Are women biologically programmed to reward cruelty, evil and domination?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by enamdar, May 15, 2010.

1. autumnbreeze

autumnbreeze Member

I Lol'd :D

2. enamdar

enamdar Member

So I dug out a bunch of my old notebooks out of the garage. ITs mostly school-notes but I was the sort to doodle in class, so it serves as a philosophical diary. Although I tore out all the most personal pages before college. But it is the key to understanding the me of today. I’ve only skimmed them but already learned much.

What is the main message? I’m a narcissistic moron. Or I was. But if I could be so idiotically wrong then, maybe I’m wrong now.

I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken. Oliver Cromwell

I guess the most striking thing is how narrowly focused on militarism I was.

Well starting in late elementary school my hero was the Demagogue, the rabble-rouser. In some ways my ambition pre-figured the current political climate. From the calm technocratic 90s to the populist frenzy of now. If I had no ideas and simply love Demagoguery in itself this would have been a golden age for me. If I wanted to be a Demagogue this was actually the perfect time. But Ideology caught me by the tale. The Me of the notebooks though, would be very happy to play the opportunist. Napoleon III was a hero in this, being the perfect swindler. My youthful list of heroes was not all that different. Although somewhat eclectic and contradictory. But there was no ideology, just men of virtue. There is a strong me vs them current. I represent one World and the peers around me- another. And while there is some window-dressing it is generally pretty clear that it is all about ambition and glory. My general complaint about USA seemed to be that there were no more dragons to slay.

Looking over my JRHS commentary on Iliad, I refer to Achilles’ rape-slave as a prize. Rather casually writing I think it was wrong to take away his prize, after all he earned it fair and square.

And then there were my Puritanical rantings about Tom Hardy’s Jude. It was just that all the children be hung as punishment for adultery. That was the just punishment of God’s law, otherwise we would be stuck with Sade.

In 6th grade I wanted to do a women’s biography on Clementine Churchill. The teacher, who was already pissed off about my narrow war focus, asked “what did she do, be Churchill’s wife”. And without missing a beat, I answered yes. I eventually settled on Thatcher. Even that she was a little hesitant on. She was so distrustful of my narrow militarism that even the first female PM, might not qualify as a woman achiever. Well her suspicion was right. My main interest in her was the Falklands war. And as I look back, all the teachers who criticized my narrowness were correct. It was only in college, after the Fiasco, with a new methodology that I had the golden key to open all genres.

So it seems most of my life I wasn’t really fighting for anything good. At times I was for evil even. Even when I did generally embrace “good”, it was only in a vague cartoonish sense, we’re the good guys your the bad guys. Pow, pow! pow. Even in college when ideology began to matter it was more inspired by hate and rage than humanity.

So it is only fairly recently that I can honestly say I took “good” seriously as opposed to only being focused on my own “greatness”.

Well, where do I go from here? It seems like I sacrificed my whole childhood and youth on the cross for nothing.

Actually, if I had ever become Great, much of my youthful musings would be quite appropriate. The typical boyhood dreams of a man destined for greatness. But in my squalor there is a pathetic ring to it.

There was also at times an interest in becoming perfectly mathematically-logical like a computer calculating. I looked to Ancient Greek rhetoric and to Sun Tzu. The more obvious places to learn to think like a computer would have been formal logic, Aristotle, Bertrand Russel, Analytic Philosophy, Game theory etc. Well, actually I did read a little Game theory. But at the end of the day perhaps the best calculating world view is evopsych itself.

I guess my main flaw is that I was blind to the community around me. Not as sucked into Big Picture thinking as I got in college, but focused on grand ambition and destiny. I didn’t think of the JRHS, HS or Frat U as little Republics to work in. But it wasn’t as bad in my youth because I did more clearly see the power of analogy.

Then there were my pathetic summer plans year after year. Ever year would finally be the year I became a super-strong genius.

Well part of the problem is I will never have another chance to politic in the Little Republics of school. The office-place is more of a Little Tyranny.

But I guess I was so caught up in the future that I missed all the Tom Sawyer moments of boyhood. Even if I’m not ruined for life, experiencing it now would ring hallow.

And so I’m just stuck. there isn’t anything I want from this world. And yet I still eat as long as my parents allow it. But where do I go from here?

