Are you afraid

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by Duncan, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

of color? or does it define you?

2. Abyle

Abyle Member

Color is the essence of all art.

3. Duncan

Not so if you are making a sculpture using unpainted wire hangers. But I did note that you did not respond to the question.

4. Abyle

Abyle Member

I would argue the color of the marble or material used definately adds a serious effect to the work. If you make a wire hanger sculpture, why DOESN'T color come into play? I think it says something about the artist to choose to sculpt and leave the work alone without paint added. Good artists are aware of color/the absence of color. I definately love color and I don't shy away from it, but I tend to stick to the bolder ones that fit who I am. (Fun thread. :) )

5. txbarefooter

txbarefooter Senior Member

I'm not sure what the question means.

am I afraid of color ? no, not really. although I do find that baby-shit-pukey-brown color really obnoxious.

6. Duncan

That's certainly valid... not to mention hilarious. I suppose what I meant to ask was whether you elect to dress yourself with bold colors in your life. At work I wear a white uniform. My own choice of clothing is generally comprised of solids and almost exclusively rainbow shades. My rule of thumb is also : "The more washed out, the better." I don't like extremes so colors like red/orange or purple/indigo are not usually in my wardrobe.

7. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I'm not afraid of color. I will sometimes wear bright colors, and occasionally have a "red sweater day," but for the most part, I prefer not to stand out. I almost exclusively wear earth colors: green, blue, brown.

8. Taylor

Taylor Repatriated

I love black. A lot of my clothes are black or are at least dark. Generally I dress in black, grey, white and red.

9. daniel

daniel Member

I'm not afraid of rainbow color :)

10. JayJ

JayJ Member

haha likewise. But no, I'm not "afraid" of colour. Just not my thing to dress in bold colours. I'm more of a black-red person myself with the occasional blue.

As my friend says "I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker colour" ;) lol

11. Diddy Dreads

Diddy Dreads Member

Im scared of color cos thats an evil spelling, but not colour cos thats a yay spelling :p