anyone SHIT scared of dying early?

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by praying4peace, Apr 18, 2007.

1. lakeoffire

lakeoffire Live.Laugh.Fuck.

Actually oddly enough, i have come to terms with death in the past week. There was a car accident less than 30 seconds away from me and I saw car and all the police and stuff, tragically the driver died at the young age of 17. For some reason, this has had a huge affect on me (i didnt know him). But yeah, I always knew I would die early, because I have so many medical problems. So I try to live each day as if its my last because it very well could be.

I think that even if there is nothing on the other side, its ok because your not really aware (if that makes sense). Kinda like when your unconcious, you arent aware of anything at all. Obviously I would like to believe there is some thing better like Heaven or something of that nature.

RIP- JPL<3

2. ashbury1500haight

ashbury1500haight Member

im not worried about dying... i jsut hope when i do ill die laughing

3. gEo_tehaD_returns

gEo_tehaD_returns Senior Member

Fuck, I'm constantly worried about this. I was really depressed for the first half of this semester in college and it got to the point where I wanted to die. Then I had a dream that I shot myself in the throat with a pistol (three times). I was sitting at this card table and there were two other people there who I couldn't identify but they were either going to do the same or just encouraging me to. So I did it but it didn't kill me immediately. I could feel the bullets lodged in my throat and everything and I immediately begged to be taken to the hospital. The next night I was at my friend's apartment and I stepped outside to smoke a cigarette, and I looked down at it and thought about how cigs are killing me, then I remembered the dream and it triggered a panic attack which was something I had never had before. I was certain I was dying, my heart and arteries felt like they were going to explode and I could barely move and I saw how empty and alone I would be if I died. It was easily the most horrifying experience of my life. Since then I have had a lot of anxiety and an inability to stop worrying about death.

I also fixate on the idea that I will die young. For some reason I always feel like death is going to come very soon.

4. praying4peace

praying4peace Member

wow.... i cant tell u how crazy that sounds to me. i mean..im freaking out just because i love life too much and im afraid i wont be able to see all of it. but you have experienced that fear. i feel for you man.
    peace

5. Moon_Beam

Moon_Beam zaboravljas

That's why people should make the best of their lives! Do everything that they always dreamed of!

Sometimes life doesn't turn out the way you had planned or hoped for, but that it part of the challenge, so that we can work at life get thebest from it - then when we do die - it can be said that we loved life and have a great time!!!!!!

That's my theory anyhow!!

6. NecroDynamic

NecroDynamic Banned

Worrying about your life ending distracts you from the joy of living it. I plan on living a long, awesome existence here, but I already do now, so why should I worry? Why should YOU worry? Why should anybody terrorize themselves with horrible thoughts of their own death, instead of just living this life they have been handed? Make your life worth living now, and the fear is gone.

7. mortes

mortes Senior Member

I'm pretty content with death, I think about it alot.

I'm not scared of death, its gonna happen, I'll have nothing that I have now and won't be conscious so it won't be that bad. I don't want to die right now, but if it happened, then oh well its been fun.

8. Freekowtski

Freekowtski Member

Death is so harmless compared to life.

9. Anachronism

Anachronism Member

I have dreams sometimes where I die, but after a few moments of nothing but blackness I wake up (still in the dream) and the dream continues as if nothing had happened.

For this reason, I don't fear death so much as respect it and hold it in a sort of awe. I want to be a medical examiner and do autopsies find out why and how people died.

My dreams remind me of the Gary Jules song "Mad World" - the dreams where I die really are some of the best, just because they're so trippy.

10. jonny2mad

jonny2mad Senior Member

In the last year both my parents have died, my mother about a month or so ago ,I sat with her for about three days as she died of bowel cancer holding her hand thinking any moment she would die .

anyway death in itself when you face it isnt anything to worry about ,pain leading to death that can be very bad but with death thats just the end ...in some ways its good in that the person doesnt have any more discomfort.

Ive been in accidents where I thought I was dying I was in a big car crash a few years ago where I was paralysed for a while ( they thought it was for good ) and all I remember thinking was oh well this is when I die , I didnt have that much distress .

I was very upset over my mothers death then I found what seemed to be skin cancer turned out it wasnt but that woke me up to the fact that there is no point mourning parting from people you love because your going to be dead soon too .

just do the stuff you want to do, be nice to people, dont worry about gathering up lots of money or stuff because you will leave it anyway , you will die and your bones will be broken down and made into trees and plants and other animals .

thats how the world works , you didnt design it and all your worrying wont change it nothing lasts

11. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

I try not to think about death too often.
    I die when I die.. but I always told my friends I feel I'm going to die early..

It doesn't bug me too much though