Are there any Mormons on HF?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Piaf, Jun 2, 2013.

1. roamy

roamy Senior Member

did you know they don't allow kids ta have blood transfusions if their dying piaf ?that sucks!

2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Oh really? I know that Jehovas witnesses don't allow it.
    It's pretty fucked up.
    I have a friend who's also a medical student and a JW. To listen to her reasons for not allowing blood transfusions is painful.

3. acuarela

acuarela Member

I think they're genuinely nice, even if they wanted to get me baptized.

They didn't drill John because he's already baptized (as a Catholic, not a Mormon), but I'm a lost soul, if anything they were trying to save me from hell or limbo or wherever unbaptized people go to. They said a few things I didn't like, but I can't recall now.

I think Nick and Laety were there the night before and we were all hungover and concerned that the Mormons were coming the next day. They had left by the time they came, it would have certainly been interesting to see what Nick would have said to the Mormons. It was two Mormom guys in suits and I remember one of them spoke Spanish. I think he said his parents were from Argentina, this was many years ago. I think Sophia was only 4-6 month old.

4. roamy

roamy Senior Member

sorry piaf my mistake. mormons do allow blood. jehovas that don't.their ok with it if blood is an organ,like tissue transplant.but no blood transfusions.

5. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

any klingons on hf?

[​IMG]

6. roamy

roamy Senior Member

it must be for you.

7. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

LOL @ Mormons.

They're the perfect example of this quote, which I coined for religitards:
    "Consider how ridiculous other religions are, from your perspective, then apply the same consideration to your own religion, and you will understand why I'm an atheist".

8. Glasshopper

Glasshopper Struggling for sanity

They have their magic underwear to protect them from the heat.

9. Glasshopper

Glasshopper Struggling for sanity

I love to invite them in, offer them a cold drink of lemonade and when they begin play show me I tell them if you get to show me yours then I get to show you mine.

I listen patiently then I show them the book of the church of the subgenius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt9MP70ODNw"]SubGenius Commercial - YouTube

10. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

Why do you ask ?

11. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I want to talk to them. I am curious.

12. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

This might be helpful to you.

http://mormon.org/chat

13. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

14. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

There is a strict Red Letter Southern Baptist church in northwest California that has a very mixed race congregation and at least once a year the pastor preached a sermon about how racist that he had been born and raised he had awoken in a foxhole with a six foot medic black as sin transfusing blood from his vein to the pastor's....blood tells....

15. EL Tuna

EL Tuna Member

I live near Nauvoo Illinois which is the 'mecca' for the mormans. Pretty much the whole town along with another town that's a replica of the old. They have a huge pageant every year there as well. Right on the Mississippi river.

I have also been to Utah many times rock crawling and the mormans here or there are always cool. The only thing I hate about them is, They ALWAYS sit and tell me 'you're going to get hurt', Or if you have to go to the hospital they sit and console you like your going to give up your sport.

If it wasn't for the badgering they would be 100% cool with me. But I don't need some dipshit telling me what I did wrong when they don't have a fuckin clue what I WAS doing. Just their way I guess, Or a certain number as I know not all are like that.

16. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

That's a beautiful story:)

17. magic_rocks

magic_rocks ٱللهِ ٱلرّ

I only did it to pretend I was interested in their religion in order to get a free copy of their book, which I did (and they were almost reluctant to give it to me.. you believe that?). I figured that I could go buy a copy at a book store for $15 or $20, but was concerned that it might be edited or distorted or something, lol. That if I got it straight from the people representing it then it should be perfectly original. I still have it, and never managed to finish it, I only got about 100 pages in before I lost interest.

And yes it is true, I had been drinking when I invited them, and also had been drinking the morning they arrived. I wasn't drunk, this was when I used to drink 24/7 so it only made me more sociable and energetic. I made them lunch which they at first were hesitant to eat, which could have been disrespectful, but within seconds they accepted it and ate it, which I appreciated. In a sense I don't blame them, I don't trust any Americans either, but at the same time, I was genuinely interested to hold a philosophical and spiritual discussion with them which I could not do if I had poisoned them. I don't remember all that I said, but once I managed to secure my opportunity to get the book, I started saying something about DMT and mushrooms, and how you can meet God in the flesh right now, if you want to, and they were surprisingly very tolerant and patiently listened to me (although I have no doubt that they were thinking that I was an agent of the devil by that point).

18. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Now that I have read about it, it increased my loyalty to the Catholic Church.

19. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Haha :-D

[​IMG]

20. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Cool, posting a joke that nobody here will get.