Are we witnessing the collapse of America?

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by StpLSD25, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Maybe in another hundred years they'll figure out that their votes are meaningless, and they have to try something different. The evidence that their votes are meaningless comes from every major university in the country. They are so stupid, its pointless to call them stupid.

2. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

If you were disenfranchised it was the Democrat Party who disenfranchised you by rigging the primary shutting down Bernie Sanders , handing you their candidate which the public perceived as cool and aloof, then parading her around as if she had actually won a fair election.

In your heart you knew this wasn't going to go down well just as I did.

I digress though, since I should point out neither party represents me at all because they represent themselves at our expense.

3. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

No, it's the winner-take-all electoral system that makes the act of voting in a presidential election a purely symbolic act for me. In my case, I preferred Hillary over Sanders. To me, a cholce between Trump and Sanders would be another one of those "lesser of evils" deals--not that Bernie is evil like Trump and Hillary, but that he's a modern-day Don Quixote, easily demolished by the Republican propaganda mill. I did turn out for Hillary, but would have stayed home for Bernie.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  4. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

It still was , my point exactly.

Only difference was Sanders offered, still does I might add , a real difference and at least he didn't make a campaign stop at Goldman Sachs cutting deals with the kleptocrat banksters.

Comon ! Making promises to the same people who've been plundering America for decades isn't my idea of putting on a fresh face.
    In politics there's an old adage which goes " you dance with those that brought you ". Americans knew it and disgusted Democrats failed to turn out for her.

5. It's weird how long they have been able to keep that circus going. Aloof is absolutely on target when describing the Clintons. They don't know crap about how Americans outside of the 1-5% live.

new Athenian likes this.
  6. wooleeheron

We just elected a billionaire, precisely because we automatically assume they are more competent if they have money, are tall, white, and male. If the Clintons never had a dime and never went to exclusive ivory league colleges, he would never have been elected. The assumption is that rich people know more about poverty than the poor.

7. Yea, of course, because that's who causes it.

wooleeheron likes this.
  8. wooleeheron

The poor create their own poverty as well, largely a poverty of mind and spirit, because they are discouraged from ever learning how to share their words and play nice. Kids in the poorest neighborhoods do better if they attend church, but nobody else does, because they might as well be bottom of the totem pole and are attacked from all sides. Bullying employees is epidemic in the US, while the schools struggle to warehouse kids like so many cattle.

Ancient peasant cultures often have a culture that is unfathomable in many respects to the wealthy, so they have less they can attack, because they cannot comprehend people cooperating in certain ways and communicating in others that they don't comprehend. The more money enters the picture for the peasants, the more they start to resemble the wealthy. If the president wants to buy Greenland, all he has to do is corrupt their culture with money.

WritersPanic likes this.
  9. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I think Bill knew all to well how Americans outside of the 1-5% lived. He was born in Hope, Arkansas. His father, a traveling bigamist salesman, died in a car accident before he was born.. When he was four years old, his mother left him with her parents while she trained as a nurse. She remarried and moved to a small hose without indoor plumbing in Hot Springs. His new stepfather was a car dealer, gambler, and abusive drunk who beat his mother. He was able to win a scholarship to Georgetown where he had a distinguished academic career, was elected to the honorary society Phi Beta Kappa, and became a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford University, followed by Yale Law School. Like Trump, he was a draft dodger, but relied on student deferments instead of a bogus medical condition. He, of course, became a law professor and Governor of Arkansas, but didn't become really rich until after his presidency, with his speaking engagements. I suspect that his humble background made him more inclined to cozy up to rich donors--emphasis on "suspect"--but his seems to be a "rags to riches" story, unlike Trump, who was born with the proverbial silver spoon in his mouth.

10. He moved to a small hose? That must have been really cramped. At least he got into that Ivory League school.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Ironic that a hose wouldnt have indoor plumbing

;)

12. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

Trump Clinton.jpg Birds of a feather ******

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I think it's both. In my country a significant amount of people has general disinterest in voting (and a superficial interest in politics at best). I think it rings the same in your country. They probably feel better represented by a party here but they can't be bothered to vote or get properly informed. There are always an amount of citizens like that in any democracy, and it's often not problematic.. unless of course the amount of people like that is too big.

14. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

yeah ? you sure ?

Nope, just more of the same old song and dance .

Rainbowtoke and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You're both right
    Nuanced as always, the both of ya

16. Rainbowtoke

Rainbowtoke Member

Its a fact that America has moved in a much more Liberal direction since the 1950's and America had become worse and worse. Liberalism is destroying America. Its sad to watch and im glad I won't have to pay the consequences for what Liberals are doing. Sometimes its great being old hahahaha!

17. wooleeheron

Greed is destroying America, as it always has since the civil war. Not just any greed mind you, but flat out insane greed in a slave culture. Go ask a gangster or a Mafioso about greed if you really need all the juicy details. The republican party is famous for their Mafia connections, which is why they talk about things like corruption in government, family values, and patriotism.

soulcompromise likes this.
  18. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

So how did you feel about the civil rights movement?

Meliai, Tyrsonswood and Okiefreak like this.
  19. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I don't agree. Look in any sociology textbook for academic positions on the issues... abortion for example. I am not shrugging my shoulders an walking away. I see the problem. I love some of the ideology behind Life arguments. But the reality is closer to this excerpt from Othersociologist.com:

I think about things like our healthcare and I can't picture not being more liberal about them. What about minimum wage? There's cause for alarm because most jobs pay less than you need to barely scrape by.

I really like a more progressive stance on income tax. It's like people don't understand that you will get something in return for your "hard earned money".

Flagme15 and granite45 like this.
  20. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

You seem to me to be 'in the know' so I'll ask: on the subject of income tax, what would be bad about giving all Americans a generous standard deduction? Say $40,000. Then for every dollar over that everyone would be taxed the same percentage, whatever it takes to balance the budget for that fiscal year. And no capital loss exemptions, to hell with how many kids you decided to have and no credits for first time homeowners or any of that shit. Also, it wouldn't matter how you made your income, either by working a 9 to 5 or playing the stock market or what-ever-the-fuck. Equivalent rules for corporations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.