Are you closer to your mother or your father?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by sweedeedee, May 13, 2004.

1. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

I guess, that sometimes I might feel closer to one of my parents over another, but I always love them equally. They both have cared for me and deserve soemthing in return. Quite often my dad pisses me off. Just by the way he does things or I guess what I mean is that it makes me upset that way his "rules" are. But oh well, at least he's open-minded from all that herb smoking ;).

-Peace (and Love [​IMG]).

2. IdentityCrisis

IdentityCrisis Member

I am closer to my mom but I love them both equally.

I sometimes feels bad because I have lived with my mom my entire life since my parents split when I was 3 and I only saw my dad on weekends.

Now we've moved to a new town and my dad also bought a home down the street but just as he gets closer to us, I see him less and less. I don't know, it just seems like the only thing for me when I'm there is his company. There's the TV, maybe a movie that's on cable, and some dinner.. then I usually go home. My brother lives with him so it's not as if he's lonely or anything but sometimes I just feel bad because he asks if I'm busy on a certain weekend and I'm always camping, or shopping for a costume for drama, or in my old town taking photography photos for school preposals etc. and afterschools I'm working. I barely have time for friends, either. But then, I don't feel as bad about that... I don't know. Am I selfish?

If my mom didn't live with me I would probably do the same thing but I've developed an attatchment to her over the years of my life. Although, I'm told by both parents that my first word (and also my brother's first word) was, "Dada".

3. Edward G.

Edward G. Edwardson

Hmm, well I haven't seen my mom in some months now, but even when she lived with us she would stay in her room for days at a time, only coming out to get water and food and stuff. Eh, she was a bitch anyway. I love both my parents though. My dad, part time ok, part time asshole, and the rest (about five or ten percent of the time :p ) really nice, they're kinda random tho. Closer to my dad I guess? Although, I have to say I'm closest to my dogs, especially Wiggy. :) She's sweet all the time, not just when stoned, like *cough*momanddad*cough*. :)

4. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Neither of them really. My father is the kind of man who never should've become a father. It used to break my heart to see all my friends having such a close relationship with their fathers. My father has never been there for me, even tho we lived in a same house for over 17 years. And my mother... she's a wondeful person, but she tries too hard. She and I have totally different opinions and values about everything and she has always had a hard time accepting and respecting my choices. She's a strong character and so am I and for some reason... we are just too much for each other.

5. PhishPhood

PhishPhood Member

It's probably a tie...my dad buys me Maxims, Playboys etc, like the same music I do and we make dirty jokes at stuff we see. My mom likes the same music I do and we can cuss each other out, its wonderful fun.

6. Lizz

Lizz Member

Well, I spend more time with my father, but he never takes me seriously at all, so I'd definately say my mom. Plus she's so much more liberal than my father, even though he used to be a hippie (I suspect it's his catholic background.) But I'm close to both of them.

My mom's just easier to talk to about normal stuff. Even though my father and I share similar musical tastes, etc.

7. marymicrogram

marymicrogram Member

My dad, definately. My mom and I have never really gotten along, but if it hadn't been for her Nazi ways I wouldn't have become the freedom-loving Yippie sommamabitch that I am today. Anyway, now she's in Cancun with her chiropractor, and I think that's dandy. Talk about a plan backfiring, huh? She tried to get me to like Hitler, I ended up liking Abbie Hoffman. Crazy world.

8. kazinspace

kazinspace Member

my dad by FAR

9. SvgGrdnBeauty

SvgGrdnBeauty only connect

I get along with both my parents...but I am closer to my father....we like all the same things and we have a connection...because we are both laid-back and not as materialistic as the rest of the family...

However...we never talk politics...my father is very Republican and I am my own little peace, hippie save the world type thing...and he knows...so rather than create any arguments over it...we always leave it untouched and enjoy music, baseball, and literature...its a weird relationship