Anyone use encrypted emails?

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by Ged, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Ged

Ged Actually my name is Slavoj HipForums Supporter

Anyone use encrypted emails? If so what do use? I could do with some advice.

Thanks.

2. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Try Proton or Tutanota.

Are you asking if you should use encrypted mail? Google publicly admitted they are reading emails. So is the NSA, with help from more than one software company.

So you tell me.

3. Ged

Yes I want to use encrypted emails. I have some sensitive information, and I believe some of my internet activity is being spied upon. Obviously the person I am emailing would have to be using an encrypted email too, but we could set that up.

4. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

The fact that you're posting here probably guarantees FBI cameras coming outta your ass :D

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment

Just using encryption will get the NSA interested....

6. Orison

Orison my dog is full of tinsel Staff Member Super Moderator

i dont even use emails.

7. Ged

Carrier pigeons?

8. Orison

Orison my dog is full of tinsel Staff Member Super Moderator

carrier squirrels.

Ive no use for emails, Ive a email account that just collects spam or confirmations to sites, password resets. But personally dont really send anything on them.
    at work Ive an email but Its more a no respond work related stuff, 99% spam too ..

9. Baldbever

Baldbever Member

From the Echo to Serri and now Facebook Porthole camers its all LIVE MIC'S INTO YOUR LIFE. These devices are not only listening to your every word its recording and storing every word. Case and point there was a murder investigation and the Amazon unit called the Echo was in the home where the crime was committed. The government supeoned Amazon for the recording on that date . So in short we now have legal 3rd parties listening in on our lives. It will be just like the movie with Tom Cruise being arrested for precrimes before you even commit an offence if these super computers are put online and theses accessorys linked.
    Somthing interesting we found in classis to Encrypt Emails you use a Cipher app.
    It seems the Cypher apps for nocharge to DL on Playstore are owen and designes are linked back to Facebook.
    You will find anything from your smartphone to your smart homes all can and is being accessed to eavesdrop on you right now.
    And the DNA Ancestry.com is storing all DNA INFORMATION IN A DATABASE That is being stored to set up your personal profile.

All of that said, if it help catch bad guys it can he a great tool. If its used to segregate people in anyway thats badd. We just don't know how invasive this will turn out to be and the information hwy is now the EYE IN THE SKY.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  10. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

You can always attach encrypted RAR files to any email service. I used to do that years ago when I sold sensitive data. The recipient needs to know the password through some other communication. This is also handy if the data can only be used a certain time, "call me Sunday night for the password".

11. thethinkingcat

thethinkingcat Sports fan Go roos!

Your isp should have that. Check with them.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie