Are Greeks europeans?

Discussion in 'Greece' started by Ladylocks, May 10, 2005.

1. political squaw

political squaw Member

"you are not very smart. are you American?"

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Afro-americans aren't considered african because of their culture in the first place I think.

3. political squaw

political squaw Member

/thread
    lol

4. Sea Breeze

Sea Breeze Member

missed the irony here clearly!

5. Sir_George

Sir_George Guest

I'm Greek with white skin and blue eyes...and I've never seen an arab with those features before.

The poster of this thread needs to get educated (if there's anything un-european it's a low IQ):

1. Turks are by no means Arabs and genetic tests have proven such; and yes some Greeks are darker because of Turkish mixing...but there are currently 5 times more Turks in Germany than there were in Greece during Ottomans times...expect mixing...there are already tons of German-Turkish couples. :2thumbsup:
    2. There are more races than black and white.
    3. Just because one does not have pure white skin doesn't mean they are not European.
    4. You ought to read a history book before you go around trolling Italy, Spain, and Greece...these countries have done a lot more for Europe than your Germany...especially Italy. If Italy didn't exist what would Germany make their classical music based off? Their barbaric ancient instruments? What about their democracy? The only thing they invented was totalitarian communism and nationalistic fascism. Don't smog off these intelligent countries after you stole their ideals. Also Italians have much better fashion, language, cuisine and cars than the Germans and that's a solid fact.
    5. You're a fool if you think making absolutist statements will win you your ludicrous argument: "Greeks have never been accepted as whites in America". That statement couldn't be more wrong...and have you met every American or have an academic source to back up your eternal "never"? It would be like me saying you never got a proper education in anything.

To finish, the two German trolls who came on here to start this hate-thread need to get Hitler's d!ck out of their arses...if Nazism didn't work once it won't work again...get over it. You're on here slurring Greeks and their worth in economics and society almost exactly like Hitler did with the Slavs and Jews in his Mein Kampf...and I am being serious...the comparisons are vivid. Not only is your ideology dangerous...it's linked with your ancestors (whom over 90% supported Hitler and his heinous acts by poll through 1928-1943...fact) that practically brutally killed nearly a quarter of innocent Europeans and ruined tons of historical and cultural elements all because of a recession they had when in America they had it 10 times worse....and now your on here deciding who is European and who is not?! If the Romans had finished off the Germanics as intended, we would have never had Nazism or Communism...and hence the biggest mass murders in history..... thanks a lot for your European contribution Germany...but I'll stick with the golden Italians and maybe some French.

Vroom vroom...Forza Ferrari Italiano! :auto:

6. Sea Breeze

Sea Breeze Member

With reference to your part four: Johannes Gutenberg - german - was the inventor of the printing press which was as significant then as the creation of the internet in recent history. It is factual that many greeks fled the ottoman invasion settling in Italy and many contributed to the age of enlightenment and the Renaissence. This of course long after the demise of the glories of the Hellenistic Empires...............

Unfortunately, the Nazis were not the only people with imperialistic intentions who systematically wiped out peoples to their own political ends. Alexander the Great did not extend his Macedonian empire by drinking tea and being nice - but by being brutal. The Romans were no better in their subjugation of the Celtic Peoples, certainly as far as Hadrian and Nero are concerned. Nazism is what we recall as it is more recent. However, Queen Frederiki of Greece herself was said to have been a Nazi sympethizer, as were members of the British Royal Family....and yes they were all Germans....just a hand over of power really, when one empire falls another takes over.....and let us not forget that the Greeks were highly influenced by the Egyptians so they didn't think it all up themselves. Interestingly the contemporary Berber alphabet contains characters that are very similar to greek characters and also found in ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics. Should we go further back than that, to India, we see really really ancient civilizations that were incredibly advanced, far more so than the Egyptians and long before the Greeks with mathamatics and related technology so advanced that it took a while for the Greeks to catch up.