Well was I really superior to my peers? Was my celebration of blood and death so long as it lead to my Glory superior to their MTV hedonism? And if not, then I was the bad guy. In many ways it seems I was in the wrong up to college. Even in college I might have been on the Right Side, but my hostile attitude might have been uncalled for.

I don’t think my life proves that nice guys finish last. I was a spiteful, hateful, vengeful person that never forgot a slight. I held useless grudges when the other side was open. My life would have gone far better had I followed TIT FOR TAT. Or even simply turning the other cheek. Much can be said against Tolstoyan pacifism. But in my case pure self-interest would have been far better served with Mr.Rogers niceness.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think you should audition for 'So you think you can dance.'

4. enamdar

enamdar Member

Do you think feminism meaning the demands for political, economic, social equality, is inherently tied to the sexual revolution or is it just a historical accident? Some of the early symbols of sexual liberation such as DH Lawrence, Hugh Hefner and James Bond seem incredibly misogynist by today's standards. There were egalitarian aspects to sexual hedonism in the 60s and 70s. But the Girls Gone Wild era of the 90s and 00s seems to be according to evopsychs and PUAs, just alpha males having their pick of the rape-toys. Do you think it is impossible to mix equality with sexual Puritanism? Is an alpha male enjoying a harem of slaves more egalitarian than monogamy?

Well I guess there are three sources to see men as winners and women as victims in sexual debauchery. Neo-Victorianism, Evopsych/PUA, and Radical Feminism. While vastly different ideologies they all support the same conclusion.

I suppose PUA/evopsych would say women and alpha males both win at the expense of "nice guys". Alphas get a harem. And women get what they want, which is to be dominated, hurt, used and abused.

It seems senseless for males and females to even associate with each other if they are really like that.

5. RichardBrittain

RichardBrittain Member

Well, I think this is a silly question. Every woman is different: yes, some prefer a bad guy but I'm sure they have their reasons. [​IMG]

6. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

Heff's "girlfriends" are not slaves. They are willing participants. The "sexual liberation" of which you speak does go both ways. Though there is still a lingering stigma attached to women who sleep around in some people's (ignorant and outdated) opinions, at least they're not going to jail and/or being killed for it. The women you refer to are not being sold into slavery. They are doing what they are doing willingly, be it for the money, the thrill that comes with being a sex symbol, or because they are simply proud of their bodies and like sex and are young and want to do whatever. If you want to go on a case-by-case basis with these women, you will find any number of reasons why they do what they do. They cannot all be classified as having one mindset, and you certainly can't say they have no choice and are being dominated by the men in their lives. They are free to come and go as they please. Their reasons are their own. They are adults.

So no one just fucks for the hell of it these days? Or they never did? How about love? Does love factor into your equations in any sense? Do two people in a committed, loving relationship, make love or is one cruelly dominating the other? I know my truth, what's yours?

They're not. I'm engaged to a "nice guy." A couple of our friends hooked up and they are about to be engaged (he has discussed it with us). He isn't a cruel, dominating, evil bastard. My best friend is living with the most passive guy I've ever known. He certainly doesn't fit the description you have given of Men with a capital M.
    I am emotionally built for monogamy, as is my fiance (that is one of many ways we fit each other), but I recognize that this is not the case for everyone. Some girls like to fuck. Some guys like to fuck. Why shouldn't they get together and do it and have no victims, but instead two satisfied people? Do you think this has never happened since the dawn of time? You'll find a number of people on this board who could give you their accounts...
    However, you'll find plenty of people that are assholes about the whole thing and do indeed enjoy domination and causing pain (you found yourself among these once, though you say it wasn't your intention to hurt them, but to prove something to yourself- do you count yourself unique among billions?). You just can't classify people this way. They're too complex. Any number of individual occurrences in a person's life, cultural influences, media influences, parenting styles, etc, makes one person a completely different individual from the next. And why would you WANT to classify them anyway? Are you so afraid to make a misstep, so afraid to get burned, that you have to be able to expertly predict and calculate what will happen down to the second?
    I have struggled with social anxiety, and I used to spend hours trying to think through scenarios in my head to make sure I could avoid awkward situations. I will tell you, it is no way to live. Better to just try your best to live the good life, because yourself is the only person you will ever be able to fully control, no matter how much "power" and influence you think you have or can acquire.
    There are no kings anymore. No one is golden. No one believes in Divine Right anymore. It's over. You're like us. One of the masses, God help us all. Better accept it and resolve to try to leave the world a better place in some small way like the rest of us have. This is the real heroic act- to continue to strive against impossible odds, knowing that it will have some positive impact on those we leave behind.

