Are there any alternative healing communities. Depression/Exhaustion seeking healing

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Wildflowerhiker, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Wildflowerhiker

Wildflowerhiker Members

I don't know what to do or where to turn. I feel at disparity often due to not having an option. I used to want to create a place called "option hope" for people that was run more like a hostel or organic farm commune for those in times of breakdown or distress. Now I could not imagine such a venture from what only myself has endured. I am tired and on the brink of exhaustion. Mainstream solutions and treatment were either too remedial for my mind that thrived in creative settings and not clinical. The drugs all just made me feel worse other than some relief from the ever dreaded benzo or hopeful relief. The forced hospitalizations when I was at my worst after having a breakdown after a series of truly major traumatic events traumatized me equally and were not helpful for myself. I just needed a safe landing somewhere and creative beings around me that even possibly were not doing so well themselves in hope for something better. The only options I found online that were alternative were outside of my price range for that huge allotment of money to be permitted out with permission of my now court appointed conservator. This has made my life headache. Otherwise I would be on the road and exploring as I always did over my life. I was a traveler. Living in everything from a camper van to backpacking the west. Now I am not able to drive legally and stuck with a guardian temporarily and I have to get everything authorized. This has caused alot of the depression and frustration due to if the funds and freedom were in my hands I would be more competent with my healing. I need to find a place or community to live in while I heal. I have the funds to pay rent even. I just do not think the community exists for some reason and I am left to wonder why other than legalities and I find myself very tired in my search.

2. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Ya , go off hitch-hiking . I'll give you ride and you can go free , maybe you just stay travelling with me . Last
    person I met distance-travelling free was walking from Boston to Oregon . He had stopped here to let me help
    him repair his push-cart . I was his One . That's how truth gets along .

3. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

Sorry that you're going through this @Wildflowerhiker

For affordable treatment, you might try searching for community acupuncture clinics in your area. If you're in the US or Canada, www.POCAcoop.com has a list of POCA-affiliated community clinics, though there are plenty of independent community clinics out there. Treatments are usually $15-$25.

Teaching clinics can be as good or better, and some are even free, or offer discounts. They also usually offer Chinese herbal medicine. Unfortunately, many teaching clinics and their associated acupuncture schools are closed because of Covid.

This link has some more info on treatment methods
    Treating Depression and Anxiety

I need to update the link, but you may find something helpful there

In principle, there may be some kind of inpatient treatment facility in China or elsewhere in Asia that might be affordable.

I hope something can help

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  4. loveslovely

loveslovely Members

i been havin depression and anxiety since i was younger and i didnt realize i had it till i went a therapist depression is so hard to deal with its a dark place i wouldnt go back too the everybody has ways of dealing with it i deal with it by music going to see a therapist and support from my friends and my mom i have my days when im overwhelm with everything i take a deep breath stop what im doing and turn music on or call my mom or friends its calms me down it may not work with everybody i pray everything works out best wishes to you ❤❤

5. Wildflowerhiker

Wildflowerhiker Members

Thank you both for the replies and the kindness. I have been doing a little bit better. I have tried acupuncture in the past and it was helpful to me and I know I need to get back into some kind of healing like this again. Music is also very helpful. Sometimes I will put on meditative and try to do self healings and just rest and that seems to help as well. I wish there were more healing communities out there for people dealing with depression that were not so mainstream.

After living on the road and a somewhat unconventional lifestyle I found traditional healing methods and therapies not really helpful for me. I just desired to be off grid or in a group of people going through similar issues and working creatively somehow. Basically a communal living situation for the free spirits, creatives or the "mad ones" that were trying to shift things in a new a way yet understood the depression of it all or a breakdown.

loveslovely and scratcho like this.
  6. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

You're welcome! :)
    In particular, you may want to try doing an acupressure self-massage

Acupressure Self-Massage For Treating Depression And Insomnia