The Indigo Children Section is the most comprehensive part of the website with many expansive sections on different Indigo-related topics! This is VERY important information for anyone who has children or works with kids since it is estimated that more than 85% of the children born since 1992 and 95% or more of those born since 1999 are Indigos, and many born before that. Many of the lightworkers today are Indigos, and by the way, Wendy, the Director of Metagifted, is also an Adult Indigo. Are you? [​IMG]

I just found this cool website this morning & just had to share it with you all.

2. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

you may want to look into crystal children as well

~*~

3. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

wow... that check list was nuts. There are some disadvatages to being born and raised in the middle of nowhere.... one of them is always thinking you are a freak because you are, see, feel things differently from everyone around you.

4. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Not sure about all that truly metaphysical stuff, but otherwise have most of those characteristics.
    LOL neat, knew I'd figure it out eventually.

Shall obviously have to look into that further.
    Thanks for sharing. :)

5. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

wow. that list is me to a tee. interesting.

6. chegzy

chegzy Member

quite a few things but dont think its exactly me

never mind

7. jim_w

jim_w Member

This has been posted before elsewhere, and the same ideas are constantly being rehashed by one looney group or another. This is just ADHD dressed up a different way.

8. mynameiskc

i don't know about that. i don't know about all the spirituality stuff, but i've always been able to concentrate and behave when i saw the point. adhd implies a total inability to do so. and we love to place labels on people who don't behave the way we wish them to.

9. bwirth

bwirth Member

One of the items on the list "are mostly noncomformists" seems to be contradictory to the whole idea. Isn't the main aim of this Indigo movement to label groups of people into nice, neat conformist sectors?

Also, the first three on the list,
    Have strong self esteem, connection to source
    Know they belong here until they are told otherwise
    Have an obvious sense of self
    Have difficulty with discipline and authority

also seem contradictory. If these people have a strong sense of self and self esteem and difficulty with discipline and authority, then what's with the "Know they belong here until they are told otherwise?" Seems like if someone knows who they are and is confident AND they have difficulty with authority, no one should be able to tell them where they belong. Unless they want to conform. ;)

I guess this just isn't for me.

10. mynameiskc

is that on the children's list?

11. bwirth

bwirth Member

Yeah. The children's list. I had to search for that exact same list...there's like at least three different lists on that site. :)

12. mynameiskc

it IS kinda nice to know there's other people with my same characteristics, no matter what label they have. i've rarely met people much like me.

13. 4_Leaf_Clover

4_Leaf_Clover I Love

Wow, sure, yeah, I'm metagifted. Why not? I have POWERS... :p

I'll have to agree with one of the above posts about this "Indigo" stuff being just another label for eccentricity, although I wouldn't necessarily associate it with ADHD.
    Many many many people do not slot in with mainstream society, and so to keep their sanity, they invent all kinds of labels... as if somehow THAT will finally give them meaning in their lives and a warm sense of belonging.

I am not in any way making fun of the Indigo idea. I probably am one, according to that checklist. I just wonder about statistics like 95% of children born since 1999 are like this? Then why aren't there a bunch of little Mozarts running around astonishing the world? (or ARE THERE?!?... and I'm just not paying attention...?)

I fully believe in the eventuality of further human evolution, before we all die out from pollution, war, and disease. I think we are, in fact, witnessing it right now. But I would argue against the notion that it just somehow started in the last 10 or 15 years. Using generations as a gauge for evolutionary progress is not at all accurate. Physical, mental, and spiritual evolution takes another step with every baby that is born. This generation is not altogether that different from the previous one. I don't see some enormous gap, caused by a revolutionary change in humanity. But gifted and talented individuals do pop up, and push our species forward just an inch or so at a time.

They called me "gifted" back in elementary school. I took a test that said so. I was "bright" and "talented" and "blessed by God" and all this stuff. I knew that I had an awareness that was superior to other people, and this alienated me from just about everyone. I fit the bill for being "Indigo". I know things over here on this side, that people on the other side will never be able to understand. I feel more "evolved".

But what is any of this??

I am the illusion of an individual contemplating the illusion of my place within an illusory society living an illusory existence. I like to make sense of the world around me, and feel like I belong, and feel pain and pleasure, and see and smell and hear and taste and touch. Life on earth is high drama in a great big theatre. It's diversion for the Universal Mind. It's a really involved game.

So I wonder why sometimes we take ourselves so seriously...

:)

14. mynameiskc

to be honest, it really did sorta give me a feeling of belonging, which i've been lacking my entire life. as for spirituality stuff, dunno. sounds kinda whacky.

15. 4_Leaf_Clover

4_Leaf_Clover I Love

Yep, I felt a twinge of belonging myself, as I looked over that website.

I said to myself, "hey! that explains it!"
    It is nice to know that there are other people like me out there who think and feel similar things.

Otherwise, I would just say that truly spiritually gifted individuals eventually see through all this beautiful multiplicity eventually.

I am not separate from anyone else. I am not different from anyone else. Because "I" don't exist. The fundamental realization of spirituality is that all form, all thought, all apparent existence is just cosmic laughter. It kind of makes these sociological discussions a bit moot, in my opinion ;)

16. mynameiskc

well, i haven't gotten that far. i desperately want to be able to connect on deeper levels with people, but i have a tendency to scare them off with my so called "complexity and intensity." people expect me to be what i appear on the surface, but is anyone really like that?

17. 4_Leaf_Clover

4_Leaf_Clover I Love

People have to start somewhere. Usually it's on the surface.
    Although sometimes you just happen to bump into a soul that immediately knows you, and you can skip all the introductions.

I'm in the program right now to be an elementary school teacher, and I realize that I will have children in my class who are gifted, academically and otherwise. They will just know. What can you do for kids like this? I think it is a good idea to put them together, so that they know they aren't alone. But at the same time, they need to be with children of other ability levels, otherwise they run the risk of isolating themselves from society, and going completely inside their own heads (like I did).

I understand now why giftedness is listed as a learning disorder... in the same boat as ADHD, Down Syndrome, Autism, and others. It's hard for these kids to stay in the race when they have long since lapped the rest of the pack. It's hard for gifted children to live in this world, when their minds are taking them to places that most other people cannot understand.

I'm glad this topic was brought up. Intelligent, sensitive, spiritual people need to have a place where they can be themselves.

18. mynameiskc

you know, my family was very athletically inclined, very masculine. they just never knew what to do with me. i was reading and writing by three, and tutoring other kids in school by the time i was in the 1st grade. my dad explained that i was just plain spooky. i just always knew what was going on and would forever go my own way. my friends have always ended up being extremely strong willed people, because those were the only sorts who could maintain their personalities around me. i tend to swallow people up just be existing, and that can get pretty intimidating. people like to hold to their secrets, and i always end up knowing them better than they know themselves. that's more than your average happy, healthy human being is willing or able to accept.