7. enamdar

enamdar Member

Ok so its almost exactly a year since my dad threw me out the first time for quitting my job out of pessimistic despair. Lived on my own a few months. Mom felt bad, let me back in. Aug was again set as the deadline. And here I'm. My parents actually DON'T want me to move out without being able to survive. But since being a loser in your mom's basement is the lowest form of life, how can I stay here?

Maybe I should have just taken the JRHS deal. Every damn popular hot girl in the school chasing me. Were they faking it? Look a girl I just met at a party for the first time would "pretend" to like me. So it wasn't a conspiracy. If my personality did give off a scent to girls that said "pretend" to like this guy. You kno what? Thats good enough cuz most guys don't get even that, and even if the popular girls were joking, I could have leveraged that social capital into getting a ton of 2nd/3rd tier girls.

But noooo, I had to be a hero. I had to launch a direct assault on America's model of masculinity. I had to be the city upon a hill, a light unto the nations with my own creed of what it meant to be a man. A most honorable goal, but impossible before I had broken structural barriers, demonstrated my own machismo and earned credibility on their ground. I did that somewhat with my focus on muscles and fitness. But the only real test of US machismo is how many girls do you use and abuse? And that road lay wide open to me. Peace on such generous terms, and I spit on it.

But could I really have done better in JRHS? Doesn't my personality development through elementary school count for anything? Isn't that too much of a burden to put on 1 year? And if my flaws do really go back before Kindergarten, is it really personal choice? Or is it not clear that I'm tainted, polluted in my very essence? Like Oedipus in a Greek tragedy. IT was never about individuals.

So as close as it may have seemed in JRHS or HS, it never could have been. Free-willed decisions of individuals are not worth a damn. Not in the past, not in the future either. So there is nothing I can do to break through my tragic flaws, my pollution, or much less the structural dragons. Don't even think of touching that God of Ideology. And so on the personal, structural, and ideological, I was doomed to fail. The weight of each mountain alone would be enough to break me. But I had 3. I hit ideology the hardest. That was the gordion knot to break all 3. But it was the greatest failure. Like Icarus I could almost touch the sun, but fell just short as my wings lit afire.

And yet in the end ideology, which didn't matter at all, was the only thing that mattered. It alone could make a world worth living in. Without that victory, all I could secure was my selfish genes. And I don't quite care for my inheritance. Perhaps I could look after the genes of my heroes, any yet how many rotten apples fell far from their fathers tree? It is their ideas that count. But that goes back to the Ideological Battle. The unimaginable one. So yes maybe the quest to hurt and humiliate women is the only life worth living. It would have solved the personal and the structural. The best life a man could live in 2010. And yet perhaps that too was always out of my reach.

I lived my who life for the Superego. But the Superego is supposed to represent the society u live in. Society says obey your Id, the Darwinian male drive to hurt and debase women. I mean as much as I fought that instinct, I had it in me just like any other male. So who was I fighting it for? Abstract personal asocial ahistorical virtue? What good was that? And yet if that is all life is, what good is life? Can one live ONLY for the pleasure of sadism?

8. ORANGE ACE

ORANGE ACE Guest

Hello,

I think its interesting a convo I was having today with a female house mate of mine. It was her stance that women are some how sexually suppressed in todays society. And I had to beg to differ. Today women are as free as ever. I personally believe that lots of the suppression that women feel actually come from other women.

Yes I admit that a guy that sleeps around alot does not face the same criticim that a women would for sleeping around. But my stance is that this is more due to other women judging women than man. I love a chic thats putting out personally.

And on that note in an effort to help these oppressed women I have created this site check it out. www.aceorisha.amazingwebmall.com ,

9. Eternal Soul

Eternal Soul Member

Dear OP:

May I remind of of the basic golden logical rule that says "Generalization is ALWAYS wrong?".

I can see where you're coming from to a very limited extent, but your methodology is way so corrupted, and you confused me a bit whether you're THAT confused, or actually a troll?

10. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

dude, your fucked up in the head.
    i suggest you get yourself some good quality group therapy NOW!

if you are for real, i see you at age 60 still living at home with your mother.

i still can't shake this gut feeling i have that, your bullshitting us along with stuff your laying on us.
    i pray for your sake that you are a troll and, none of this shit in your head is for real.
    if your mental shit is for real though... my heart goes out to you and, i am so very, very, very, sorry you are so fucked up in your head!:sad:

11. enamdar

enamdar Member

Well if you look through my past postings on this thread, I go into a lot of personal details about how I ended up where I am. I admit shunning the entire universe and feeling engulfed by an ocean of evil is an extreme position. But there is an internal logic that led me here. I suppose life is about compromising with the vast evils of the world. To accept that the world is not an utopia. And yet as I look and see how much ill is brought on by humans, it is enough to drive one to madness. Especially when the "human nature" defense is brought up based on Darwinism. And thats where the whole women going for "bad boys" thing comes in. For me that is so much more than just being bitter that some other got the girl. It gets to the very nature of existence, in a universe operating on the laws of sexual selection. From Darwinism the male-female relation becomes master-slave and both sides are equally corrupted by it, emerging as deformed monstrosities. And my personal history relates to this both in my limitations, structural barriers and missed opportunities as well as my attempt to live by a code of personal morality. So there is very much a civil war going on in my soul that is tearing me to shreds in the process.

IDK what the answer is or if there can be an answer. I mean the facts on the ground are what they are, no purely rhetorical or logical argument can change that.

The population being as large as it is, you would think there might be some communities in America that try to live by different values. And there are a few tiny alt-communities left. But I mean it really seems like there is no way out. There were numerous experiments at Utopia, in US history all of which failed. And perhaps that "proves" flawed human nature. Or it could just be doomed by structural factors but that is just as unassailable. In the past I spoke about being a solitary hermit. But even if I had the skills and capital for it, I realize that a life like that is just as unhuman as the 9-5.

People will always try to make these things personal. If I just have "problems" then nothing I say applies to anyone but me. And I admit if I had succeeded within this system perhaps these questions never would have arisen. And yet as long as I retained the power of empathy, sympathy and sentiment, it is hard to see how I could ever have entirely escaped this predicament.

If high school had gone on forever the way it was going, I never would have gotten the slap in the face by reality. And the moment I had the revelation about what "life" actually was and entailed, I cracked. I had been a Don Quixote living like a Disney cartoon. The windmill proved more fearsome than the dragon.

Am I wrong for rejecting the 2010 life? I always took it for granted but it is harder to obtain than I imagined. But lets say I can get it. A decent job. An attractive loving wife. Kids. The American dream. I thought it was the easiest thing in the world, easy, boring, below my great ambitions, not interested. But I mean thats an escape of its own. In a way. Once can stoically attempt to maintain personal virtue and ignore the filth. And it doesn't have to be all stoic fortitude, there can be genuine happiness. IDK I guess I'm too jealous, envious, spiteful and resentful to see rampant unpunished evil. Is that a flaw? I guess my character is just unfit for a liberal pluralistic society of "live and let live". "As long as you harm no one" they would add. Harm. Does that only mean a gun to the head? I mean what about a culture that turns half the population into vicious beasts and the other half into sniveling playthings? Is there no "harm" in that?

The Analytic philosophers say philosophy can't solve anything since all it does is move words around. A "science" who's only tool and method of experimentation is language. Maybe their right. All my internal debates have just been the shuffling of words that have brought me no closer to the truth.

I have been offered the chance to as They say "America love it or leave it". With globalization a large degree of Americanism has been universalized. But there are substantial differences. Should I just leave America and start over? It would get me away from some of the worst excesses of American culture. But it would be a substantial commitment. I have no future in America. I have enough cash to live a year or so overseas. It would substantially alter structural factors.

12. Eternal Soul

Eternal Soul Member

Dear Sir,

I can see your point, but it's still full of crap. Why don't you take this stuff to the "Mind Fuck" forum? I mean it is a great thread and all but you posted it in the wrong forum.

13. Dejavu

Dejavu Until the great unbanning

Short answer, no. All our biological drives naturally seek power.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

15. cork

cork Member

In my world domination is part of life.

16. enamdar

enamdar Member

And world domination WAS my life. So what right to I have to complain about the evils of the world, when all my ideology was just an attempt to beautify Pinky and the Brain?

