Are tattoo artists Always assholes?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by RainyDayHype, Jun 29, 2013.

1. kurona

kurona Member

I think mine was nice, he let me watch a movie at his place while he did my arm. it was fun actually and he was really nice and sweet

2. pipgirl

pipgirl Member

Mine was very nice. Even though he is a really amazing artist (i've seen what pieces of art he has done), and I got sth really simple, he was very nice and respectful.

Also he didn't want me to pay for it, because my cousin gave him a big tip for his tattoo (2 weeks earlier). I had to insist. You just have to find a nice one.

3. maroonballoon

maroonballoon Guest

I just think that's an unfortunate stereotype. The guy who did my tattoo was the nicest guy in the world; really down-to-earth too. He was personable too and asked me questions and seemed genuinely interested in my responses. Not all tattoo artists are rude. Not all of anybody is any certain thing...

4. crazy4cock

crazy4cock Member

My tattoo artist is amazing. He's done 7 of my 8 tattoos. I've been going to him for 15 years. He's kind of quiet but he does an AMAZING job. I trust him with what he says to me. He knows how to tattoo so I take his advice. If something isn't going to work he will tell me and give me other options. There was one tattoo that I designed for my mom. I got it on the 10th anniversary of her death, literally to the minute. He wanted to change it a bit but I didn't like the way he did it. I asked him if he wanted to change it because he didn't like it or because it was going to look like crap. He told me he wanted it to look less simple. Simple was what I was going for so he did it the way I wanted. That was 9 years ago and I'm still in love with it.

Imagine all of the idiots they deal with on a daily basis though. You know they have to deal with those 18 year old girls that want a flower on their ankle to just look cool. All the people that can't take the pain and move around while they are working. I understand how it would get annoying after a while. My advice is to find someone that you like and stick with them. Build a relationship with them so you know that you can trust their advice and that they won't steer you wrong. When you see someone that has really good work, ask them who they go to. For me its more about the finished product than it is about the warm fuzzy feelings I get from the artist. The artwork is what you live with for the rest of your life.