Are you ever paranoid online?

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by myself, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Formertechno34

Formertechno34 Member

Never online, well..kind of. On facebook, I don't really want people to see that I'm online, well I don't mind my friends but girls that I'm shy to talk to.

2. groovecookie

groovecookie Member

I'm a little jittery about it...since everything you say online is potentially available to everyone ...(key word; potentially) I don't like to say anything I would mind anyone hearing ...even though the likelihood of the wrong people stumbling on it may be ridiculously slim.

3. Lady of the Freaks

Lady of the Freaks Senior Member

it's not as rare as you might think. employers and co-workers routinely look for personal information about people online now.

4. groovecookie

groovecookie Member

Yeah, I really hate employers that want to invade peoples privacy and run people's lives. Piss tests, hidden cameras everywhere, poking around in online profiles....big part of why I want to just work for myself....so I can tell big brother to f*** off....at least in the employment department.
    I can understand drug tests for some jobs, but to even get a lot of janitorial jobs now you have to piss in a cup. It's ludicrous.

5. Lady of the Freaks

yup. free country my ass. behaving appropriately on the job and getting your work done should be enough.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

only of misguided governmental bias.

=^^=
    .../\...

7. Mitok

Mitok Senior Member

Sometimes I think they're just watching me, and they're going to send some person, an extremely charismatic person, to become my friend and either kill me or comlpetely change me as part of a secret fascist scheme against all freethinkers.

8. Lady of the Freaks

i hope you're kidding. [​IMG]
    :

9. flytothe_sky

flytothe_sky Member

i get paranoid online. like now haha

10. gobot

gobot Member

Just because your not paranoid doesn’t mean there not watching you.

11. Deech

Deech Member

Wtf... its natural for guys to masturbate i would never want to catch my son jerking sausage you know how humiliating that would be... for both of us... Also every guy does it i mean its probably the most common thing done amongst male teenagers...

12. XBloodyNailPolishX

XBloodyNailPolishX Forgetful Philosopher

the internet is bugged and run by the government. I'm afraid they're monitoring Hip Forums... or worse... ARE Hip Forums...

13. Wormed

Wormed Member

i never see the point in being paranoid about this type of thing. considering i'm not plotting to kill anyone, i have no terrorist contacts, and the worst thing i've ever done online is download non-riaa affiliated material, this shit will never phase me.

same thing goes for people who are worried the government is watching you in public - they very well could be. save rolling blunts for home use and don't walk around with weapons. they do catch people in weird ways... so just watch your ass. most likely you're not doing anything worse than the rest of the population.