Apologies - wrong approach

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by erofant, Mar 10, 2022.

1. erofant

erofant Members

I want to apologize for referring to some people as "stupid", or having "stupidity" regarding several political topics, and buying into proven lies in several threads here. I also used the term "lemmings" - also a nasty, wrong way to refer to other people. I was wrong to do that. I should have said I'll pray they see the light, and realize the truth. I did not set a good Christian example by using those terms. We ALL need to pray for God's help in today's world.

Again - I apologize for my nasty words.

~Zen~ and MeAgain like this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I can keep calling them morons, though... right?

~Zen~, scratcho, wrat1 and 2 others like this.
  3. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Oh, it's so easy to get caught up in the non stop onslaught of hate and misinformation. I've seen people I've known for years just get so far down the rabbit hole in this shit, it consumes them, I just can't even talk to them anymore as every conversation always leads to some "conservative" bullshit that, of course, that they have no answer for except that Trump would never let it get that way.... I still haven't quite figured out just what it is they are trying to 'conserve' by being conservative besides their own ill begotten gains.....

Bilby and scratcho like this.
  4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

After several vitriolic political discussions with friends of 70 years, we made a pact to never discuss politics again. It worked just fine and I remain friends with the ones that are still alive to this day.

wrat1 and Bilby like this.
  5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I understand how you feel--just don't refer to previously referenced dummies as smart or clear thinking, please.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2022
    Tyrsonswood likes this.
  6. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

It is fine to scrutinize someone’s argument, especially if it means exposing .
    Intellectual dishonesty.
    It is quite another to make a personal attack on someone.

wrat1 likes this.
  7. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

I just decided to let those friendships and acquaintances just fade, I try not to litter my life with things like that anymore.

scratcho likes this.
  8. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I feel the same regrets. good post.

wrat1 likes this.