Are Certain Cosmic Phenomena Cause by Physics Experiments?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by skip, Oct 28, 2018.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

I just read an article about how physics experiments now being conducted by scientists might have enormous unforeseen consequences. British Royal Astronomer, Sir Martin Rees, has pointed to particle accelerator experiments that might go beyond their expectations, destroying our planet and possibly the entire universe (as we know it).

A similar theory was the plot of the book, Earth, by David Brin. In that, a tiny black hole caused by an experiment tunnels it's way to the core of the earth and begins to eat it up. That was a great book, btw!

Thinking about that, I have to wonder whether some of the cosmic phenomena seen through telescopes and other recording devices, like black holes, quasars, exotic forms of matter are actually the result of some "intelligent" creatures performing similar accelerator or other types of advanced physics experiments.

So far physics has shown us that unleashing the power of things we cannot see can have enormous benefits, but also enormous risks. Splitting the atom, made nuclear power possible, as well as nuclear war. What might "messing around" with quantum particles lead to?

Perhaps this is the usual result of evolution of a species; self-annihilation through experimentation?

Perhaps some of what we consider to be "natural phenomena", everything from the birth of star to it's death are not just spontaneous or long-term results of one event (the big bang), but also the result of conscious planning and experimentation.

Perhaps for some, that's where God comes into the picture... ;)

Sir Martin Rees says a physics experiment could swallow up the entire universe

Pua Mana 'Ohana likes this.
  2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Think what that would to real estate values!

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]
    Black hole the size of a nickle.
    Its possible that we are all just angels dancing on a pin.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Grrrr

When they say they have created black holes in the lab they are really just talking about voids

Plenty of evidence for big gravity voids that bend light in space that are huge.

But calling them black holes is bullshit.

There is something called the trans planckian problem that Hawking had to bullshit his way around to get his theory to work. Light has infinite frequency at one point

But black holes the way everyone thinks of nowadays, they dont exist, never did

Pua Mana 'Ohana and Irminsul like this.
  5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

that's funny to me in the context of certain propositions on the ballot for November in California. There's one about "rent control" which I am for because it keeps housing reasonable. It also has some consequences for landlords; it makes it harder to profit. So they say it will hurt real estate as a sort of counter argument. Anyway... I'm sure I'm not explaining this very well, so I will stop. :)

It was funny for that reason though.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I agree.

7. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

As a Great Ghostbuster once said in regards to particle acceleration:

"Don't cross the streams" ~ Dr. Egon Spengler of The Ghostbusters from New York

Screenshot_20181031-105100.png

("Egon: Don’t cross the streams.
    Peter: Why?
    Egon: It would be bad.
    Peter: I’m fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean “bad”?
    Egon: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
    Raymond: Total protonic reversal.
    Peter: That’s bad. Okay. Alright, important safety tip, thanks Egon." ~ The #Real Ghostbusters)

"Why worry...Each of us is wearing an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back." ~ Dr. Peter Venkman of the Ghostbusters from New York

par·ti·cle ac·cel·er·a·tor
    /ˈpärdəkəl əkˈseləˌrādər,akˈseləˌrādər/
    noun
    1. an apparatus for accelerating subatomic particles to high velocities by means of electric or electromagnetic fields. The accelerated particles are generally made to collide with other particles, either as a research technique or for the generation of high-energy X-rays and gamma rays.

:sunglasses:

#Safety1st

#DontCrossTheStreams

#AsAGreatGhostbusterOnceSaid

Irminsul likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Neat. I like the ghostbusters.well done. :)

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

The super micro organisms in our body might have done the same thing. That's why we get things like cancer.

beachbum86 and Pua Mana 'Ohana like this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ancient astronaut theorists, say yes.

11. Pua Mana 'Ohana

Pua Mana 'Ohana Members

This just in...

There may be hope yet for this multi-verse...

The #Real Ghostbusters 3 may be coming soon to a multi-verse-plex theater near you...:tonguewink:

#WhoYaGonnaCall

12. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Max Planck begged his colleagues to explain the joke, then Bohr later shouted "Shut up and calculate", around the same time that Japanese engineers discovered fuzzy logic, fully aware it contradicted classical logic. Academics ignored the success of the Japanese for decades, and have since made almost no progress in theoretical physics in over half a century, despite building the most enormous and complex machines ever devised by man. Chicken little ran around screaming the sky is falling, because he was chicken with a stunted sense of humor, who had no clue what the hell he was doing.

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

not sure what you mean by gravity wells too deep and powerful for light to escape from not existing. that IS the generally accepted meaning of the term.
    i'm unaware of any reason to assume they couldn't be created intentionally by powerful and massive enough particle accelerators.
    i, of course, do agree with your skepticism as to this having as yet been done.
    (i don't know the numbers, but i doubt earth, or any planet, is large enough to build one that would do the job, anywhere on its surface.
    building several in space and focusing them all on a single point might be able to though)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  14. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Like, all frequencies? It vibrates at ALL frequencies? so then is it, what, all colors? all elements?