Are you happy to know you will die?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by GreatestIam, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Ready-kilowatt

Ready-kilowatt Members

Ketamine produces a state which is what I imagine people must think death is like, but in my experience ketamine can't even come close to the states I am talking about.

Yup, some people say they have taken DMT and it was nothing like death. That doesn't mean we should simply discount the majority of individuals who feel they had died when they smoked DMT.

...personally I feel the people who can't understand the connection between DMT and death were consuming the compound in a recreational dose range rather than a transcendental one. Most people don't want to have a life changing event where they experience death, so they dose low. That or they we're unable to recognize the experience for what it actually was.

Ugghh...

You said you can only experience death by actually dying, you realize that NDE's are when someone ACTUALLY DIES, and is then revived, right?

So, when people ACTUALLY DIE and then are resuscitated the experiences they report happen to be nearly identical to the experiences reported from DMT. Also, NDE and DMT experiences both seem to fit exactly what was said in " the Bardo Thodol", coincidence?

...I don't want to repeat it again but as that Percy Williams Bridgman Quote states: “Coincidence is what you have left over when you apply a bad theory.”

Seriously look through these links:

What happens when you die? Scientists recreate near-death experience to find out

DMT Models the Near-Death Experience

A DMT trip 'feels like dying' - and scientists now agree - BBC Three

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You can't take that with you, ralph, on a billion year travel to God. You have to check that luggage

3. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Didn't take you long to start name calling, which is just silly and wholly unproductive.

If you don't understand why we worry about things, and don't understnd how the fight or flight response is the underlying bio-chemical cause of anxiety, it's no reason to start calling others a dick.

Worry might not be a waste of energy if it leads one to come up with a solution to whatever it is one is worried about. What's so difficult about that?

Okiefreak likes this.
  4. BlackBillBlake

Firstly, I'm quite familiar with many of the claims made for DMT.

I think many people have had their minds blown by it. Because there's a lack of other kinds of model for altered states in general in western culture, 'oh! I've died' can be a response. As I said before, when I first took LSD I had that experience. As the brain and mind become more familiar with the spaces opened up by these substances, it no longer feels like a death, but a change from one level of consciousness to others.

One of my best friends had a powerful NDE due to a swimming accident (he actually died about a year later) where his heart had stopped for I think about 3 mins. He said it was nothing like acid - the only psychedelic he'd had. And even if such cases are technically 'dead', still, maybe there's a further stage that comes after death is complete. I don't think people who get revived are 'fully dead'. I don't think brain death can have occured fully, or on revival they would have brain damage.

I'd also dispute that many people have had experiences that were 'exactly' what is in the Tibetan Book of the Dead. Similar in some respects perhaps.

Anway, it's intetesting I agree that people think these exp's on psychedelics are similar to death, but it really can't be established objectively. Like it or not, death remains a mystery.

Asmodean likes this.
  5. What if it is my real picture, asshole?

Don't make pretext to understanding death and loving life, because you fail on both accounts. You don't know that death isn't something to be excited about. Maybe people should be excited to die. Maybe it's the best thing in the world. You don't know, so stop pretending as if you're some enlightened being, because it's obvious from your condescending posts that you aren't.

Well, I happen to know plenty of people whose personal philosophy is that the meaning of life is having an orgasm, so I guess you just live in a sheltered little wholesome world where everybody loves each other and loves life, but I'm fairly certain the rest of us don't.

You are a condescending, arrogant, know-it-all prick. The sad thing is that you're not even intelligent.

6. A piece of advice: If you're going to post something, especially something very verbose, TRY HAVING A POINT. Nothing you have written is even relevant to our discussion. Nothing you have written can be expounded upon.

Stop with your platitudes. They don't make you appear intelligent. They make you appear foolish. Especially when you use them so inappropriately and out of context.

I mean, what are you even trying to say? Like I said, have an actual point or shut the fuck up, you stupid idiot.

It's like, you're a semi-retarded drug addict, so you want to shift the focus of the conversation to DMT.

7. Hey everybody! I know a lot about drugs, so I'm prepared for death. And I absolutely love life, but I'm a smug, pretentious twat who treats other people as though they're idiots. My name is ready-kilowatt, which is the gayest sounding name I could think of. I am gay and never worried, because I'm high all the time.

Please, let me call you a fool while I rehash quotes from long dead "enlightened" people who I worship and adore, who I would also treat like garbage if they were alive, because I'm better than everyone else because I smoked DMT too many times and think I understand death.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

9. What's the point, anyway? So NDE's are allegedly exactly like a DMT trip (I've heard DMT users say otherwise.) So...now what? A point would be nice.

Even if it were true, this would prepare you for the onset of death, I suppose, but no one actually knows what lies beyond that. NDE experiencers are dead for mere minutes. Once you can be dead for weeks or years and come back from the beyond, then get back to me. Otherwise I'm not taking your word for it or the Bardo's word for it. No one knows, not even all of the enlightened so-called masters, and there's no means of preparing for something that you don't know what it is.

kilowatt is just a phony and a fraud. He worries about death, so he tries to compartmentalize it and convince himself he's prepared for it. And once you're prepared, you just fall in love with life I'm sure, but that seems to run contrary to his behavior on these forums, in which he goes about belittling other people.

I don't have an ounce of respect for this imposter and charlatan.

BlackBillBlake likes this.
  10. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

You tell him, Neon!

Anyway there is also the aspect to drug taking that people will be affected by their expectations of the drug.

11. BlackBillBlake

I have never met anyone personally who has had an NDE and taken DMT who could testify to the similarities or otherwise. But my view is that even if there are similarities,although that's interesting, it doesn't prove that DMT or any other drug will show what it is be dead. Maybe it can show what the final stages of consciousness might be before the body dies forever.
    But a lot of people die under heavy medication and are unconscious when they go, so who knows.

12. I doubt experiencing altered states is enough to prepare the soul. in any case. You have to actually be a good person and not go around insulting others' intelligence. Otherwise, I believe, there will be things there in death to haunt you. We are responsible for our own Hell, in my opinion. I know that just before my father died, he started having terrifying visions. Once he was in the grocery store and a man turned around and all my dad could see was a decaying corpse standing there. So when you act like a condescending, self-righteous dick all the time, I believe that does come back to haunt you.

13. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Yes. Satan controls the spirit of the air and works with the sons of disobedience. Satan is a liar and a murderer.

14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

15. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Says the guy who lives in the woods and has no friends

16. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I'd be Tyrsonswood's friend.

Not so sure about you, inthelibrary.

17. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

Internet friends don’t count

18. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I said I'D.
    As in I WOULD.
    If I lived in the same woods.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  19. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Internet friends totally count, ANYWAY.

20. inthelibrary

inthelibrary Members

1 John 5:19
    19 We know that we originate with God, but the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.a