Are there many people from the UK still using this forum?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Rocket_man, Jul 22, 2021.

1. boubindica

boubindica Banned

I was made in Brighton. Well, second avenue, Hove to be precise. I remember my Nan taking me for walks along the prom to see the lights. My favourite was the spikey, rotating thing. All gone now sadly.

2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That used to be on the dome of the West Pier Theatre. As you say, now sadly gone, disappeared in a cloud of flames and smoke some years ago.

3. boubindica

boubindica Banned

I don’t remember that one. The one I mean stood on the prom. It was at the end of a long pole… I’ll try find a pic.

4. Vladimir Illich

Hmmmm - I vaguely remember it.

5. boubindica

boubindica Banned

6. boubindica

boubindica Banned

Funny, it seemed much taller and bigger to me back then. But I was only 4 or 5 so I suppose it would appear bigger to me back then.

7. Vladimir Illich

Yes, now I remember it !!! I believe it was one of the casualties of the 1987 'hurricane'.

8. boubindica

boubindica Banned

Ah, I wondered why it disappeared. Crikey, it must have been lethal once free of its pole, unless the wiring managed to keep it in one location.

9. Vladimir Illich

It wasn't in one piece, it was blown to smithereens by the storm.

10. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Thanks for the explanation, I have learnt something new this morning.
    I can imagine small winemakers distilling all the sludge and keeping it for themselves.

11. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Health should be the key factor for isolation when any virus is either entering the bloodstream or leading to severe pathogenic bacterial attack of the respiratory or digestive system.
    Then healthy younger people can play their part in the formation of natural immunity.
    New and mutated viruses appear every few years. We cannot lock the entire world down every time. We need a planned system of slowing viruses by simple actions such as wearing masks on crowded public transport. These should be set up for implementation at a moments notice. Care homes should also have a specific set of rules and procedures at these times. Working from home where possible should be stage 2.
    Hopefully the lessons learnt from covid will not be brushed under the carpet and forgotten.

colloquial likes this.
  12. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

The best place to live in the UK is where I live in Rhos On Sea/Colwyn Bay North Wales.
    It’s a no brainer! :p

562C957C-4A7F-4756-9B16-76E86E75A4FD.jpeg 29415B2E-388B-4B09-9B63-F9570D49957E.jpeg 714FE72F-75D3-47A6-9FD9-E2936BAB58CC.jpeg

13. Vladimir Illich

14. Boozercruiser

Boozercruiser Kenny Lifetime Supporter

As usual you do not have a clue what you are talking about.
    Rubbish as usual!

Actually the weather as shown in my photographs can be very good indeed here in North Wales.
    Well comparable to the rest of the country.
    The North Sea Gulf Stream runs by us which boosts temperatures, so actually it can be better and warmer here.
    Plus the sea air is brilliant here, so pollution is far better than living inland.
    Particularly in Manchester which is wet and Birmingham and London in particular.
    All solution hotspots.

So very healthy it is in North Wales!

North Wales is so very popular with holiday makers and tourists flood here.
    I don’t have to flood here.
    Why?
    Because I am lucky to live in one of the best places to live here in the whole UK.
    Here in my bought and paid for ground floor apartment with views of the sea and promenade.
    I am a very lucky and fortunate and healthy Man.
    So stick that up your jumper and chew on it.
    Clown! :p

Bottlenose Dolphins Wow Llandudno Pier Crowds -
    Bottlenose Dolphins Wow Llandudno Pier Crowds
    [​IMG]
    We were graced with a visit by a pod of six bottlenose dolphin’s on Monday. These playful visitors wowed crowds on the Pier with a display of acrobatics and general swimming mastery!

Bottle-nosed dolphins live in groups, they typically live in warm oceans and tropical seas.
    Although the warm waters of the North Atlantic Drift (or Gulf Stream a warm ocean current that comes from the Carribean area) warm teh waters of Cardigan and Llandudno Bay to such an extent that they can thrive.

They can actually use tools and transmit cultural knowledge from generation to generation, and their considerable intelligence has driven interaction with humans.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    WOLF ANGEL and boubindica like this.
  15. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

We used to have a TV show called Flipper, about a kid living in the Florida Keys with a pet dolphin.
    The dolphin, named Kathy, I think, committed suicide, causing scientists to believe that they were even more complex emotionally than previously believed. She was reported to have been depressed because the show had ended.
    I don't live in the UK but have wished I could.

16. boubindica

boubindica Banned

That’s really sad :( Yes, animals definitely get depressed, just like us.

17. boubindica

boubindica Banned

I miss the sea. Lived in many seaside towns. Once I’ve done all I need to do here in the city, I think I might move back near to a seaside village or town.

18. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

I always wanted to live by the session but never have. Camping on the beach, the surf was like a lullaby.

19. lovin2017

lovin2017 Members

I live in West Yorkshire.

Candy Gal likes this.
  20. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I have never been there.