are there any Rastas that do NOT smoke ganja?

Discussion in 'Rastafari' started by Adamist, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Adamist

Adamist Member

just curious...

2. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

ofcourse there are
    many
    are there any non rastas that smoke the ganja?
    rasta and ganja are not 1 thing but 2, with littlke to do with eachother but are wonderful guidance
    if u smoke herb but do not deffend jah do you get less high from the herb? ofcourse those who turn to jah without herb know jah none the less
    many of the most deeply spiritual rastas i know never touch the herb
    many do
    but they are really unrelated

3. Adamist

Adamist Member

awesome, thanks for the clarification..

i was just curious because i identify alot with Rastafari but i only like to smoke occasionally, and in extreme moderation... and i'm actually thinking about quitting. so i wasn't sure if that was "Rasta" or not. (not that i claim to be one, but i think at heart i share their spirit..)

4. yumyum2k5

yumyum2k5 Member

I have been a rasta for a while and have only recently began to smoke the herb. Rasta smoke herb to gain a one-ness with jah and with themselves and to meditate, if a rasta already feels that strongly he doesnt need to smoke the herb. Its always nice to really get together with jah and smoke the herb though.

5. mikamika

mikamika Member

...yes it is a horrible stereotype! horrible!

Personally I used to, but I came to a point in my journey in which I new my faith and bond with his majesty and the eternal jah couldnt become any stronger and closer. No longer did i need have "insight" so weed became meaningless.

Also unfortunately this stereotype isn't helped by people claiming rastafari simply to justify smoking weed.

6. Rudenoodle

Rudenoodle Minister of propaganda Lifetime Supporter

Why would a person other than black care what the tenements of the Rastafarian movement said in relation to there own life?

According to it's "teachings" anyone who had white skin was a devil and not possible to save.

It wasn't until Bob Marley came around that this part of Rastafarian culture fell into dis-use, and that was only do to greed within its own people.

In its original form the Rastafarian movement was a racist organization, kinda ironic huh?

7. wa bluska wica

wa bluska wica Pedestrian

an acquaintance of mine in nyc is the most serious rasta i have ever met

believes in h.i.m., leviticus, etc, but does not smoke the herb, shaves his head

btw rude boy [jamaican joke, sorry], he is as white as snow [canadian joke, sorry]

8. Rudenoodle

He also sounds like he's full of shit and extremely confused ! :piggy:

If a white guy is the most serious "Rasta" you have met maybe you haven't met any at all.

9. mmg

mmg fish out of water

i don't know any rastaman who don't smoke ganja. i know quite a few who only smoke ganja with tobacco. and one who only smokes weed from his own stash, even in the company of others he will refuse other weed.

I and I don't need to see th color of skin, just the locks on his head, in his heart. I don't know any rasta who make skin color distinctions, that would be blatant racism and far from the right message.

10. wa bluska wica

well, in eastern montana there are not too many rastas

i knew a few back in sf but i think they were in it for the pot

this guy is in it for the righteousness and is a very serious man

rastafari is an individualistic religion, that is, each man interpret the thing for himself

thus a white baldhead in nyc and jamaicans in the hills can both find something to keep them on a good path

if a catholic can ring a bell and turn bread into flesh while a protestant cannot, does that make one more of an xtian than the other?

11. Rudenoodle

If he believes in that sort of thing more power to him, I personally have never seen a Catholic turn bread to flesh or a lion talk.

12. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

ganja is an entheogen. and it is optional to the rasta

13. wa bluska wica

rudenoodle

in the words of the old man of the mountain you will find the answers you seek

14. Rudenoodle

Uh, thanks.:hat:

15. wa bluska wica

well, you keep asking questions, and then answering them in your sig, i thought you might have overlooked it....

16. Dylanchick0113

Dylanchick0113 Member

I Don't Smoke Weed.

17. RasLevi

RasLevi Member

Yeah, I'm a white Rasta without dreadlocks and doesn't smoke any more. I busted the stereotype. What matters is whats in the mind and in the heart.

18. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

nope

:cheers2:

19. DonBK

DonBK Member

In all fairness, it is pretty widely accepted that His Majesty did not consume ganja and placed a great significance on the reduction of trade barriers, like tariffs, between African countries, as to stimulate trade between these countries.

At the same time it is pretty widely accepted that Rasta place a great emphasis on ganja, but in all the years have not initiated a campaign pushing for the reduction of trade barriers between African countries.

20. DonBK

DonBK Member

Actually, without offending, what matters is continuing the works that H.I.M. started ... everything else is sentimental.