Arcade 84

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dude111, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

http://www.cinemarcade.com/arcade84.html

This brought me to tears watching,what happend to the good days we used to know??

It's an all digital animation of walking through a typical mall video game arcade in 1984 with Journeys "Stoned in Love" playing in the background.

Check it out! (3-1/2 minutes long .. very well done )

Almost nothing but garbage is made today making the 80s look like gold!! (Which they were in many ways)

2. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

Man you keep posting a lot of random threads, are you drunk?

3. Dude111

No why buddy?

Im posting good things :)

4. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

Just checking. Thought maybe you'd want someone to talk to rather than posting odd threads.

5. Dude111

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  6. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Ugh...
    Why not just post the youtube video:

OMG!! MACH 3 @ 2:17! That game blew our little minds but I think it cost $1 to play.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

dude, everyone feels nostalgia for their youth, it's just natural. but you also have to learn how to live in the moment and enjoy what is happening now. there's lots of good stuff happening right this moment, why not enjoy that rather than lamenting the passage of time until you find yourself too old to even get out of bed to try something new?

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I think you’re being a bit too harsh

As a kid back in the 1980s, I used to spend hours each day with my friends at the video arcade

Dude111 likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Daytona USA :D
    That was the arcade game they blew my mind and made me love NASCAR

10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i wasn't really old enough to enjoy the arcades until the very early 1990s, and i lived in the sticks where you had to drive a half hour to get to the closest arcade except for that one week each year that the fair came to town and you could pump infinite quarters into the xmen game in their arcade tent, but i still have very fond memories of those days. and even today, whenever i make it to the city one of my standard destinations is the arcade bars that have popped up lately, where they have all the big arcade games from the 80s and 90s available to play for free normally, as long as you have a beer that you bought from their bar.

but anyway, my point wasn't to be harsh, but that time is past. dude111 actually seems like a really good guy, and i would actually like to see him enjoying something new. i think he just needs to learn how to better adapt to change and he would probably be a much happier person.

Driftrue and hotwater like this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

All these kids with their gizmo's and their gadgets.