Are the Democrats back on track?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Jun 27, 2018.

1. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

And they fired all the scientists who had real college degrees.

2. stormountainman

You seem to forget Trump said Obama was born in Kenya and went to a Muslim Madrasa in Indonesia before he started following Bill Aires who worshiped Marx and was a secret member of a secret society which planned to invade America and take away all the guns from all the decent white Christian men who enjoy killing blacks and Muslims and Mexicans but will tolerate some who are willing to work at Taco Bell for $8 per hour just to serve these very same white guys who Obama dislikes so much..

3. stormountainman

Be careful Okie. I love you but sometimes what you write is too heavy for a simple Republican to understand. Try including a photo of Trump next time, with all his glorious fake blond hair flowing in the wind like that of Lady Liberty, maybe with a strand of toilet tissue attached to his wing tips. Republicans like illustrations.

scratcho and Okiefreak like this.
  4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Thanks for that!

stormountainman likes this.
  5. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

If Newsweek is right, I'll admit to being surprised. It's possible I'll be wrong for 20% of that post.

I haven't found a second source that states he was a Rep., but I did see that he had a very stellar record as a slimeballs all before the claim he converted to A Rep in 17. Maybe he saw that Trump was the better place to be a slimeball. Lord knows he won't be alone.

6. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

There are too may 'kids fighting on the playground' type arguments flying around in here. "This Democrat guy did this." "Well this Republican guy did this!" Etc., etc. What are we supposed to do, add up the ethical infractions as if they were points and whoever has the least points wins? The political ideology of an unbalanced person is not automatically a reflection of the political party in question; I think we all realize this when calmly considered. I mean, Charles Manson spoke of the Beatles as "the soul" and "part of 'the hole in the infinite'"; he was obsessed with them. That doesn't mean Paul McCartney is an asshole or anything. We have to remember that Manson was nuts and his opinions do not matter. Same is true in politics; there are plenty of crazies to go around. Fuck 'em.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You're far too reasonable, dice

8. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Couldn't have said it better myself

9. lode

lode Banned

I agree with Tubling Dice that a party shouldn't be held accountable for a few nuts.

But a second source if that helps clear things up.

William Clyde Allen from Logan, Utah | VoterRecords.com

stormountainman and Okiefreak like this.
  10. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Not really. Newsweek stated he was Dem until 2017, then he switched.

Your source shows a 2004 registration.

Hard to know which source is the more inaccurate one. But as stated if he was in fact Rep, I'll admit to being wrong in 20% of the response I made in my post.

Next they will attempt to convince me that Kathy Griffith and the softball shooter we're also Republicans.

And that Democrats love and support immigrants coming here illegally.

Nevermind what the last 2 Dem administration's told us, this is the new Dem party now. Trump hates them, we must love them.

11. lode

lode Banned

Voter registration date is the date he registered to vote, not party specific affiliation.

You can change your party affiliation on the Utah Secretary Of States website. This will not affect your voter registration date.

Welcome | Utah Voter Registration

12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I'm concerned about the accountability factor. If no one is keeping track the facts slip through the cracks. Feels like they do that anyway actually!

13. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Or short term history recall. It isn't like the nutcases are just now showing up and are all Republicans. The media seems to decide what needs to be remembered more than the actual facts that may have also taken place that isn't part of the story they want you to remember.

Misreporting in more common now than it ever was not that long ago. The internet has made the media world more like tabloid TV or the National Enquirer.

A good recent example is CNN stating that White Men in America are the biggest terrorist threat in the country.

CNN’s Don Lemon doesn’t apologize for calling white men ‘biggest terror threat’

And using stats that are in fact true, for the results they need to show. I'm sure the Dems eat it up with a spoon going after a banana split. Its WHAT THEY NEED TO HEAR to keep tuning in to hear more.

They however leave out the national crime statistics, the deaths occurring in Chicago every day after day, St Louis etc.

And they forget to point out that they arrested Muslims out in the desert training kids to grow up to be school bombers. Which likely could have resulted in much more death tolls then white kids with guns ever did. Lets ignore those facts.

So yeah its the message they send that determines what they want you to hear.

Don Lemon/CNN is trying to redefine terrorism to suit his agenda. Words matter as they try to tell Trump.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  14. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

The only thing Kathy Gifford did wrong was apologize.

15. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Case and point made.

The only reason she apologized was to try and save her ass when it caught fire from it.

So don't be shocked if Bombers, shooters, etc don't apologize either. If you champion their efforts, they will continue to escalate. Maybe the next bomber won't be so stupid and people will get killed. No apologies needed then either.

16. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I don't champion the efforts of murderers and psychos, no. Nor am I surprised when murderers and psychos don't apologize.

I don't see their connection with Kathy Gifford, however. Or what "case and point" was made. Perhaps just say what it is you're trying to say, rather than this toothless bush beating you insist on.

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

All he did was tell the truth. Right wing terrorists have killed more people in the US than any other group. Fact.

Why do the same people who champion truth telling and freedom of speech when it comes to things like Islamic terrorism get offended when someone tells the truth about right wing terrorism? I find that interesting and telling

18. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

You think maybe...
    It's because... Deep, down inside they're just very frightened little children?

Maybe that's why they tell lies like children.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

^yeah seems pretty accurate

20. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    WritersPanic likes this.