Anyone used Naphtha for LSA?

Discussion in 'Exotic Psychedelic Plants' started by thetrippyhippy, May 12, 2007.

1. thetrippyhippy

thetrippyhippy Member

I ask to many questions, I hear many places naphtha will not work as a solvent in lsa extraction. Is this true, anyone have any experience using it for LSA extraction and it working

2. asilos vulnerado

asilos vulnerado Senior Member

It works fine as long as it's pure.

3. uplink

uplink Member

There are three types of solvents: non-polar, polar, and solvents which dissolve both.

Oils are non-polar. Most everything else is polar. (some molecules have both polar and non-polar characteristics).

Naphtha and hexane are the most common non-polar solvents.

Water is the most common polar solvent.

Ethanol can disolve both polar and non-polar molecules.

So the idea is, you can take out all the oils etc. with naphtha (optional), and then dissolve the LSAs. Ethanol is best, so people sometimes "de-fat" (or de-oil) with naphtha before dissolving.

However, the naphtha will not extract lysergamides or any tryptamines (unless freebased).

So basically, yes and no.

P.S. This thread contains some extreme generalizations.

4. asilos vulnerado

asilos vulnerado Senior Member

Yea, as far as I know though the naptha step is unnecessary in LSA extraction. You basically just need to get out the chemicals that make you nausous.

5. Sensei

Sensei Senior Member

what works to get the LSA out, anything besides ethanol and water? What else is good and polar?