Are there any Mormons on HF?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Piaf, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

[​IMG]

2. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

That's creepy.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i think that describes of a lot of your threads pretty well.

4. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Touché.

5. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

They are nice people.
    Also, I miss Iminmyunderwear.

6. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I never knew about the fancy underpants until I had a Mormon for a boss when I worked in retail pharmacy. Her and her family were way awesome, and we became really good friends. They weren't uptight at all. Very easy going, fun people.

7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

So the underwear is not just a myth?

8. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Nope! I guess not all of them wear them all the time, but it's a lot more common than I would have guessed.

9. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

You wouldn't like them so much if you knew more about their beliefs. Not compatible with traditional Catholicism.

Yeah, I can't believe he just dropped off the radar after all these years without saying goodbye!
    :confused:
    I wonder if he's okay.

10. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Yeah. Mary wasn't a virgin, no holy Trinity, no rosaries, no saints, and they probably think the Catholic Church is of the Devil. They do seem nice though, very family oriented and traditional. The niceness could be fake though.
    Also, that baptism for the dead thing, and the living prophet make me sort of cringe.

11. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

In the American South, we have to deal with a lot of fake nice, especially from church people who just think it's the best way to get what they want. They can be dangerous. It's often safer dealing with bitches and assholes; you always know where you stand.

The Mormons consider the Book of Mormon by Joseph Smith to be of equal importance and authority with the Bible. It still includes doctrine pertaining to polygamy, which they stopped practicing only because the US government required the change before Utah could become a state.

They also have a HUGE objection to alcohol, even in small amounts. They think it's a sin for the Pope to drink wine at communion.

12. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

And what's with the no coffee thing?
    And us Catholics like our wine. Just look at Italians :-D

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

they call them "temple garments"

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

15. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

They have an issue with caffeine. I wonder if they have a problem with decaf coffee. Could they view it as a "gateway" beverage? :D I once knew a protestant fundamentalist that wouldn't play card games because it could lead to gambling, supposedly.

I knew some Catholics in college who knew how to have a good time. Sorry, HF has nothing but beer mugs. :cheers2: We can pretend there is Italian wine in there. :)

16. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

They believe in abstaining as they consider their body to be part of the temple. They are not forbidden from drinking it, it is instead a word of caution.

Oh the irony. Try to explain to a non Christian that we honour, the big guy, JC and little spook and they are all the same being. Or communion or saints or confessionals. The real kicker is the virgin Mary. :)

It is a very family oriented faith and fake happens in all faiths.

We have family friends who are Mormons, they do this work in the temple for anyone who requests it. They believe that in order to get into heaven you will have to be Mormon. This allows for the deceased person to then accept the Mormon faith and be admitted to heaven, regardless of their faith before death.

Our friends asked if they could do this for my Father after he passed away. We granted them permission as either they are wrong or he is now a Mormon. ;)

17. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Maybe.

18. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I overlooked this question earlier.

They believe there is great power in wearing a variety of Christian symbols at all times, but they don't want to wear them where they can be seen, thinking that might seem too pretentious, or dramatic, or like they were being attention whores. So they have a bunch of symbols embroidered in white thread on their white underwear. The symbols are small and simple, so if you walked past somebody folding a pair of briefs in a laundromat, you might not notice anything different.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I always wondered what the underwear thing was about. I remember hearing people refer to Mitt Romney's magic underwear but I never really knew what they meant.

20. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

"Mormons believe that the holy garment will protect them from fire, bullets, knives and other assaults if the person wearing the garments have kept all of their "temple covenants"." lol Fuckin loons.

Here's a page that explains the underwear:
    http://www.mormoncurtain.com/topic_garments_section1.html

[​IMG]