Are These Yanks For Real Or What

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by paulfreespirit, May 16, 2007.

1. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

If youre just going to talk platitudinous crap I am not listening - you may as well have said "strictly speaking I know I will have a lot of support for this because its what we are supposed to think but I condemn your use of the term american to cover all americans incase you shower some of the good ones in shit " well fucking hell - tell their army to stop killing the good Iraqis along side the bad ones

2. dapablo

dapablo redefining

did no-one ever tell you two wrongs don't make a right ?

"platitudinous" good word :)

3. mamaKCita

mamaKCita fucking stupid.

yup, i changed my name on here. same KC. still an asshole.

4. mamaKCita

oh, who fucking cares? let 'em hate us. keeps us from getting bigger heads.

5. paulfreespirit

paulfreespirit Senior Member

thats the spirit kc :)

6. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

American humour is far more wet. I think the yanks are a mysterious people. they like their use of the W even when it should not be. Take coffee. They pronounce coffee as if there was a w. Cwoffee.

I would say yanks are not for real. Especially when you start to get into 60's Americana:D

7. mamaKCita

only new englanders say stuff that way. here out west our accents are much more open, flat and broad. sometimes a bit sing-song.

8. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

I like the American accents from the old diet coke adverts with the diet coke sexy man that always appeared.!

9. c j

c j Member

Being an american...that stuff doesn't bother me. I thought it was funny. I do know that many americans are not too educated (and don't feel a need to know what may appear to others as basic stuff). But in this case you should remember that many places are 1000 miles from a place that speak a foriegn language...and there are actually some people who have never met a foriegner (although that's changing with Hispanics working shops).

IMO there are good and bad people in every country...from the US to Britain to those in the middle east. Folks should just accept that.

Lastly, Hollywood is actually pretty good. They turn out some great entertainment. News outlets are the one's to watch out for. Some of them are trying to introduce the concept of fear and hate...thereby creating addictions in their viewers who then become hooked on their programming. True representations are just not a priority - that's the way with some outlets, not all.

10. FreeWind

FreeWind Member

11. mellowthyme

mellowthyme Member

This has been thrashed out too on the USA main forum page. Its easy to edit and intimidate people to come out with stupid and rash answers. Let's not remember that although we bait the Americans for being stupid, arrogant, tasteless and ignorant most of Europe look upon us (UK) in the same light.

http://hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222999

12. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

Bullshit - most europeans believe britain is way ahead in terms of culture - the germans and french travel en masse to our festivals etc and not only do they envy our music scene but our design studios and other cutural phenomena. The only thing they tend to deplore is our massive use of alcohol but they usually get over that after a few pints and a couple of tabs of E and join in

Have you ever heard anything from the french music charts its shit ! HA HA HA - Daft Punk were the last big french group to go international about 10 or 12 years ago

13. mellowthyme

mellowthyme Member

Not the ones I have met, they think we are all wankers, in the same way the world look upon America. Talk about culture. What when you see tits walking about in baseball caps and a drunk on the idea of owning a 4x4 off road vehicle, quoting ganagster films created from the 'Hollywood edited' version of history, hell bent on emulating American culture.

You may have a point about music but look at how teh English are treat when football travels, they cant wait to kick shit out of them. OK the Scots, Welsh and N. Irish are recieved more favourably, (we are talking about the British).

We are a nation of anal uptight twats who think we are great. This especailly goes to those southerners who actually believe this when abroad; we northerners know our limits.

14. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

Fuck it Youre right I mean look at this uk forum, what the hell am I on about - really what am I doing associating with you wankers - christ you people who still believe in britain are just chavvy scum

15. mamaKCita

*chuckles* do you people like ANYONE? i mean, besides jay, because, honestly, how could you not?

16. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Uganda ?

17. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

If the USA is so fuckin great how come they can land a spacecraft on the moon and have men walking about up there but cannot do a proper job of bombing a banana republic like iraq into the stoneage??

They are totally nuts !

18. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

America is a funny nation. They like everthing to be on a grand scale. Instead of a small arena for a rock concert. It has to be an open air event which envelops sky scrapers and other monuments as backdrops to pirotechnics. America are strangers to minimalism.

19. mamaKCita

oh for heaven's sake. do you honestly believe we don't have fantastic small venues? i've only been to a couple huge arena concerts...but they can be really nice in the daytime, sitting out on the grass, eating and drinking. i don't like to be crushed by a crowd.

20. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

I've heard America has some fantastic countryside :)