Are They Still Good?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by Bella_Donna, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Bella_Donna

Bella_Donna *Femme Fatale*

Hello there!

I have a question. You see, I've had some dried shrooms (sitting in a cool, dark place sealed in a ziplock baggie) for about four months. Unfortunately, I just never had the chance to do them... :p Anyways, I'd like to now but I'm unsure if they're still good. They have a little blue on the stems, but I've heard that could just be bruising. Is there any way to tell? What are the consequences of eating expired shrooms? Any help anyone can offer would be great!!

Thanks,

Bella xoxo

2. Foc

Foc Member

Should be fine...next time you aren't going to use them for that long put them with some damp-rid though.

Enjoy

3. Bella_Donna

Bella_Donna *Femme Fatale*

Thank you!

I really didn't know I wasn't going to use them for so long. They were a birthday present and between school and work, I never had a chance. But, I have this week off for Reading Week (our Spring Break) so I'd like to do them now. :p

What is damp rid?

4. Foc

Foc Member

Damp rid is the stuff in those little packets that are in bags of beef jerky and stuff, it just absorbs moisture.

Have fun on your week off

5. Varmint

Varmint Member

He's talking about the silica gel packs you find in many things these days. Little white cloth bags with clear or translucent crystals in them. A small bag of dry white rice might do the trick in a pinch. Mom used to put a few grains in the salt shaker to keep the salt from clumping. It draws the moisture away. Worked for a long time. Good luck with the shrooms.

Nuts. I should've checked the date on this. I'm a wee tad late.

6. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

"Nuts. I should've checked the date on this. I'm a wee tad late."

Yeah, I hate it when that happens.