Are you alone in your going barefoot or not?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Ascold, Sep 29, 2007.

1. beau99

beau99 Member

Wow, I actually saw another guy around the complex doing it. Except that he was higher than a kite so I didn't say anything...

2. bkcmar

bkcmar keep those feet bare

i am the only regular hard core barefooter in my area. some of the street kids (alternative lifestyle kids, as i like to call them) are barefoot at times. there are 2 female tarot card readers i know, who are part time barefooters. they are both near my age, in their late 30's or early 40's. you would think in the new orleans french quarter you would see more but, we are it.

3. emma_dillemma

emma_dillemma Member

i go barefoot a lot, its fun! i feel more comfertable feeling the earth under my feet i feel closer to my inner earth child lol somtimes i feel as if its been swollowed up by the wolrd we live in, so cold and mean. Everynight my dog and I at 3 am ( insomniac) go for a walk with my dog in town ( its a small town so there is no one else around to look down on my barefootness) so we walk and walk and walk and it gives me time to feel complelty free :)

4. Antony14

Antony14 Members

My parents would yell at me even when they saw me barefoot indoors!

Grand prix likes this.
  5. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

I’m the only barefooter in my area. Growing up some of the other kids would go barefoot once in a while. But I was always barefeet. It’s like that now . There used to be one other dude who moved to this area for only a short time. He and I would often cross paths in town just doing our own thing and would stop and chat for a few minutes. But it’s been years since and I haven’t seen him.

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't go barefoot everywhere, and i probably go barefoot more than anyone else i know, but i see a lot of bare feet around here anyway. outside of hipforums, i don't think wearing or not wearing shoes is such an all-or-nothing decision. most people seem to be somewhere on a spectrum of sometimes wearing shoes and sometimes not wearing shoes.

BarefootedBoy and mmicmann like this.
  7. charlie35

charlie35 Member

I wish I lived where you do. Everyone I know or even see around here is definitely on the spectrum of ALWAYS wearing shoes.

8. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

believe me, you don't. there's way more to life than foot fashion.

9. miketanner

miketanner Member

The summer after my first year in college I was totally barefoot for all of maybe a week or two and I rarely saw anyone else doing the same. The "funny" thing was the reason I was barefoot so much was because my girlfriend encouraged me to do it very often but would not go barefoot with me outside of the apartment. So yeah, I never really went barefoot with anyone in public.

10. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I am in a beach town, don't see that many people barefoot outside the resorts or off the beach unless they are drinking. I often suggest taking a barefoot hike when palling around with a girl and we are bored. Not really a hike just a walk but I call it that. It does make an ordinary walk more of an adventure.

nuspieds likes this.
  11. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Varies by the current vibe on the farm. This troupe is all bout the bare. Last year's no one did.

12. Every walk i take is barefoot; if I can tolerate the humidity, my soles adore the warm-to-hot pavement. Damn, it do feel good!!

ijustmightdoit2 likes this.
  13. And, yes, I am alone in my barefooting.

14. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

Some of my friends do occasionally, but usually, it's me. Where I live, I'm often referred to as the "Barefoot Neighbor." Love that!

15. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I'm Pretty Sure I'd Be The Only "Barefooter In The Village" Today......Tis Snowing And I Very Much

Doubt Anybody Else Would Be Crazy Enough To Be Barefoot In Snow...... :D

Cheers Glen.

16. barefootPatrick

barefootPatrick Members

Wanna bet.

17. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

Only another guy here. Usually we meet by mere chance on some Saturday night.

18. bfe2012

bfe2012 Barefooter

I think I'm the only barefooter here where I live sadly.

19. goodearth

goodearth Member

Kids go barefoot around here, but adults don’t. Soooo...... i’m a kid at heart.

20. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

Me too. Kind of sad, people miss out on this wonderful feeling.

barefootPatrick likes this.