Are strippers strippers because...

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by moonlightdelerium, Apr 9, 2007.

1. moonlightdelerium

moonlightdelerium Senior Member

they do drugs? Or do they do drugs because they are strippers?

Chicken or Egg kind of thing, I thought of it on the toilet yesterday.

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

If strippers are strippers because they do drugs, then that means that practically every female on this website is a stripper, which means that a stripping competition is way past due.

3. moonlightdelerium

I mean CrAzY drugs!!! Like heroin.

4. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

strippers are strippers because they strip
    cyclical logic rules

5. moonlightdelerium

Well, that, I suppose, puts an abrupt end to my question.

6. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Right, but that sorta answers and defies the question at the same time. That's just a given.

How did they originate in such stripping? Did they just decide to go "hey.. I think I'll take some of my clothes off and do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight..." or did they go "hey.. I think I will stick this in my arm/up my nose... and then think of a way to keep sticking this in my arm/up my nose"

7. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I don't think stripping has much or at all to do with drugs really. Stripping is basically just another form of dancing, you just happen to get rid of your clothes while you're at it. A lot of women probably see it as a power trip more than anything.. But then I dunno, I'm not a stripper. :tongue: Anyway...
    Prostitution and drugs are a lot more closely related, but stripping isn't same as prostitution. I can't imagine a junkie making a very attractive stripper...

8. Orsino2

Yeah, but strippers in Europe seem to be in a different position becuase that is just accepted there, liberally... as art, it seems. People here seem to do it with a little less glory. Not that all of them here are like that, but it's just what I've seen--a lot of the big city ones are.

In fact, the girl who robbed that bank in Atlanta, last month, was both a stripper and confessed to dealing, as well as having several hits of E on her...

It's not that I'm trying to put strippers down, but you know, I know an observation when I see one. It's what gives the whole deal a bad rep and it's what keeps people who have a pseudo-religious political agenda (think a lot of the loyal Bushies... not all of them, but a lot of them) against the whole thing, because metaphorically, they don't understand how to correct things after diagnosing a problem, rather than just yelling/pointing really hard at it, or they get ahead of themselves... from what I've seen. Same problem was going on with our country's congress-- the Hollywood theatrics, but I think the majority of the media has shown that they at least a few of the Democrats (ie: madame speaker) have some valid points and the ultimate capicity to go tell everyone else when enough is enough, if the media badgers everyone enough about it.

Unfortunately, I just feel, in some sense, all of our leaders, as a whole, would most likely not know what triangulation was if it jumped up and bit them in the ass. :D

9. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

thats why i called it cyclical logic :rolleyes:

10. Orsino2

Besides the point, it's a given... that's not what I was looking for.

11. moonlightdelerium

The strippers here certainly don't do it as an art form... ugh, just thinking about strippers here... I need to take a bath. Yuk.

12. Orsino2

I do too though, quite literally... I sorta feel like it, but I know I'm just going to have to take another one in the morning since I have another job interview.

13. spooner

spooner is done.

I can count the number of strip clubs I've been kicked out of on one hand.

14. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

I'm sure you're missing a few variables in that equation

15. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

really? tsk tsk..i mean surely you can do better than that
    only one hand? ... come now....

strippers make good money, i have some friends that have in the past and want in the future to strip
    i think it'd be fun to be a bartender in a strip club :D

16. _chris_

_chris_ Marxist

Ever consider its to do with class?

17. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

The adult industry has alot of flaws in it =/ Fortunately at the place I'm at all the girls there (on day shift anyway of which I'm thankfully on) are doing this to either support their kids/family cuz thay can't really get anything else, and or pay bills. None of us are doing it for drug money, etc. Very clean reasons. But I'm not oblivious to the fact that being as it's such a high paying occupation (if you could call it that), that alot of girls will get into this for drugs, etc. At the place I'm at, if you even come to work high or drunk, you're automatically fired. I guess I'm fortunate to fall into a place where there's no bullshit tolerance :)

18. atla23

atla23 Member

who cares? strippers are fuckin awesome

19. agentslander

agentslander Member

Two of my friends are strippers for the money. They don't do drugs. They just love the money, so it doesn't have much to do with it.

20. _chris_

_chris_ Marxist

woah, old thread dragged up. But as my last post in it said, what, 2 years ago, its a class thing!