Are Right Wing Extremists Crashing Peaceful Protests?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jimbee68, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

If I hear a compelling argument, I might concede a point. But Mr. Dax, you, in my opinion haven't made one, and indeed have lately used most of your time complaining about how unfair we are. Provide us some valid arguments, backed by persuasive reasoning, and I might concede some points. So far, you've given us mostly raw opinion and whining.As I recall, I already responded to your statement that Trump was our greatest President at some length and detail. I also provided a reasoned response to your claim that police should not have to follow a standard of objective reasonableness when using deadly force. Show us yours.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
    scratcho and stormountainman like this.
  2. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

The remaining Trump voters are mostly white nationalist (racist bigots) and Christian Evangelicals (intolerant under educated) persons who suffer from Fox News naivete' and an acute inability to pay attention during conversations. Now that Trump has been exposed by Bob Woodward for the liar he is; and, now that Trump has insulted members of the armed forces, Mexican Americans, Muslim Americans, Ukrainian Americans, Chinese Americans, Black Americans, Civil Rights advocates, people who care about Earth and its environment, people who need health insurance, people who need to use the postal service, and people who need to live on their social security benefits, I expect Joe Biden and Kamala Harris to do rather well.

scratcho and Tishomingo like this.
  3. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

As a segue back to the topic, white racists in denial are prone to say "Some of my best friends are black." I can go better than that: Most of my best friends are Trump supporters. We got into a political "discussion" just last Thursday. One of them said that as long as these BLM riots are going on in Democrat-controlled cities around the country, Trump has a good chance of winning. He even bet money on it with the only other progressive in our circle. Only thing is, it's my impression that "BLM riots" aren't going on around the country. Except for Kenosho, briefly after the latest police shooting, they've fizzled elsewhere and the only remaining theater of action is Portland--6% African-American. The protests there now exceed 100 days and are usually declared "riots" when somebody sets a fire, which seems to be SOP nightly. As my wife asks, "Where do they get the time?" I previously advanced my theories as to why this is going on there (they've already qualified for the Guinness Book of World Records, so it couldn't be that). My MAGA-hatted betting friend suggests, a major beneficiary of this would be Trump, so pardon my suspicion that right-wingers may have a hand in prolonging it. But that's speculation. If my friend were there, he'd be rioting, cuz he has skin in the game. Does anybody have anything to add?

stormountainman likes this.
  4. mcme

mcme lurker

If the bubble you live in has an exit, consider spending a little time outside of it.

5. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

You should take logic 101, it might help you understand things and you might learn to conduct yourself like a grown up if you observe the mannerisms of the other students.

6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Why does the right wing not apply the "few bad apples lone wolf" argument to left wing protests?
    Why is the right to violence (the 2nd amendment) exclusive to the right? If you ask them only they have the moral fiber to use a right properly. They will open carry which means they are prepared to murder but a few broken windows is too far.

When we see a person who supports the left wing commit a crime like vandalizing a private business they do so because of left wing views and it represents the whole community they say. When a right wing person kills someone in a mass shooting or a right wing cop kills a black man just because they are an exception to the rule and the left wing is scolded for being too stupid to see that. They will point out all the good that comes from their community.

I don't suspect any right wing person here will look into all the good that is done. How the protesters police themselves and scold those who vandalize. How they help the sick and vulnerable and encourage peace. No one is really leading this whole thing. What they feel to be true will be true.

7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

More Democratic violence I suppose. But if the right wing thought some militia memebr said this I guarantee it would be all over their Facebook next to a black American flag.
    [​IMG]

8. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

People should be allowed to have thier say, demonstrating without interference from fellow citizens, period.

It puts too much stress on first responders & police who have to keep groups separated. Cops do not want vigilanties around.

Was horrified that a counter-protester sprayed mace on someone in Asbury Park, NJ. this spring. Please, its a rainbow town, if you do not approve, then stay away. There are other places for you to go.

I disapproved of the counter-protesters in Charlotteville for the same reasons. Lots of opinion supported the Charlotteville counter-protest then. Does anyone want to re-visit the issue?

9. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

There are counter-protests and then there are counter-protests. When numerous trucks and vehicles filled with Trump supporters drive through the main part of Portland shooting paint guns and spraying with pepper spray any demonsrators in their way, that seems to be crossing a line and inviting violence.

Piney likes this.