are trees made outta air?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Boogabaah, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

why isn't there a big ditch under/around the bottom of trees? trips me out that trees are on flat ground or even a little raised mound. how does that happen?

2. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

3. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

my thoughts exactly! :withstupi

4. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

You better be passin some of that over this way, cuz you smoke only the good shit, from what I can tell

5. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

AHAHAHA! i'm just outside a lot lately.. and yes i do smoke some really good stuff

6. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

the whole of the tree is found in the seed....;)

7. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

Well you best be sharing

8. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

the come over.. i'll get more

what'cha mean the whole of the tree is found in the seed.. i know that if you cut it open theres a tiny tree like in there

9. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

trees have holes? are they fuckable?

10. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

maybe.. there was a banana slug sleeping in a hole in a tree.. cute little guy.

11. masterofpuppest

masterofpuppest blank

because of the roots, maybe?

12. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

okay heres the thing.. i'm in the middle of the redwoods.. and these trees are huge! where'd it all come from? water? soil nutriants? i don't get it.. i need to ask a plant expert.. like big elf, but he's not here. and y'all ain't much help

13. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

Plants are mostly made of air, carbon dioxide to be exact. Its major component is cellulose which is essentially a carbohydrate, meaning "hydrated carbon" of course.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

trees arn't made 'outta air", but you could almost say air is made "outta" trees. or at least made BY them.

sunlight, water and soil neutrients, the latter comming partialy from what animals like ourselves have to get rid of, our exhailed carbon, our shit, and ultimately our dead carcassess when we leave them behind. in turn they give us back the air we could not breathe without, as well as building materials, again not just for hoomans but all creatures. and sometimes things to eat as well.

nature recycles 100% and plants are the other side from animals. taking in what we throw out and thowing out what we need to take in. plus the sunlight, because even nature isn't 100% perpetual motion. so energy gets pumped into the system from the sun too.

the living part of the tree, other then the leaves through which they transpire the oxygen we need, is just the layer just under the bark.

=^^=
    .../\...

15. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

Most of the material that makes up a tree is absorbed from the roots. A redwoods roots can be spread hundreds (sq) of feet around the base of it. A large part of the mass is stored water in the living cells of it. So that is why it doesn't sink but expand.

16. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

thanks guys.. that does make more sense.

i'm just amazed at these trees and forest