There were two sides the conqueror and the demagogue. Knowing my limited skills perhaps it would have been better if the DMG had triumphed. On the other hand it is a good thing that militarism pushed me into athletics. IDK maybe my dream should have been to be Batman. Then I would have spent my life trying to be Bruce Wayne, which is more realistic than Genghis Khan.

In JRHS after years of being a loser, I was offered a chance to integrate on such generous terms. Join the American Empire, preserve some semblance of cultural autonomy. I would have to embrace MTV and rap but I could define it on my own terms. Lilaism. I remember Josie, didn't even like me. She found my craziness "annoying". But once Lila, the Queen Bee, said I was cute, and she liked me, all of a sudden Josie thought so too. Such generosity from Lila. And here I'm talking about democracy and republic. Look how generous the Queen of the school can be. Perhaps something is to be said of hierarchy and aristocracy.

I only had 2 years of sports, changed my life. Imagine 6 years of sports, all through JRHS and HS. I would still suck, but perhaps suck within reason. And I'd have been in great shape. Instead of a roller-coaster ride, a continuous steady ascent. With all the girls I'd have asked out at out of town sporting events, the number of girls I asked out could very well be in the thousands.

Again, I would have known my limitations, but I would have masked them by playing the over-confident actor in a comedy.

That is the real essence of Lilaism, that life could have been a comedy, not a tragedy. All the elements were in the air- lust, comedy, athletics. I was at the tipping point. It seemed almost over-determined. Oh why did not the Lila Revolution complete itself?

Yes, Catoism triumphed. The idea of pure virtue, immune to the charms of women. I did not look for a material basis to virtue, it was all spirit. If I had, I might have asked, why does one show virtue by ignoring sexy females? The short answer is the hero can't be distracted. But the more in-dept answer would have been based on the "harm principle" of ethics and looked at who is being harmed by sex. This would have led me to see females more as victims than temptresses. So even if no PUA, I still would have had radically different male-female relations. And even based on Catoism there was no need for such standoffishness. But I'm much more suited as the comic bufoon than the tragic hero. Yes I made my life a tragedy, but I played the serious hero so poorly.

With hindsight, Lilaism offered the only possible happy life, I could have lived on this planet. Again it need not be wildly successful, but it would have been funny, not tragic. Thats the point.

So can I blame the world? I was offered a generous peace. But I wanted it all. I did the "right" thing by chosing pure virtue over comfort. But look where it has led.

Oh Lila, I ought to have worshiped you. Even if you were just joking faking. I was a fake joke too. You lifted me out of the gutter. You completed the Lila Revolution. You were the Break. And yet that fine recognition, was the beginning of the end. The Thermidor of my crazed frenzy. There was still so much to be done after Lila. But already comic consciousness had led to an anti-sexualist Holden Caulfieldism. It need not have been that way. The early days were more Glen Quagmire.

But could I have ever embraced Lilaism? Not to the extent it stood in the way of Catoism. Even if there was a minuscule chance of Cato, I would have to turn down the sure thing of Lila. I know me. Without a crystal ball to 2010, it just couldn't have happened. And yet perhaps the serpents could have strangled the infant Hercules virtue. If only... Had the Lila Revolution reaped its full fruit perhaps Catoism would have died in the cradle. Look at me rooting for vice over virtue. But now I know where the road of virtue ended.

What good does it do me now? There is no chance of Neo-Lilaism. It could have been embraced at any time in HS, perhaps even during the early days of college. But on the verge of graduation, there is no possibility of Lilaism in the workplace. So why talk of it? So much could have been overcome. And yet to the extent I'm a character my highest aspiration was the nobility of Cato. To become purely comic would be to cease to be me. I call it Lilaism, but the real shield from the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, would have been that whatever Fortuna threw at me I would react like a Homer Simpson, so perhaps it ought to be called Homerism.

17. vigilanteherbalist2

vigilanteherbalist2 Senior Member

dude, no one will read a post that long. i stopped after the first paragraph and my answer is :

we are programmed by society even more so than biology.

18. DazedGypsy

DazedGypsy fire

first, i have read some of your long posts and can appreciate your deep thinking.
    as a felllow thinker, my advice is to re-read the above sentence you posted.
    less thinking more doing
    try not to worry
    love is there
    best wishes :peace: