Are you a musician?

Discussion in 'Music' started by sonik, May 11, 2004.

?

Do you play an instrument?

1. No sir.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Used to Play.

9 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. I play a little bit.

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. I play all the time as an amateur.

23 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. I am a professional Musician.

70 vote(s)
    66.0%
  1. punk_drummer8

punk_drummer8 Member

I play drums all the time, I sing, and I can kinda play guitar.

2. MusicMan19

MusicMan19 Music Elitist

Argument's over, bro. You missed the bus by about 30 hours.

3. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

I have played guitar for 6 years, and i have decided i want to become professional, but for now i will just be an amature. Also been playing piano for acouple of months

4. sonik

sonik Member

neu blood

5. UpNComin

UpNComin Member

I'm a mediocre percussionist (drums and such) of 6 years , guitarist / bassist (my 2 favored instruments) for 3 or 4 years and occassionally dip into other things like piano , mandolin and occasional fiddle.

Damn spare time.:)

6. GeorgeHippieGirl

GeorgeHippieGirl Member

i still play guitar. im now 14 and i got my first guitar when i was 6. a little mini guitar, and i played it alot. and when i was 8 i took lessons. and i now still do. just had a performance a couple of days ago !

heres where my adoration for guitar started.
    [​IMG]

7. mixx

mixx Member

Been playing keyboard since i was around 13-14, dont really remember which but Ive never really had much success with lessons. Ive always come up with better creations when I play how I feel.. Like whatever emotion Im feeling comes out in the form of music. Its strange cause I never focus or think about what Im doing, cause it just sort of happens and it sounds good.

8. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I don't have a job right now, so obviously I can't say that music is my career.

However, yeah, I would kind of consider myself a musician... I can play several instruments (on my own and in clases) and I understand music (I can read the clefs---treble, bass, and alto---and I know about scales, etc.).

9. NightRose

NightRose idiosynractic rose

musician, no. But I do like to play the harmonica when I can. I've been messing around with one for a while now and I love to experiment with the sounds.

Next time I see my uncle i seriously have to get him to teach me more.

10. bandbeyondescription

bandbeyondescription Nothertimesforgottenspace

yeah i am a amutur i play the guitar electric and acousic but mainly acoustic. i can play alot of the Dead songs.:);)

11. sanja_serbia

sanja_serbia Senior Member

I started to play the violin when I was 5 and the piano when I was 7 years old...I was going to Music school for 10 years and after finishing it started to play the keyboards in some bands....I had a few gigs in my town, but my biggest success was playing at one festival in Belgrade with some of the best bands from my country....;)
    I wouldn't like to play music professionaly, I know how stressful it is, I consider music as a valve for my feelings, my own personal thing........