It has been my personal experience of living in Greece for many many years that the Greeks are very quick to claim ideas as their own even tho they may not have actually gone back in history to verify the claim. It's fine to claim something as your own as long as you don't venture into the past to see where it may actually have originated. Italians wouldn't be eating spaghetti if their ancient explorers hadn't had ventured as far away as China. Tomatoes also which are an important basis for mediterranean cusine were not brought to Europe until the Spanish conquered South America. There are many other examples of things that have eked themselves into European cultures but I'm sure you can all think of at least one other yourselves...Let us not be so crass to assume that one people is greater than another and that that race is pure and that it has not be influenced by any other people.....

I love that Greece always claims it invented Democracy too! Priceless...In the modern world we call the concept of fairly elected political governers as democracy from the Greek, Democratos. It is not correct however to say that there was no Democracy before him. Certainly systems of an egalitarian nature existed within tribal societies before the birth of the man who lent his name to the concept.

You are right - it does show a huge capacity for ignorance if one discusses a subject without being completely au fait. In order to look at IQ levels and compare this too, your demographics have to be comparable. Sadly it seems that even in Europe our education systems also fall short of the mark and fact becomes blurred by forms of nationalism and national pride, not something then that the Nazis invented by themselves, rather a behaviour pattern adopted perhaps from invaders in days gone by. Currently we see this as America's resolve to turn the world into Americans and the American way of thinking. Some parts of the planet take huge exception to this. In Greece every November there are huge anti American protests over the fall of the Papadopoulos Junta and the sit-in at the University of Athens in 1973. We must remember also that each history book that we read is one person's interpretation of events with their interpretation of the facts. Works of literature also are a useful point of reference in historical documentation. In order to obtain a balanced view then we need to read more than one book.

As to the slurring of Greeks: I would like to point out one thing relevant in modern terms: currently both Greece and Italy are in the worst economic shambles they have possibly ever found themselves in. These are facts that the individual countries concerned will have to take responsibility for and not play the blame game. Portugal and Spain also find themselves in a similar mess. While they may be great in Italy and Greece at style ( I'm not sure that the Greeks are that great at style), clearly not great enough to save the economy - they are also really really good at cooking the books. In Greece there never seemed to be a sensible way of monitoring or ensuring tax revenue. How many times did we go to the dentist or doctor and pay them and not get a receipt for the visit? Just in those two fields alone the revenue loss in tax must be huge. And that is just one thing. If you go to the laiki agora, do you get a receipt? How many times is a cash transaction preferable to any other as it is not traceable and nod, nod, wink wink - non taxable? Greece may have been the hot bed of creativity several millenia ago but unfortunately Greece has a hard time standing alone in modern day terms. If you keep looking back you can't see where you are going. Greece may have invented modern plumbing as we know it but their current plumbing systems leaves a lot to be desired.

I have seen on more than one occasion blond/ light haired and blue eyed individuals in North Africa....and have also seen this phenomenon in India. I am not sure why we are all so precious about genetics and so dismissive of the fact that ancient peoples did actually inter mix... Indeed such was the mix and existence of non white peoples (mostly having come to Britain as servants or indentured people after the crusades or further back as slaves and mercenaries from both North and Sub-Saharan Africa during the Roman Invasion) living in the British Isles during the reign of Elizabeth I that it became a concern to her and it was believed that some kind of immigration cap should be created. Many of the people concerned by this time were naturalised by more than one generation. If it happened in the UK of course it happened in other European countries. Also it is down to the individual and his own family history rather than a national issue as to what the genetic mix in his family is. It would be sooo naive and ignorant of us if we believed in a pure race.

7. political squaw

political squaw Member

haha lol greek spirit in action.

yeah, try to say something like the OP did in greece and you get your teeth broken for sure. :D

8. Sir_George

Sir_George Guest

A lot of the points you made about Greece are overblown or inaccurate, even though many are valid. You seem to know a lot about Greece and Greek history, even your avatar has Greek style, and you claim to live by the sea....so are you Greek? Let alone one of those modernist artsy Greek youths who thinks it's feasible to give apologist and critical views of their own issues to honor the unfair judgment of others? I love how your post had nothing about Italians, and if I may say I might be more Italian than Greek ;-). My post was targeting the German trolls on here.

