Are there any Mormons on HF?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Piaf, Jun 2, 2013.

1. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

loose is comfortable ...they dont look so bad

2. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Comfortable or not, they're gonna be pretty upset when their underwear doesn't stop a bullet or something. lol

3. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

They already know that TNS. Except they blame it on the holiness of those wearing the now full-of-holes garments.

4. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

lol I'm very stoned, so I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, but they believe the garments will protect them from bullets, knives, fire, etc.

5. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I'm not joking either.

6. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Upon further inspection, I have to finally conclude that, in my opinion, Mormonism fails to answer the most basic question about God and the Bible. Furthermore, Mormon missionaries aren't really nice to be nice, but because of hope of converting people.
    I understand its popularity, as they are very well adjusted and functioning people, hardworking and family-oriented, however theologically they fail.

7. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

There is a huge drug problem with the mormon community in utah.

I recently watched a nat geo documenatry on it. pretty interesting

8. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Whaaaaa? For real?

9. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I look at people in this country who have converted. They just don't fit well anymore, if that makes sense. Not only have they adopted this religion, but they try to mimic American culture, or what they percieve is American culture. Seriously, celebrating 4th of July? Thanksgiving? American food?
    It's just so ridiculous to me.
    One thing more...it seems to pretty much only last while missionaries who converted them are here. Once they return to the States, these members aren't active anymore...until next missionaries "seduce" them again.
    This isn't faith, it's more an infatuation with a foreign culture and a country that is perceived as advanced, wealthy and doing well.
    Anyways, interesting to observe :)

10. lode

lode Banned

Yes. And Piaf, you'll be wife #6.But In my heart wife one.

One of my good friends is a nephew of Joseph Smith.

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Saw on the net a few years ago that some of my ancestors were involved in running the mor-mons out of Nauvoo., Illinois. Whether they helped end the life of the head mor-mon was not determined by me. ( didn't read this thread).

12. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

That shit got started here in New England in a small farmhouse in South Royalton VT where Joseph Smith was born.

"Supposedly while he prayed, a pillar of light came down from heaven, two personages appeared to him and one of them called him by name and said Joseph, this is my beloved son. He realized he was talking to God, the father, and his son Jesus Christ," :rolleyes:

Hotwater