are my buds ruined?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Pests and Problems' started by dirty worms, Dec 30, 2004.

1. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

they have been in flower mode 2 1/2 months. i had to flush out the ferelizer a wile back cuz the plant was getting to much fert so flushed it out with water for three weeks but then i added it back after 3 weeks. i don't know what the strain is.i just got the seed from a bag of weed.

2. goldmund

goldmund Member

what fertilizer are you using now? what are the ratios?

3. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

i use botanicare power series hydroplex bio-stimulant bloob enhancer 0.5-4-10

4. goldmund

goldmund Member

how long have you been using this one?

5. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

6. goldmund

goldmund Member

sounds like a good mix. N ratio isn't too high. now im even more confused. there should be some info online somewhere. let us know what you find out!

7. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

my opinion is you need to bring air in and out at the same time, get another one of those fans- have one bring air in and one bring it out- you still need a curculation fan as well. this is equally important as lighting and nutes,.
    other than that you may have done irreperable damage by flushing too long after burning them, but im a soil guy so......
    good luck

8. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

well i thought that smiley and goldmund had it right until the last few posts. my new theory is that at one point you went toxic, too much N or whatever. when you do this, the osmosis reverses, your water sucks water out of the plant to achieve the correct balance. when you flushed it, your plants appeared to do better. i have gone toxic before, although never during flowering. i know that some plants can make it out of it, most cant. yours looks like that gray area in between. it started to make it out, slowly, but when you went back to fertilizing it, it reverted to its toxic state, slowly. just a guess. i think yo ushould cut it up, be very careful to remove all moldy spots, and enough bud around them too, and make you some hash oil, or some butter.

another guess would be that it is over ripe. its been years since ive grown, but 2 1/2 months of flowering seems a little long to me. thats close to 80 days. indoor hydro is supposed to be quicker than that, ongest flowering i ever heard of is 90 days, but thats outdoors, with a more tropical strain.

9. goldmund

goldmund Member

I think wayfarer is right. Chop it down, cut your losses, enjoy what you got, and learn from it next time. You should still do a quick check online to see exactly what this is, or try to find out from someone else.
    In terms of the readiness of the plant for harvest, I've always waited until somewhere between 1/3 and 2/3rds of the hairs change from white to redish orange. I was looking at your pic, at it looks like its close enough. cut that sucker down, save on your electric bill for next time!

10. WayfaringStranger

in all my time on these boards, thats gotta be the first time ive ever heard that. i must be losing my touch;)

11. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

it still looks good. it is still growing a lot of white hairs and still good green. heres a pic.[​IMG]

12. goldmund

goldmund Member

Dude, what are you doing? 2 1/2 mos? wayfarer is always wrong, never listen to him. You need to cut the bud at the top, or at least bend it down to where those other newbies are posted above. If that is how the majority of your plant looks, just keep with the schedule you're on, keep flushin' it, checkin' pH, and keep that undergrowth closer to the light.

13. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

need more info on If that is how the majority of your plant looks, just keep with the schedule you're on, keep flushin' it, checkin' pH, and keep that undergrowth closer to the light?
    so will my 2'd plant in that photo mabe have a chance to bud right and get biger if i grow it right. if so what do i need to give or do to it to make it a helthy plant.
    if it is allready in flower mode when do i put the fertalizer back in.

14. goldmund

goldmund Member

Flush it, use the fertalizer you're already using (according to the directions), and let those lower branches get close to the light (not too close!) You'll probably have a good chance of having a somewhat healthy harvest (you'll have to wait a bit longer), considering nothing else goes wrong.
    Then again, you might just chop it, or at least the top one, turn the lights back onto a vegi cycle, or get new clones, and start over. The problem with letting the lower branches fruit, is you won't get the huge yeilds. their nodes aren't close enough together.

15. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

Flush it, use the fertalizer you're already using (according to the directions), and let those lower branches get close to the light (not too close!) You'll probably have a good chance of having a somewhat healthy harvest (you'll have to wait a bit longer), considering nothing else goes wrong. you sead.

how long do i flush it out with water. how much fertalizer do i add after i flush out the fertalizer.
    both plants are in the same hydro system. should i pull on of them. cuz the one right looks kinda bad. dosent it look kinda bad to u or should i let it grow some more. or is there anything else i can do to the plant to get them healthyer and bigger?

here is a pic of both of them together. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. goldmund

goldmund Member

They look really spindly. What kind of lights are you using. How far away are your plants from the light? I think you do better to start over from clone stock, where you know the characteristics of the mother plant, times for maturation, etc. I know that you've spent some money on this hydro setup, but perhaps try a good soil mix next time. Make sure you use extra vermiculite/perilite and add your fertilizer to the water, not the soil.

17. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

ok but what if i take out the dry'd lookin out one will the other one might have a chance to finish buding if i work with it better with the right conditions cuz it looks like it might have a chance to get better to me. look at pic on my other thread with the 4 pic. click on them. the flowering hairs look like they have some chance and there are getting better than they did a week ago.

see i cant grow anymore cuz i am moveing in three to five months. if i take out the dry'd one an hung it out todry would it be smokeable?

18. WayfaringStranger

i dunno 2 1/2 mos. seems too long. the flowers that have already matured are going to decay by the time the new ones mature. leading to rot. if you were in soil i'd say stop fertilizing, but i guess you cant with hydro. i would agree with goldmund about me always being wrong though . . . and about trying some soil. you get a better flavor out of soil, and always grow organic, some of us are trying to save the world here. chemmy buds taste like kaka.

19. LuMpYtRiChOmEy

LuMpYtRiChOmEy Member

-What I sweep off my floor dont taste like "kaka".

20. b1v2w3

b1v2w3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

What you sweep off your floor tastes likes suger LuMpy. b1