Apples and Wine...

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by ~Sam~, May 12, 2004.

1. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Cosmic Traveler

Subject: Apples and Wine

Women are like apples on trees.
    The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for
    the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead,
    they just take the rotten apples from the ground that aren't as good, but
    easy....... The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when
    in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to
    come along, the one who's brave enough to climb all the way to the top of
    the tree.

Share this with other women who are good apples, even those who have
    already been picked!

Now Men.... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to
    women to stomp the shit out of them until they turn into something
    acceptable to have dinner with.

2. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

LOL--that was good. I just emailed it to all my non forumer girlfriends.

3. Dolphin~Rider

Dolphin~Rider Member

I know alot of good apples and they'll recognize themselves when they read this.

4. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Cosmic Traveler

I received the Cookies yesterday afternoon! Thank You So Much! They're Sooooooo Good... Kenny and I had a couple for breakfast this AM.

BTW... you asked me to come over to "The Kitchen Table" several times... When we get our Personal Forums back again, does the offer still stand? I don't know if I'm the person to talk to youngsters, but I'm sure as hell willing to try.

Love You Today,

Sam

5. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Love that, Sam!!Good to see ya' here...wow, it feels like I've entered another incarnation with these new forums, but I guess I'll get used to it soon.

Getting ready to put the house on the market, then, after some long awaited traveling, off I go... WHee!

Good luck with the kids!

6. angelgodiva

DolphinRider, I love your new avatar, it's beautiful!
    Sam, I'm glad you enjoyed the cookies, and yes, when the forum goes up, the offer is still open. I would love to see you there.
    Hope everyone is having a great day! We're having lovely weather here, and in a while I am going out to do a second planting of peas and lettuce and put in some potatoes!

7. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Cosmic Traveler

Mornin' Sus and Dolphin~Rider! Sorry I missed you both the first time around! The article is funny and true at the same time... glad you got a chuckle.

Is that you in the Pic, Angel? Pretty Lady.

I'm doing the laundry and going to plant morning glories around the back porch today. Michael New Moon (Mikey) is feeling better today... it's day 2 of giving him 35cc of procaine penicillin G 2X/day plus sulfa drugs and Bute for pain. I had never given an injection to a horse before, but the lady vet who came to see him showed me how to do it without him even knowing what I was doing. I swear he's better than a kid (human) to give medication to.

Well... the dryer buzzer just went off, gotta run.

Love Ya's,
    Sam

8. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I can only hope that that is true. But I just can't believe that it isn't my fault.

9. teepi

teepi living my dream

Sam that was really funny,I lucked out with Larry, a true fine Bordeux in my opinion, but I have had to do some stomping in my time.

Angel have you ever planted your potato's under straw?? without the digging??
    I lay out about 12 lay the eyes on top and cover with 12 more, the rain packs it down then as they sprout I keep covering with more straw.
    I've also grown them in black plastic leaf bags.
    Poke a few holes in the bottom throw in a layer of those pesky styrofoam peanits or gravel lay in a good 12-18" of compost or potting soil, lay in the eyes and cover with 2" of soil then as they start growing keep adding a little more soil to cover the stems but leave the top 2 sets of leaves poking up.
    Keep the bag folded down but as you add more dirt pull up the bag accordingly,
    by the time the plants reach the top of the bag it will be full of taters.
    Yukon gold are my favorites.
    But I want to try some of those fingerlings.

Have fun Sus, hope all goes well with the house sale.

Teepi

10. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Thanks, Teepi...all looks well at this point...if I can get past my emotions (the house is the one I was raised in)...but my world looks bright, and thereis plenty of adventure ahead!!

And, Antithesis...don't be so hard on yourself. I've read some of your posts in other forums, and you seem like an intelligent, thoughtful, caring young woman. The guy you end up with is gonna be a lucky one to have you!! Keep your chin up, girl!! You rock!

11. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Cosmic Traveler

Teepi! Good to hear from you, I've missed you. I'm laughing with you... I've had to do, and still do, some outrageous Stomping here... the result? A smooth Merlot, not too dry, with a hint of fruit. Took me 28 years, but the effort paid off big time.

Hey! I've planted taters just like that (under straw). It's so easy and when you go to harvest them it's not as labor intensive. The potatoes grow really well, and if you take care to pile the straw over them after a rain, you don't get the Solanine green spots on them.

Oh Yes! Thanks for remembering me to wish Sus good Luck with selling her abode, teepi. Much appreciated.

Love Ya,
    Sam

12. angelgodiva

Sounds like a cool idea with the taters; thanks--I'll try it!
    Sam, yes, that is me, but I was some bit younger then. I just loved those kitties--as soon as I get one developed with Dusty, I'll post a newer one.

13. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

And some women are like suicide apples that jump off the tree into any mans hand...

14. spiceguy

spiceguy Member

I've been stomped shitless for thirty years:)

15. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

I promise to be gentle and only stomp with bare feet honest!!!

Love & Giggles
    Enonemouse

16. spiceguy

spiceguy Member

Thanks sweetie!!!

17. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

Get a ROOM you two! Sheesh! (I'm teasing ya!) ;)

18. ~Sam~

~Sam~ Cosmic Traveler

LMAO Man... 30 years !!! Damn... You must be Champagne by now. BTW, are your eyes blue/blue yet?

19. teepi

teepi living my dream

30 YEARS!!!

Good and marinaded, you must be soooo smooooth, now just roll ya in the rub and MMM MMMM MMMMMMMMMM

HA HA HA

Read your recipes Spicey.... OH YEAH BABY..I'm cookin' now!!!!!!!
    Thanks,
    teepi