Are you afraid of dying?

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by granny_longhair, Apr 23, 2010.

1. history chix 72

history chix 72 Members

I'm not afraid. I look at it as the Great Adventure. I am actually looking forward to seeing what's on the other side. Not that I'm in a big hurry to find out, though.

Bilby likes this.
  2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'm in no hurry to be dead. but i have no choice other then to accept the reality that the physical form i occupy will someday cease to function.
    i do not believe that anyone knows with any degree of certainty what may be experienced after.

but i do know, that what isn't known, isn't limited by what anyone thinks, or tells anyone else to believe, they know about it.

an endless forest where no one is inconsiderate, if you even meet them at all, is heaven enough for me,
    mansions, gold streets and having to sit forever in the presence of the same story teller, is not.

3. GeorgeCarlinFan

GeorgeCarlinFan Members

If I had the money, I'd fly my ass to Switzerland and go away peacefully right after the NBA Finals :)

It's the pain part that worries me.

Tishomingo likes this.
  4. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I'm not afraid of dying per se, but the manner and process is of some concern. I saw my mother and brother die slow, painful deaths from cancer, and I have a close friend who is doing that now. All three faced it stoically in good spirits. I hope I can do as well when the time comes, and I'd rather it wouldn't be cancer.

5. curiousbear

curiousbear Senior Member

I am fond of death. But not disease. Death is the ultimate freedom

NookaTheNook likes this.