Are you Flirtacious ? Does it get you into trouble ?

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Mysteron, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Thanks

Something I didn't tell you and I thought I had ,and probably deserve an arse kicking from you ,is that as a sideline I do relationship counselling . I have mentioned it in other posts on other threads but not this one .My fault as it would have cleared some things up earlier and I therefore apologise accordingly. As such psychology is a key element and people are my subjects. So naturally I do have a tendency to observe people and perhaps unintentionally , have given out some false signals . However I can honestly say I have never hurt anyone and were I think things are going too far I put people down gently .Even the lady that was chatting me up left me on good terms .

So I am beginning to think I am perhaps not such a flirt and perhaps its other peoples perception .

Driftrue likes this.
  2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Ah, yes. I remember you mentioning relationship counseling now.

Mysteron likes this.
  3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Same! This, coupled with the fact that I tend to be very patient with people, leads to me having a lot of very odd people attracted to me.

4. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I never reciprocate flirting with another person who is with their significant other (nor if I know they have a partner who would not approve). I think it's usually pretty clear where the line is with flirting and interacting with others. I just don't cross it, even if it's really tempting. Why bother...

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i just don't know what you're supposed to do with your hands. dangling at your sides feels weird. in the pockets seems to me to be way more closed off and defensive than arms crossed. hands on hips feels alright to me, but then everyone acts like it's weird so i try not to do that all the time.

maybe i just need a fidget spinner for when i'm interacting with people.

Mysteron likes this.
  6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Make a peace sign, then bring it to your mouth and flick your tongue between your fingers. ;)

7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

yeah, i do understand. it's why i used to like smoking.

if there is something to start moving around, or doing with my hands while i speak to someone, i generally do.

that probably sometimes looks weird.

Mysteron likes this.
  8. Captain Scarlet

Placing your arms crossed is the normal recognised stance for being on the defensive. Its suppose to say that your not interested with this other person who is trying to flirt or make eye contact with you. The other methods that you mentioned may work but it all depends if the other person can read them . That is the problem with eye contact and body language ie not everyone can read it . The ladies are much better at using it and reading it than guys are on the whole,. The crossing or folding of the arms was suggested to me by a colleague Sex Therapist of which she is also a body language expert . Another method she suggested was to focus on an object for example a pillar or TV screen within the club . In that way it makes it very difficult for the other person to communicate with eye contact. I have found focussing on your partner does not work as the flirter will jostle and change position and then they often come "sharking" when my partner disappears to the ladies .To many flirting is just a game and some appear to like me as a challenge .I have had one lady come within 6ft of us trying to get my attention whilst conversing with my partner.

Backintheday likes this.
  9. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

yeah, but undies isn't trying to stop them flirting with him.
    how does he hold his arms and hands that seems normal, and doesn't imply defensiveness?

10. Captain Scarlet

I am not sure that I fully understand the situation here unless I am misreading something .

If you want to encourage someone then using what s called open body language is the norm . This is were you would have your arms open rather than closed or crossed which is more defensive. In other words your making yourself look bigger and inviting .Open palms is another way rather than having your palms face the floor .

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

Why do men play with round objects while talking to women?

so basically, when jesus hung on the cross he was really just trying to convince women that he was open to flirting?

seriously, i don't think anyone just stands with their arms open like that. that seems like one of the weirdest possible positions to interact with someone in.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Arms open, somebody wants a hug.

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

ice cube isn't into you:

[​IMG]

ice cube is into you:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Irminsul likes this.
  14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Stupid iCube.

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i cube was obviously a typo, but right now i'm alright with thinking of him as an apple product.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh I know you fooked up, I thought it was cute. :)

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

See what I did there?
    Nice friendly flirt.

18. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

It can also mean the person is feeling cold.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm not sure yet. are your palms up or down?

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Hmmm... Sideways?