Are the Democrats back on track?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

but you're ok with how the repugs have fucked up the country?
    example #1 Wisconsin
    example $2 North Carolina
    example #3 Michigan

scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  2. My problem is running a candidate who is going to repeal the 2nd amendment. That is a losing proposition.

3. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

OK...I have posted her name before...more than once. MeAgain posted her name at least once. Her name is Rosa Maria Ortega and she voted for Trump illegally. The latest article that I read indicates she is a permanent resident, meaning she has a Green Card. That does not allow her to vote in America. This is the FOURTH case of voter fraud. In all four cases the fraud was a vote for Trump. Trump claimed millions of illegals voted for Clinton. That was a line of shit. Trump spent millions of taxpayer dollars trying to prove voter fraud by illegals and came up with nothing...not one single case of fraud where an undocumented person voted for the Democrats. In all cases the fraud vote went to Republicans. You say Daniels owes Trump? No, that is an illusion in your mind. There is no court judgment against Stormy Daniels. In a law suit in America, Stormy Daniels can COUNTER SUE and go over the entire issue again. As for Avenatti, I liked him before public information came out about abusive behavior with a woman. Now I am going to look at the entire field of Democrat candidates before I vote. I want you to know that I'll not vote for a Republican, not even for the post of county dog catcher.

4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Is Chuck Schumer the "new" minority leader in the Senate? Insanity: repeating the same actions and expecting different results.

5. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Fact.

6. stormountainman

Good point, but I think public opinion has changed in the last couple of years after the crazy mass shootings. In Vegas that guy shot and wounded over 600 people at a concert, and killed 58. In California a crazy PTSD Marine shot people in a bar. In Pittsburg a nut job shot worshipers in a sacred building. I would say enough public opinion will shift the votes during the next few elections. When I was young I used to hunt Turkeys, Blue Grouse, pheasant, Deer, Antelope, Elk, etc. Now I see no reason for it, and can go to the grocery store for what I need. That leaves room for one who objects to say, "hunting game is for sport, not for need." Well, I say that shifts the objection to the field of morality. Hunting for sport is killing for fun. I can not agree with such behavior. Doctor Rolston Holms PHD wrote a book titled "Environmental Ethics" and it covers the area of hunting and killing for vanity. The vanity he speaks about is like when some hunter kills for the trophy, or to acquire exotic leather for handbags, shoes, belts, wallets, computer cover, etc. We as an advanced people need to ask our selves the consequences which pertain to our decisions. Today lots of young people spend a lot of time looking at their computer screen. Fifty years ago my generation spent a lot of time looking into our own souls.

7. stormountainman

If you want an example of insanity, listen to Hannity!

gentlesenior, scratcho and Flagme15 like this.
  8. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

read my lips, it ain't going to happen.

9. stormountainman

At this point it will take a constitutional convention with 34 states voting to repeal the 2nd. It's a long haul but can be done.

10. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

You either are missing the point purposely or stupidly. She voted illegally. That's the first point. She voted for Republicans. That's the second point. She was prosecuted by the Republican judicial system.
    So this proves that
    A) Trump was right there are illegals voting. We do not yet know how many and who they voted for.
    B) At least one illegal alien felt strongly enough in their support of Republicans to illegally vote for them more than once in her particular case. I'm pretty sure the left can't comprehend the idea that an illegal might vote for the other team. That's not the free America they intended for their efforts to get those illegals here in the first.
    C) It shows that at least in Republican Texas, they arent going to sweep it under the rug if illegal voting is found.
    Now if we could get the Dems to do the same, we might get to see just how much of a problem it is.
    D) You put too much faith in your fellow Democrats version of facts they provide you.

Stormy can appeal if she likes. But it won't be with Avenatti as she fired him. Appeals cost a lot more money than the lower courts that ruled in the first place. And a much better attorney to win it. So good luck with that.

Maybe she can take it all the way to the Supreme Court and let Kavenaugh rule on it.

And yes I completely know you will vote for anything Democrap and nothing Republican. That's fairly obvious. So just vote. It's really the only smart thing you can do. Because hanging your hopes on scumbag attorneys being the magic bullet that will somehow take down Trump doesn't seem to hold out much hope. Like it or not Trump isn't as stupid as you hope he is.

Mueller might be able to if his investigation bears fruit. But I doubt the Democraps have what it takes from what I've seen.

11. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Or doing away with ICE.

Did CNN or MSNBC even run the story about the MS 13 gang member they caught in the caravan?

12. stormountainman

Maybe she voted because she was paid by Republicans to vote for Republicans just like all them people who stand with signs and t-shirts which display support for that buffoon. Trump wasn't right there. She was caught pursuant a Democratic investigation. Republicans were embarrassed as all git out and had to convict. I listen to Democrats because I think Republicans are criminals. Stormy and Avenatti are still together as lawyer and client. You should listen to NPR.

13. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Individual 1. His whole crooked life is coming to a country near you. Film at eleven. This is getting real good and the prick and his minions are going to --------PRISON!! And after everything--all the lies, all the bragging, exhibiting the behavior of a 10 year old, screwing up relations that had been arranged over the decades, admitting the pussy grabbing, crooked business schemes-----some people STILL--STUPIDLY SUPPORT THE SON OF A BITCH!!! You people ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

stormountainman likes this.
  14. scratcho

By the way , Stormy---come May 3rd, it'll be 80 for me. Yikes! Went fast.

15. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I would imagine that Ivanka will be real popular in prison, men's or women's

scratcho likes this.
  16. It's a private country club, we don't get what WE want no matter how we vote. We get what they want to give us and nothing more. Pelosi has decades of connections in DC that a newer candidate simply doesn't have. Incumbents only lose when they fail personally or when they rest on their laurels and don't campaign adequately (as was the case with Hillary, Romney, Cantor and Crowley).

It was amusing to watch so many up and coming younger democrats toy with the idea of bumping Nancy. Especially the way she let it go on for so long, letting the fever build. Then the put her foot down, on their necks. Just look at how she sent Fudge packing. Face it, grandma Nan is not someone to be trifled with.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  17. This is key to the problem, too many people thinking that Trump is "stupid" after sending BOTH parties to the cleaners so handily. What he does show is far more optimism that I think anyone should in Washington. It's a town built on double-dealing, back stabbing and political enemas. Obama caught his share of the strife (though it was all blamed on racism instead of cheap political stunts).

18. stormountainman

God Bless! I love you Brother!

scratcho likes this.
  19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No doubt

I can imagine some bull dyke becoming very attached and very protective of Ivanka who she nicknames “My Pillow”

Flagme15 likes this.
  20. scratcho

Well, IMO anyone that has lied over 6000 times and is STILL lying--is STUPID. Who responds to anyone even hinting that something is off with him --and responds like a fifth grader--is stupid. But --hopefully this too shall pass and the country will survive somewhat intact. Remembering when he pushed the ambassador from some country out of his way, got that superior look on his face with his nose in the air like Benito Mussolini---damn what an idiot. He's numb from the neck up. (at least). People must feel very weak in their own lives to follow a nothing like trump.