9. political squaw

political squaw Member

which of my points are overblown and inaccurate? please, when you make a statement, provide a quote, or else I have nothing to respond to except just blah

I do know greece well, I live here for 7 years and I made my way here through everything, including its mighty bureaucracy, I am sure you know what I am talking about, so I know it damn well. I am not greek, I am ukrainian, my grandpa was greek, but that has little to do with why I am here, I ended up here accidentally.

why would I say anything about italians? I was responding on topic. may be you are confusing me with someone else here?

10. political squaw

political squaw Member

oh wait, you were talking to sea breezer? I apologize then. I thought you were referring to me.

11. Sir_George

Sir_George Guest

Reading more through this thread I'd also like to respond to the Turkish trolls.

Dear Kebab-Boys, if Greece had been influenced and possibly conquered by the glorious Italians then it would be much more prosperous, populated, and cultured than it is today. It would truly be a golden Western nation like Italy, France, and Spain. Yet we Italians had to initiate the renaissance with Greek thought, but not a single Greek in sight (except the ones you mistook for goats and had to run away so that you didn't rape them). Sure Italy was bound to be superior to Greece, but the renaissance, enlightenment, and romantic eras were bound to flow into Greece if the kebab-head Ottomans weren't there. We Italians would have refined your food, mechanisms, progressed your philosophy and allowed a continuum of the ancient Greek arts, philosophies, literature that Italians respected and studied as opposed to the Turks who (with their IQ of 80) wanted to extinguish these intellectual feats and replace them with their own (stolen Persian) culture. Imagine, the Byzantine empire with it's Roman roots contributing to the renaissance.

Instead Greece was left with a quarter of it's population looking genetically Turkish, with a bunch of useless nasty Turkish instruments, food, and architecture. Imagine all those clay houses could have looked like Venice or Rome instead. So until the Turks (mongol-arabs) can find an excuse of how the Ottoman empire was good, they should stop bragging about it's abusive, Islamo-fascist, racist, xeno-phobic, and genocidal (which are still denied by them today) tendencies.

Who knows maybe the precious fatherland (Germany) will end up like Greece after the Turks are done rapping it's women and goats, and exploiting the multikultur economy.

Rome:

[​IMG]

Istanbul:
    [​IMG]

Wasn't that big main-attraction built by Greeks? ;-) But hey at least in Istanbul you can visit a part of every stolen culture, unlike Rome.

12. political squaw

political squaw Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1TnzCiUSI0"]YouTube - The Italian Man Who went to Malta.

13. Sea Breeze

Sea Breeze Member

please be specific in what is overblown and inaccurate
    i don't claim anything and who i am and where i am is my business as is my education, knowledge and experience of greece and it's culture...
    my 25 year old son just about pissed himself laughing at the artsy greek youth bit!
    just popping off to make some lemonato
    toodle pip!

14. Sir_George

Sir_George Guest

Yea well you keep laughing...the retarded student anarchists in Greece and Italy are going to ruin the countries. Maybe if they skipped class a bit less for their stupid protests they might learn something about economics and political theory. I'm sick and tired of seeing anarchists symbols sprayed on priceless ancient relics and historical structures...

15. Asmodean

Funny to see italians glorify their past and talking about fascism at the same time.

16. political squaw

political squaw Member

indeed^

also I don't feel like engaging into a political argument here, just want to mention that some of those 'retarded anarchists' are more knowledgeable than the professors who teach them.

17. Asmodean

Sir george lost his credibility to be taken serious when he started agitating against the turks. But even if that wasn't the case, I don't feel like getting into that here neither :D

18. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

*chews kebab thoughtfully*

it really is ... it must be hard for italian people to accept that The Doctrine of Fascism almost destroyed everything that europe in it's entirety had spent thousand of years building

19. Sir_George

Sir_George Guest

Don't even TRY to push that on the Italians....we all know the Germans ruined fascism, and they initiated communism which has killed many many more people throughout the world statistically speaking and still is. Being nationalistic in truth doesn't make one a fascist. When Turks and Germans bloat about their past it's ok though? Look here, the Germans gave fascism a bad name...you say the work and your brain automatically wires it with oppression, holocaust, hitler, nazi, untermenschen, eugenics...all of which were German products of fascism.

Also have fun chewing on that kebab...you can thank the Persians for that.

20. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

fuckin' hope so... otherwise, i want my money back.