Are you looking forward to christmas?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Adamskiffle, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Anything with mass in the name means party time :-D

2. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Yeah its always good to celebrate massacres and cause some yourself. :cool:

Driftrue likes this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't know, i recently heard that christmas trees are phallic.

Corrosionofconformity likes this.
  4. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I mean, I like christmas but not really. My anniversary with my gf is right before the holiday but she's kind of acting like a 5 year anniversary is no big deal so I'm kind of just like meh about it this year.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

neither anticipation nor dread. in my own life as it currently exists, i have no reason to expect either. there are things i like about the time of year though. no offense to lug, but i do prefer the winter solstice to the summer generally. no idea which one i will die during. i prefer the colors of spring to those of fall too.

the solstice is cool because its the solstice. the names and numbers of days, are just marks on the calendar.
    i don't feel guilty about not missing things, just paranoid of people who might regard me as pariah for not doing so.

i would give everyone a world they would enjoy living in if i could.
    i have no reason to expect anyone to have the slightest idea what would be useful to me, if there was anyone who did want to.

i could make a list though, but it would be too detailed to expect to be read, let alone accurately understood.
    well i would like to live where it would not cost me extra to extend hospitality to feral cats and other creatures.

6. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I'm definitely looking forward to Christmas

I sponsored 2 family's in financial difficulties with gifts this year.

1st
    Husband
    Wife
    4 kids (2 girls n 2 boys)
    1 Rottweiler (Sofie)

&

2nd
    Husband
    Wife

Adamskiffle and Tyrsonswood like this.
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well there's a winter solstice every year, so i suppose there's always another to look forward to.
    once you've outlived everyone you know, its kind of just another day.
    pine needles and snow on the ground and let the shop keepers and shoppers do their thing with my needing to be part of either.
    and the preachers and their believers can do their things too.

every solstice and equinox happens as it will, with or without what humans choose to make of it.

i lack enthusiasm for bigger crowds and fewer buses, but no other particular dread then that either.
    i do hope this next time i remember to send out some cards like was going to but forgot last time.

(i'm already looking forward to the weather cooling back off and summer hasn't even gotten started yet)

parua likes this.
  8. deleted

deleted Visitor

You have no frying pan handles?
    No vacuum cleaner handles?
    No brooms for a witch to ride on?
    How dare you..

Corrosionofconformity likes this.
  9. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hmmmm, with this corona virus behind us, come December do we REALLY need an excuse to eat and drink to our hearts delight amongst our friends and relations ???

Sierra likes this.
  10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

had some cinnamon tea, made from a natural stick of cinnamon, to celebrate lugnissade, (and of course made a cup for lug himself) if that's the right name for the summer solstice. which is now two days ago. not sure who's associated with the autumnal equanox, i should probably look that up. i know its all about the color of leaves, and foxes are some of them that color.

11. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

Yup! It's a long way off though. ;)

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

each year i live to see another one will be another year i've lived, so yah.

DrRainbow likes this.
  13. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

You're grateful.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i look more forward to the equanoxes then the solstices, living the solitary life that i do and having no siblings. having outlived parents and there's, and never having had close nor frequent contact with my generation of their offspring. having no idea where anyone i might be related to lives. so the specific holiday is a holy day of a religion not mine. the closest people i'm to, are those who share my interests, in life and on line, and none of these i know where they live, or where or how to be in the company of, other then yearly conventions and pickniks and on like. and its been several years since i've been to other then the one yearly local convention. so the holiday specifically, is just not a thing in my life, for better or worse, its like something i observe happening to almost everyone else, to the outer surroundings at that time of year. i see things being done for it. all the things about it that are big things in other people's lives. but they're like, to me, its just a thing taking place on another planet, that's the best i think i can describe my non-relationship to it. some people are going to think or assume i should somehow feel bad about that, but sorry, no i don't.

DrRainbow likes this.
  15. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Although its still summer (technically !!!) I've already started to do some xmas shopping.

DrRainbow likes this.
  16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i sort of look forward to every solstice and equinox, just not to what people tell each other to pretend.
    (though i don't always keep good track of what day it is in relation to them)
    (autumnal is coming up in less then a week this today as i'm typing this)
    (it feels like summer's end too)

DrRainbow likes this.
Tags: