Are tattoo artists Always assholes?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by RainyDayHype, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

In tribal times every mark on your body was significant and told a story of your journey.

Perhaps we are not tribal any more ?

2. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Lemme go check.

Nope.

3. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Lol. I don't even know what to say to this anymore.

4. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

"Perhaps we are not tribal any more ?"

The what are we?

5. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

Modern sociologists say we are witnessed by our behavior .

6. RenmenTout

RenmenTout Member

The people who have done my ink have always been really chill with me. Funny and nice.. never had an asshole one. I guess I have be lucky.

7. noela

noela Members

I think every tattoo artist has a certain stigma for sure. They don't judge you right away like most people think. However, imagine the amount of people that come in on a daily basis and say,

"Ammg, I want a tattoo!! I don't know what though!"
    or
    "Can you do tattoo this? Like exactly this?"

People need to realize that they are ARTISTS. They have their own personal unique style, so when they chose that artist hopefully they are aware of the style that will be inked on them. If they are looking for a specific style, they should browse around.

For the most part I think tattoo artists are flat out the nicest people ever. Plenty of them are my friends, but I must admit too few of them at first I thought were kind of assholes too. They warm up if you're chill. If you're a fake annoying person, they'll hate you. :2thumbsup:

8. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

Well I know many people who only get tattoos that have a symbolic meaning to them or tells a story about their life.

9. noela

noela Members

All of mine are very important. As a singer, having a 50s microphone on your forearm is almost like a selling symbol for you. It's awesome. Not everyone is like your friends though unfortunately.

10. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

How did you know I was a singer? ( although I wouldn't want to pursue it professionally, as I enjoy my privacy, I would love to participate in Broadway productions at the local theater)

11. noela

noela Members

Ohhh!!:)
    I was saying that I am actually a singer and that's why I have my microphone. That's awesome though... I wish you all the best :)

12. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

Yeah I think I will have quite the biography by the time I am dead what with me pursuing a career in the airforce, wanting to own a small farm, be a tattoo artist/artist, and a writer lol

13. noela

noela Members

Go for it!!! Burn every bridge. Do the airforce first, then come back all tough and tattoo a bit for your pals from the force... then settle down with your earnings and buy a farm and write for the rest of your days. You can do it! :sunny:

14. Insignia

Insignia Member

My daughter is a tatoo artist, lives on the Island of Crete now, lives a great life...

15. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

I see a lot of work close hand at the hospital where i work.
    Very close.
    I see one decent tat about every two years.

Tattoo is an art not a job .

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It is both, and apparently for some it's closer to a job than art wether we like it or not :p

17. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

We tamper with and place marks on another person's body, it is a position of trust , you must show deep respect like people did many years ago.
    Tribal society would not permit people to mark your body badly.

18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You're talking about the ideal. Reality is otherwise. Of course some are in it for the things you mentioned, so I guess just be selective as a customer and it's all good.

19. Paulwenz

Paulwenz Banned

There is nothing more satisfying to look at than a tattoo done by a craftsman, a thing of beauty.

Most set very low standards.

20. Sunshine1603

Sunshine1603 Member

My first ever tattoo artist was an absolute idiot. I was getting a massive tattoo on my side and he felt the need to make extremely inappropriate comments about my body the entire time. Second tattoo artist; better but a very awkward chap. My new tattoo artist - amazing. She listens, makes suggestions and loves to talk!