Are Hippie Republicans Oxymorons?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Okiefreak, Feb 2, 2018.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well the topic itself is kind of 2/3rds generalization. so that would be kind of pretty much hard to avoid in reply to it.

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I felt she was mansplaining to me, so I called her police man accordingly :p

Uh oh, you’re not THAT type of feminist, are ya?

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The kind that likes saying wermens?

What's that from anyways..who says it like that

Squidbillies?

4. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I see another reason for me to believe Republicans cannot be Hippies...in earnest. The Republican nominee for congress in Illinois is an admitted Nazi and racist. His name is Arthur Jones. He is running unopposed. A White nationalist by the name of Kawzinski was Trump's New Hampshire operator during the 2016 campaign. Charlie Kirk is a White Nationalist and Trump supporter who has been working the university circuit, most recently in Colorado. Dillon Ulysses Hopper was one of the march organizers in VA, and he was a Trump supporter and an advocate of deportations. Therefore, I conclude Hippy values and Republican values could never mesh well, as Hippies have always endeavored to include racial minorities and women into their movement. And Republicans seem to be obsessed by other kinds of movements.

scratcho likes this.
  5. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Cherry-picking.

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

7. stormountainman

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Facts?

stormountainman likes this.
  9. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Then show us the right fruit. Nothing against you but cons ALWAYS do this. Simply dismiss anything with a word or two. You need some evidence. In a debate what you have said here means you loose.

stormountainman likes this.
  10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

What I see her is embarrassment. People are afraid to say they are with the man in office. So they cling to the notion they are something else even when their party is nothing but hate and greed. The antitheses of hippies. It's good it means people can change it means they see they are wrong. But it's interesting how no one says they are "republican" anymore.

I'm sorry when you are have the attitude of making money and feeling you owe no one anything because they are lazy why should you it's not being a "hippie". That's what Republicanism is. I will make my own way and fuck you if you can't do that to. There will be no expectation from my morals or my goverment to help other people. You will not tax me, you will not ask me to deal with people with different views than me because I am the only one with American views.

If you voted for Trump you ain't in the club and you believe all this clearly. If you want to twist it around to some idea of independence. Like I'm a good con I like freedoms like hippies it's just not the same. Personal liberty does not mean walls.

11. 6-eyed shaman

LOL, I'm not too familiar with squidbillies throwing in a letter R.

I'm talking about the Womyn spelling.

From what I've seen. The rad-fems who bastardized the spelling of women to throw in a Y, did it to divide themselves from their patriarchal oppressors, men. Hell they aren't even humans, they're humyns. Can't have the dreaded 3 letters M-E-N in anything that describes them. Oh yeah, and they #batheinmaletears lol

I know you are a sweet and kind hearted person. But if I didn't know you any better, and actually thought you actually took pride in calling yourself a womyn, then I'd feel sorry for every male in your life right now.

12. 6-eyed shaman

In all the hippie gatherings that I've been a part of, political discussions never came up.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah, I was just doing it. Because, ya know..it was a play on neoprene's joke about police officer instead of police man. Lets not look too deeply into this

neoprene_queen likes this.
  14. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

I was led here by another forum. The poster got banned on this forum so I decided to give the site a shot. Maybe I can do better. I'm pretty tame as far as attitude.

15. stormountainman

Yes, a good example is when they use the term illegal...to lump all immigrants into one category. There is a big difference between that Kansas chemistry professor and the killers and rapers Trump was running his mouth about.

16. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You know what's a good example?

When they lump all "Republicans" into the same group; or all people who voted for President Trump into the same group.

Like has been mentioned up-thread, there is too much generalization going on in this thread.

I'm out because I generally don't post in the politics section and I've got far too many other things on my mind to be sucked into this any further.

Have fun.

Keep posting.

neoprene_queen likes this.
  17. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Be fair....Trump and MOST republicans lump liberals in the same LIBTARD group, calling them traitors for not clapping for Trump's SOTU speech. Cons have been demonizing liberals since Raygun. It's just taken liberals 30 years to grow a spine. But I understand your aversion to a futile argument.

Asmodean likes this.
  18. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Republican Hippies remember the creation of the EPA. The Voting Rights Act, Title IX for public schools. Americans with Disabilities Act. Clean Air Act. and so many more. They declared victory and went home. Todays Left Agenda is less inviting but retains the passions of the earlier time.

NotMyRealName likes this.
  19. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Well put.

20. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Tax cuts for the rich, get the welfare chiselers off the dole, out with the immigrants, build that wall, nuke North Korea, support the NRA, America first! If the stock market is humming, nothing else matters! Yes, I see the Republican memories of the sixties are elephantine. As for the "Left Agenda", I think a little more passion would be in order--getting back to "greening America" (and not in a monetary sense).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    scratcho likes this.