Are Greeks europeans?

Discussion in 'Greece' started by Ladylocks, May 10, 2005.

1. Ladylocks

Ladylocks Banned

They don't look very white and their culture seems more turkish. Comments?

2. diafanos

diafanos Member

u got to be kiddin! what are u talkin about? the word "europe" is taken from a myth of the ancient greek mythology where Jupiter kidnaps Europe,a beautiful young greek girl, and she walks on the continent that today i s named Europe trying to escape....
    just think of that . . . And whats up with the color?come on! opinions like tis(concerning the color of the skin) were expressed by Hitler! not on that forum . . . concerning the turkish thing= ok greece have a sort of a common culture(?) (i d say influence) with turkey and thats because Greece was under the control of Turkey for 400(!) years, its normal . . . but not the same culture . . .i d also say that if someone can be influenced by the other i d say that greece cant be influenced because her cultural level is way too higher(the greeks invented the filosofy,the science,the democracy) check out the european history

<with absolutely no tension for nationalism>
    "our country is the planet"

3. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Member

Ditto Diafanos.
    Europe is a CONTINENT with many countries and regions in it, each of them has their culture and traditions. Skin colour? Greece is a sunny and hot country so their skin genes are darker than any northern country, obviously [​IMG]

4. Ladylocks

Ladylocks Banned

I disagree. Greeks look more arabic than white european. Can't tell the difference between then and turks.

5. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

What exactly do you think Europe is then? What makes a European? :rolleyes:

6. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

European is not defined by skin color. more by geography. If you'd look on poeples skins from north to south, youd see a scale from totally pale to browinish. The northern folks don't need such a pigmented skin, so they don't have it. the southerners need it, and they have it.......

7. diafanos

diafanos Member

ok ladylocks its your right to disagree. i expressed my arguments-You have sticked to the color of the skin and u dont say anything new . . . whatever . . .

peace (from a browned skin not european Greek like me . . :) .. lol...

8. Ladylocks

Ladylocks Banned

Blacks come from Africa.

Whites come from Europe.

All Europeans come from the same race. There is no such thing as a 'geographic' europe. Geographically we would be linked to asia and africa. Nobody would accept a gypsy as european or 3rd world immigrants as europeans for sure. Greeks are not of the same blood and its irrelavent what greeks did since europeans borrowed a few ideas from all over the place.

Greeks most certainly have never been accepted as whites in america. Their history is more linked with asia.

9. diafanos

diafanos Member

i must say that im impressed by your opinions concerning the races! do you think that greeks come from Africa?????? these things are being thaught in your country? what blood are u talking about??????? all i know is blood is red for africans ,
    europeans,asians. . . . have u heard any results of a blood test that proves that we have different kind of blood with French for example for lord s name!!! read some history ! anyway what can i say . . Hail Hitler . . :)

10. Ladylocks

Ladylocks Banned

Ah you agree with the racial divide. Ok-

No I didn't say you were african. But your people certainly look more like semetic or Indian race. That difference is quite obvious. By race I mean group of people who have same ancestor and look same.

11. LooLoo

LooLoo Member

:rolleyes: Oh dear...

It's about time people realised there is more to race than black and white.

12. LooLoo

LooLoo Member

They look Indian (and by that I assume you mean darker skinned) becuase they have lived in a hot and sunny climate for thuasamds of years. Your opinions on race are kinda skewed as well. Techinically speaking we aLL have the same ancestors, we ALL came from Africa originally.

13. Alexia

Alexia Member

Aren't these south euro's Latinos/Hispanic?

They look the same and culture seems same.

14. LooLoo

LooLoo Member

??

Latino means from Latin America, so no.

Hispanic means of a Spanish speaking culture, so for Spain yes, the rest no...

15. Alexia

Alexia Member

I think greeks have more in common with turks than say an Irish person. The culture is completely different and people dont look the same at all.

When I was in germany I was told that people dont like turks/greeks for stated reason.

16. LooLoo

LooLoo Member

That may be true but they are still European. Europe is a big place and it's only natural that there is a range of cultures. :)

It's the same in any continent. Look at Asia, Indians and Japanese people for example look very different and have very different cultures, yet both are still Asian.

17. mafuman

mafuman Banned

Greece is in europe. SO i suppose that means they are europeans.

I personally would say greeks are mediterranean peoples.

I wouldn't say greeks are like turks or vice versa only becuase i dont want a greek or turk to punch me in the nose.

Did you know the turkish peoples originated to the north of china?

i think it is very hard to say what a person from a certain culture must look like because our world is in a state of constant flux with peoples displacing and migrating all over.

if you go to usa, for example, you will see people whose ancestors were chinese, indian, african, european but now they are all americans.

18. diafanos

diafanos Member

Originally Posted by Ladylocks
    Ah you agree with the racial divide. Ok-

No I didn't say you were african. But your people certainly look more like semetic or Indian race. That difference is quite obvious. By race I mean group of people who have same ancestor and look same.

of course i dont agree with the racial divide.there is no turnin back to national states cause we alrady experience a globalized(with the good sense) society. look around you i can talk with a person who is miles away.all people come from the very first humans whose bones were found in Africa.we all have same ancestors accordin to me, we re all humans,there is no such thing as racial divide,the race is one=the human race.

Originally Posted by Alexia
    Aren't these south euro's Latinos/Hispanic?

They look the same and culture seems same.

Alexia your ignorance cant be described . . .

Anyway im not spendin my time tryin to explain where do the greeks come from cause its written in all history books and cause finally its meaningless cause i personally feel that my country is the whole planet

I m new here and i must say im quite surprised(and not with the good way).i see other things than i expected... I dont know much but i thaught that hippies are open-minded.free,radical persons and on that forum i keep listening to opinions that express a different philosofy, opinions on the racial divide,the color of the skin,the fact that how german dislike turks and greeks and similar conservative ideas ...

anyway see ya .

19. diafanos

diafanos Member

20. diafanos

diafanos Member

guys im really sorry for the double posting but i havent learned the stuff yet :) :)