Are there any snobs in the world of hippies?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Papillon, Jan 31, 2005.

1. TheNewt

TheNewt Member

white rastafarians? by definition a caucasian cannot become a rastafarian as the beliefs of rastafarianism are based on the idea of leaving the oppression of Babylon - the Rastafarian term for the white political power structure that has been holding the black race down for centuries. In the past, Rastas claim that blacks were held down physically by the shackles of slavery. In the present, Rastas feel that blacks are still held down through poverty, illiteracy, inequality, and trickery by the white man. The efforts of Rastafarianism is to attempt to remind blacks of their heritage and have them stand up against this Babylon and return home to Africa.

but then again, just because someone is born into the white race doesnt mean that they cannot empathise with rasta movement, beleifs and ideals, and are of course free to take whichever spiritual route they choose, so hey, whatever. iv just talked myself into it!!

2. Ankita

Ankita Member

I don't mean as in the religious aspect but a couple of good friends are very big reggae fanatics and seem to worship Bob Marley along with promote the peaceful relaxed stoner persona. Hey, its just a nickname.

I don't know if I was a snob. I guess so? :p

3. Brokenchantress

Brokenchantress Member

arent we all considered snobs sometimes? we dont mean to be, but sometimes people take stuff the wrong way. i mean its they who have the problem then, but .... grr,, tu sabes?

4. TheNewt

TheNewt Member

fair enuff! sorry, maybe I was being a bit snobbby by saying that about rastafari.............

[​IMG]

5. Ankita

Ankita Member

Don't feel bad. This is the right forum for that shit. :D

6. Love113

Love113 Member

Babylon is white ideologies, not white color nessecarily. It doesn't matter the color, Rasta goes anywhere. If color mattered to me I would be a hypocrite.

7. I'm an arrogant elitist asshole sometimes, I exclude people who agitate me to the point that I want to hurt them, and thus am a snob, my preservation of self and others makes me snobby, so be it

8. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

Thats true.. i guess it depends on how smart you are or dumb you are ..doh doing it again ..just kidding.

Well the few encounters i have had reading your post Ankita i thought you were a huge snob.......no just kidding (again).

9. mistkgarden922

mistkgarden922 Member

Well I suppose your all right there are snobs in all groups but arn't we snobs for talking about the snobs? I mean I shouldn't say much since I'm a pot snob and I refuse to even look below nuggs. So I'll shut up now.