Arab People Have A Kinship With African Americans.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jimbee68, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Jimbee68

Jimbee68 Member

(I don't know for sure if Politics is the proper place for this one. I thought of putting it in Random Thoughts. But it is kind of political. So please indulge me in this :) .)

Anyways, I just wanted to share with you all what they used to say when I was a little kid. I grew up in Metro-Detroit. And we have quite an extensive Arab and Muslim population here (not all Arabs are Muslims--but that is a separate debate).

Anyways, when I was young, they used to say, Arabs actually have a close bond, a kinship, if you will, with people of sub-Saharan African descent, i.e., Black people. They come from the same part of the world. And they will take their side, if they have to take anyone's, I have found.

I know, where I live, people sometimes try to drive a wedge between the two groups. Arab people often vote Republican (ironically). So this is partly the reason, sometimes. Also, Arab people, Muslims in particular, are not too popular as a group now, even among Democrats and liberals. So I thought I would just share this one with you.

Anyone else know what I am talking about? I really would love for a person of Arab or Muslim descent to chime in with this one. They could probably explain it better to you than I could.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

The main bond twixt Arabs and sub-Saharan Africans, is that Arabs were their slave masters and provided all the management and logistics required to transport Africans to West African ports for shipment to the West Indies and the United States.

Arabs (Hamites) are white as far as I know. When I look at an Arab grandfather he looks virtually identical to the white grandfathers found in the West (that's where I notice the closest similarity.

I really can't distinguish between southern Europeans and Arabs. Apparently there are white genes liberally sprinkled all over North Africa, too.

Arabs still enslave blacks in a few African countries even where it has become technically illegal toward the and of the 20th century.

Where slaves are the children of several generations of slaves and former slaves it can be difficult, perhaps impossible, for them to adequately re-integrate into free society if granted freedom - so it's a complex issue.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Sounds racist.

Why won't they have a bond with me? :)

Is it because I'm motherfucking white??

Mamluke13 likes this.
  4. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

not just motherfucking white, but a real sweetie, too:)

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Why assume that they won't ;)

The reason they don't have a bond with you atm is most likely because you're up in the german mountains and they never took notice of you.
    Maybe there still wouldn't be a bond after that but that could easily be personal, not racist :D

6. Existensile

Existensile Member

Muslims occupied much of Southern Spain for centuries; the last were driven out in 1453.

Malcolm X said his great epiphany was to discover there were white Muslims, during his first hajj. His former mentor, Elijah Mohammed, preached that Islam was a black religion.

7. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

[​IMG]

8. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Muslims in north Africa still enslave black people. I saw it in Tunisia where they were forced to make bricks. So yes, I guess you could call it a "special kinship". Though in a rather dastardly fashion.

9. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

I would question the pineapple even though I'm rabbiting through a big load of it from Costco

10. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Unless it's Hitler's pineapple!

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

When was this?

Currently most black africans crossing the Sahara to north african countries only do so to cross the mediterranean sea. They get locked up, are often horribly mistreated and abused labourwise yes, but they go to those countries voluntarily (albeit out of desperation because there's often no good future in sight in their homeland)