are my buds ruined?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Pests and Problems' started by dirty worms, Dec 30, 2004.

1. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

[​IMG] how to fix this problem. dose anyone know?

2. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

that looks like a nice strain, describe to me what you think the problem is

3. dhs

dhs Senior Member

How much light are you using?

4. WayfaringStranger

ok im impatient and tired, htat seems to be the top of the plant, the cola, the plant gets confused up there and is not sure if it should shoot out more fan leaves, or bud leaves. youve never seen these leaves in your bag before. colas seldom see a bag. outdoors this is not a problem, as these would be fan leaves cus there is plenty of room. a wise indoor grower would trim these leaves completely off(at thier stem) like you would with bud leaves(not fan leaves) this gives the bud more room to shoot out more flowers and bud leaves(which you should also trim off) the curling and dead ends is normal as they are closest to the light, and the plant is no longer feeding them, it is feeding the flowers.

with proper pruning of bud leaves, you can triple your uield and havbe dense buds, i always leave at least one bud leaf at the bottom of the bud.

5. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

One should never remove a healthy leaf from a flowering plant for any reason.

6. WayfaringStranger

ive found that when you trim the two leaves that acompany the single flower, that a new flower, acompanied by two new leaves will come up at each leaf. this plant seems a lil late in the game for that technique, as the flowers wont mature at the same time. i go through em about once, maybe twice a week, then leave them alone the last couple of weeks.
    remember, youre growing indoors, and forcing flowers, two unnatural things, you need to compensate for that by wise prunning. if you ever grow apples or blue berries, you remove whole branches to get a larger yield.

7. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

what dose mean. as the flowers wont mature at the same time. i go through em about once, maybe twice a week, then leave them alone the last couple of weeks.

8. medicinalhydro2

medicinalhydro2 Member

Spider mites Bro. You can see the webbings in that pic.

9. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

my ass. where do you see spider mights bat? i see know webs at all anywere.

10. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

You have used way too much N/overferted and that is why the flowering is being delayed and fucked up. The high N levels make the plant want to keep vegging although you have it in flower mode. That is why it is confused as to whether or not it should produce bud or more foliage.

11. WayfaringStranger

guysmiley brings up a good point, dont feed them during flowering. i barely even water them. what i meant by they wont mature at the same time, is when you cut those bud leaves, new flowers will come out (thats how you get dense buds as aposed to leafy buds(ahhhhh its all making sense)). well your old flowers are going to mature long before the new flowers, thats why you want to trim those leaves as they come out, and only in the first couple weeks of flowering. if this is youre first harvest though, youre doing better than most. are they organic?

12. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

^^^^^^Well, I think you are taking my suggestion the wrong way. Feeding during flowering is necessary, he has overferted and needs to lay off for a bit. He should use flowering nutes during flowering because flowering plants need high amounts of P and K during flowering...less to no N is needed. To not feed or barely water during flowering is worse than over feeding. He needs to flush his system with properly pH'ed water, plain water. Then start with the flowering nutes after a week or 2 of no nutes.

13. WayfaringStranger

i agree smiley, but i usually have high enough amounts of slow release P and K in my soil already, and im careful with the N during veggie. water stress is an excellent technique to boost the reproductive process in plants though. i water heavy, but i ldo let them do bone dry for quite sometime before i water again. just a matter of prefference, i find it increases the boquet(smell).

14. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

I am growing in a hydroponic drip system. 1 bucket in side a nother with a driping ring and an air pump. it pumps the air down the buckets wht water is sucked up a tube in to the ring out on the plants bottem. i will put a photo of my hydroponic system soon.

15. WayfaringStranger

ahhhhhhh i dont give hydro advice, or chemmys, nice strain though, good luck.

16. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

Unfortunately, I am very limited to hydro grow know....wish I could be more help.

17. budfarmer

budfarmer Member

dirtyworms is right, not spider mites, it looks to me as if the temp drastically changed to the cold side,as far as pruning or trimming a plant while its in flower will slow growth drastically shocking the plant at this point could cause it to turn hermie, were are the freakin pistills {hairs}

18. b1v2w3

b1v2w3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

me neither. b1

19. budfarmer

budfarmer Member

man slow release chemical nutes should never be used, you can never flush all of it out when it's time to harvest, organic is the best way to grow weed!

20. thrawn

thrawn Member

If you look on the small fans, you can see yellow specks. Common for spider mite infestations. Flush your soil, get rid of spikes ( i assume your using), and get some neem oil.

Dont feed a plant in the last 2 weeks of growing.