aparently my drawing looks poor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Art' started by arlia, Jan 26, 2005.

1. carnelian

carnelian Member

i think your art is great! don't listen to your dum teatcher! i had a teatcher just like that at highscool! everything had to be HER way and HER way ONLY. in her classes there was no space for individuality; wich i think is what art is all about! expressing YOUR feelings, telling YOUR story. this teacher was so mean and critical she made my friend cry at one of her classes. i love art and it was my major but i often skipped the classes i had with that teacher because she took the fun out of painting.

2. arlia

arlia Members

there hasto be a balance with critisism and enjoying art!
    she has no balance!
    she has alot of 'favourites' in the class,and even tho they dont do the work properly they get high grades

3. carnelian

carnelian Member

a teacher should use constructive critiscism in her teaching to improve the students skills. not just critiscism to change the students individual painting style.
    my teacher also had favourites who all got the highest grades. this teacher is very unfamous at my former school. other students have tried to get her fired. she used to rip drawings her students made if she didn't like them but she stopped doing that after the students went to the headmaster complaining. some people should not teach!

4. Naren

Naren Member

I think your teacher hasn't an artistic mind at all...Art is a self-expression, Art is what you make it, not what others choose it to be! But I also think that you should have no limits, there's always something to learn and you can discover other styles and grow to like them! Anyway...I love your work, those are absolutely awesome!:)

5. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

some critisism is okay, it really can improve your work, but this teacher just sounds like an ignorant fool... you know what? if YOU like it, thats ALL that matters!!

peace,love, and light,

jeana

ps. your work is just beautiful.. i was i was artistic like that...

6. arlia

arlia Members

it wasnt jsut me who thought she was a little harsh with me,one of the other lecturers overheard her talking to me and didnt agree with the qway she was putting it across!!!
    things are a little better now..............im looking at anatomy,its kinda boring,i have a short attention span,but im trying!