Are strippers strippers because...

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by moonlightdelerium, Apr 9, 2007.

1. jamaican_youth

jamaican_youth Senior Member

Most strippers I know don't do drugs.

2. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

were you joking? because what you said was pretty ignorant. strippers make good money. a good deal of them are stripper to get themselves through college 'n stuff like that. granted, probably a higher percentage of strippers do drugs than folks in other jobs, but that's probably just a side product of it being a job that's considered too trashy to do by a lot of "normal" folks.

3. jamaican_youth

jamaican_youth Senior Member

I'm going to the strippers tonight, I'll see if I can pick one up.

4. mad_hatter1985

mad_hatter1985 Member

Thank you. I was hoping someone who works in the industry would post. Alot of places don't deal with messed up girls. Not good for buisseness. Of course theres some "bad apples" Most are there because it's good money. My g/f has been dancing for 5 yrs. now. She doesn't work where she lives , uses an alias name. I bring and pick her up every night.
    I trust everything she does. There are some weird guys who go to these clubs. Thats where alot of the "stories" come from. A fool and his money have parted. Drugs are at the real sleazie places I'm sure. I'm sure the local food store has there Drugs also. So come on, Let these girls make a living.

5. Greengirl

Greengirl Senior Member

i don`t think every stripper does heroin or any drug at all.

6. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet Not even close.

There are strip clubs where most of the girls are into drugs. There are other clubs where prostitution is tolerated, and commonplace. Other clubs are run very clean, and completely legal. The new girls quickly learn the reputations of the local clubs, and go where they will fit in. If you only go to one club, you are going to get a distorted impression of what they are like.

There are also regional variations. Dancers in NC know that they can get away with more around Myrtle Beach, SC, if that's what they want.

7. i0-techno

i0-techno The Magnificent Dope

now that is a total toilet whine

8. Bonkai

Bonkai Later guys

I don't think it would be accurate to assume all strippers partake in drug use.

9. zencoyote

zencoyote Member

Just for edification's sake...
    There's a difference between classic strippers and exotic dancers. Both are art forms but actually quite different. Stripping is a slow seductive dance and peel. If done well it's theatre and erotica. Exotic dancing involves very little stripping and lots of in your face (well, nearly sometimes. No toucha da goils!) sexuality. IMHO a good dancer blends sexuality with real dance not just schwinging around the pole...

... I was married to a dancer for 8 years and have known many dancers. They come from all walks of life and are going in varied directions. Whether a woman with a master's degree or one shooting cocaine there's a common thread. A beautiful form, a sense of rhythm, coming to terms with exhibitionism and the smarts to realize it's REALLY good money.

Drugs?? I'd say the majority. Not necessarily a large majority but the type of clubs where the dancers work full time and exclusively for are not the majority of dancing establishments. i.e. Gentlemen's Clubs vs. Titty bars.
    Many dancers work through agents who book them at different clubs. Many agents couldn't care less what dancers do as long as they show up on time and can dance.
    My ex danced in a 4 state area and the places she danced at ran the gamut from very swank clubs to Mom and Pop joints to biker bars. Almost all places were very protective of the dancers and incidents were rare. What might seem odd is that most problems involving patrons/dancers were drunken college kids not bikers as some might think.
    But I digress...

...drugs...Vast majority of dancers drink. Most smoke weed. Then there are those doing meth and coke...a minority, mostly those who work at the biker bars or those who hook themselves out. Heroin and crack are rare. Makes ya look terrible too fast. Bikers hate heroin and crack...another factor.

That's all I know...(((shrug)))

Zen

10. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

never heard there was a difference between titty bars and gentlemen's clubs & strippers and exotic dancers before

11. blisskiss

blisskiss Member

I've worked it (now I'm too old, lol). My last job was just cocktail waitressing in lingerie, my stripping days are over. I keep my nakedness to online business.

My take on it is this: the money is wonderful and it's cash in hand. It's instant gratification. There is no waiting 2 weeks for a paycheck. I'd make enough $ to pay my mortgage on a really good night and that's what I did with it. Why? Because I had responsibilities and that's were my money needed to go. A younger woman, without a family and maybe without direction might spend her big wad of cash on something different...possibly heroin.

Don't get me wrong, when I was younger I didspend that money on drugs but I didn't have anything else going on. No kids, no husband, no college to pay for, just a guitar playing loser boyfriend and a ratty apartment. It never occured to me to spend the doe on a better apartment, it only occured to me to snort that shit up! And frankly, at the time, I could've cared less.

So, yes, when you're leaving the club at 3 AM with a wallet full of hundred bills in your purse, the possiblities of where that money could go before you actually make it home are endless.

12. Hippie McRaver

Hippie McRaver Senior Member

Strippers are pathetic losers who contribute nothing to society. It pisses me off how people think that the women are being taken advantage of, BULLSHIT, the women are taking advantage of the lonely men in the crowd.

they are hustlers and losers who deserve to be rounded up and forced to do something productive.

13. DazedGypsy

DazedGypsy fire

Some do it because they love dancing, some for the money, some for the attention, some for the flexibility and control of their time and effort, some for all of the above and more. You'd all be surprised at why strippers do what they do.

also, with regards to drugs.. most that I've met and talked to are clean and not interested in fucking up their career. A lot of them take their work very seriously.

14. StraightToes

StraightToes N/A

I've only known two strippers on a personal basis. The first was when I was in grad school at Purdue. The woman was a student at Indiana University (Bloomington, IN). She and a few friends came to West Lafayette, IN for the summer to dance/strip at the "OK Corral" (don't know if it's still there, this occurred in the mid 80's). I met her by the pool where I lived (a tan is an asset) in a month-to-month rental complex (perfect for me - grad students never know for sure when they'll finish), and several times thereafter. She was clean, attractive, and seemed very open, honest, and intelligent. She didn't have great clothes and drove a dumpy car. I sincerely believe she saw stripping as a way to make decent money during the summer to help make it through the school year. From time-to-time I've wondered if she made it to graduation.

The other stripper I knew was the wife of a friend of a friend. I met her at a party. She had stripped many years ago and was early to mid 50's when I met her. She didn't try to hide her past, and was happily married with kids.

Just my 2-cents worth!

15. blisskiss

blisskiss Member

Nobody has ever forced a lonely man to go to a strip club. They go knowing they are paying to see women strip. That is the way it works. If they don't want to give their money away for nothing in return except a little entertainment then they should go to the library or a free museum to meet women. Get over it.

16. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Is that what you did after you were done in the toilet?

17. [BDM]Starscream

[BDM]Starscream Member

I wish I could shake my wiener around for money...

18. zencoyote

zencoyote Member

If you look good and can dance, you can. Great money and lots of fun.
    One caution...beware of women grabbing your crotch, especially the older ladies. Fuckers can squeeze a little hard and it's just not worth a $20 tip!!!

Yea, I was a dancer once!!!!

Zen

19. ghost5445

ghost5445 Member

I love strippers

20. Micha

Micha Now available in Verdana!

hahah!