Are men really hornier than women?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by hungdaddy234, Feb 5, 2014.

1. princessokay

princessokay Member

Not hornier than I am.

2. TheSamantha

TheSamantha Member

A friend of mine just ordered me a book by an anthropologist. In it, she says there are some cultures where women are promiscuous and men are encouraged to withhold sex.

3. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

Women are extremely sex driven in my experience. My wife and her friends are always discussing sex and its proper naughty.

4. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

NO. We are all human but due to cultural restraints and religion, women hold back for fear of being labeled. That is why i have always dated liberal rebels who use the word FUCK in just about every sentence.

5. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

Men are no hornier than women. They are just built differently. 8 points to ponder:
    1. Men have high levels of testosterone, the sex hormone. Men maintain a level of testosterone for most of their lives. Women do not have as high a level and rely more on the level of estrogen to provide them with a sex drive.
    2. Estrogen in women drops rapidly with menopause. They have a finite number of eggs for reproduction and during menopause the last egg is discharged from their body. At that point in their lives there is no need for sex other that the enjoyment of it.
    3. Menopause also changes their sex organs to where intercourse becomes uncomfortable even very painful.
    4. Men seldom if ever have any pain when engaging in sex.
    5. Men can impregnate many women across a period of one year. Women who become pregnant cannot do so again for nearly one year. (That's one reason men typically are the ones who go to war. You need more women to build an army than men.)
    6. Men bear no responsibility for any children they spawn. Women do. Yes, men do wish for the children to maintain relationships with them but it is not nearly as strong a relationship as with their mother.
    7. Women bear all of the responsibility when with child. This causes them to be more guarded when having sex in general. Pregnancy changes their life way more than it changes a mans life. Women who have no possibility of having this responsibility and can enjoy sex want sex just as much as men.
    8. Neither men nor women "Control" sex. If a man wants sex he will seek out a woman to have it with. If a woman wants sex she will seek out a man to have it with. But testosterone causes men to seek sex more often than women.

6. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

Yes, testosterone drives myself. I have a higher than average production as measured by the medical labs. My level is as high as 40 year old men and I'm in my mid sixties. I still crave sex and have to have it, albeit not as often as when I turned 60. I have noticed a slow down but yet I still relieve my sexual tension 4 or 5 times a week if not more.

7. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

I'm not sure it prevents me from anything as after I have that relief I enjoy so well I begin to rebuild towards another relief. And the cycle continues. Maybe it's an example of perpetual sex. Similar to the instructions on the shampoo bottle I keep repeating the cycle over and over.

Stimulate, orgasm, repeat.

8. xAlex69x

xAlex69x Members

Women are a lot hornier than men. They make a big big effort to conceal this, and they are good at it, to the point where they have society thinking its not true.

9. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

You state many true facts then give your personal opinion on others which portray men in a false way. Maybe in your experience through life, men don't bear responsibility for the child but in mine that is 100% false. I know many men who have been the main provider financially and emotionally to their kids over their mother. Maybe you are from an older generation or where you come from you haven't had the progression we have had here. My relationship with my kids could well be stronger than it is with their mam but it's not something that is even thought of. I do not understand how you state as a fact that men do not bear any responsibility for children you spawn. Seems kind of backwards.
    As for men seeking out sex more than women due to testosterone, I think maybe it's your testosterone talking there. Women seek it out without even showing to others that she's that type of woman. My wife has cheated on all her exs and no doubt on me. I know male friends of mine who cheat but I also know more women who have done it.

10. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

Reread and then understand that I point out the responsibility for women is when with child as in while pregnant in point 7. I am not portraying men in a false way. Just stating fact. He has no responsibility while the child is in the womb. The woman must maintain a healthy body and refrain from damaging the fetus until birth. I, like yourself, interacted with all my children from the moment they were born even to this day. But know the woman can either be responsible for the care of her fetus or not. If she choses the latter there is nothing the man who spawned the child can do. It cannot be taken from the womb and inserted into the male body for him to care for until ready for birth. Because of this the child holds a deeper bond with the woman. As a further example when a child is to choose between mother and father the mother is most often chosen. Why do you think the child, when the camera is pointed at them, says "Hi Mom!" Rarely does the child say hi to dad.
    The other point is my own level of testosterone, while high for my age, isn't talking here. It has been proven that testosterone production drives men towards sex. Women do not produce near as much testosterone and look upon sexual relations in a different light than men. Cheating is not an indication of sexual drive or desire. Women cheat because of an emotional connection, not because of sex drive. Case in point to support the male sex drive. I ask you how many men are prostitutes with many women seeking to have sex with them? In reverse how many men seek sex with a prostitute? The ratio far leans towards men. Just because your wife cheated on all her exes and yourself does not mean the female population follows suit. Most women cease to have sex by the time they are 70 while men still have that wanton desire all throughout their life. These are proven facts and not an opinion based on experience.

11. lion1978

lion1978 The King

No men are not hornier than women, we are just more open about it and doesn't conceal it as much, probably due to society dogma and stigma, which is sad

Toecutter likes this.
  12. undefeated41

undefeated41 Members

So how can the women actually be promiscuous when thr men are not having sex ?

13. Just for fun

Just for fun Live your best life

I'd love to hear the name of that culture. The only one I can recall even close would be the Amazon women but no one is 100% sure it was real.

14. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

Totally disagree with you. I've been on many many trips away with just bloke mates and id say usually maybe 1 guy will cheat out of a group of 12+. Happens often that the women (all our partners) go for the Hen doo a week or two later. The women's trips are all pretty planned with groups of guys they know from other town and they share room with them all weekend. When I heard of it I thought well why couldn't few of us guys come.
    I do get it and if she fucked then I'm OK with it.