anyone roll a blunt with grenadiers before?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by nesta, Jan 30, 2009.

1. nesta

nesta Banned

i remember that AyC Grenadiers (particularly the green ones) were the first cigars i ever smoked and enjoyed, before i tried really good cigars.

i am wanting to see if i like them at all anymore, and seeing as they aren't very expensive i was thinking of trying to roll a blunt with one.

i remember trying ages ago, but that was back when i was 18 or 19 and still just learning to roll blunts. iirc i got something smokable, but i dont remember what its like rolling with them. anyone done this before? how did it work for you?

[​IMG]

i dont expect them to be really good cigars, but i used to like them and they should be better than phillies or white owls or something haha

but i dont want to waste my money if its virtually impossible to roll a blunt with them

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've never actually rolled a blunt.

if it's just you and you're trying to save money, i would go with not rolling any blunt, but do what you've got to do.

3. nesta

nesta Banned

its not so much trying to save money...its that i want to get some of these and see if i can still enjoy them, cause it would be good to have a dirt cheap cigar i like to smoke.

but i have just enough weed left for one last blunt, and if i could i'd like to roll one. but if i'd end up wasting 2 or 3 out of the pack by failing to roll them, then i'll pass.

they look rollable, though.

4. Unknown American

Unknown American Rogue Capitalist

No I use Cuban Cigars.

But most of the time I use the leaf of the Coco plant to make a blunt looking joint.

A natural premo.:D

5. nesta

nesta Banned

for blunts? thats just wasteful.

6. Unknown American

No actually that is about the only kind of Cigar I can get around here.

Plus I like buying and smoking Cigars that the US government has made illegal in the USA.

7. nesta

nesta Banned

they're only semi-illegal, and still very easy to get (but very expensive)

but homogenized tobacco sheet is still best for rolling blunts, regardless of how lousy it is for making quality cigars. perhaps in the tropics its easier, what with ideal temperatures and humidity and everything, but around here, even cigars properly stored in humidors and all that jazz are super shitty for rolling blunts. if one had access to unrolled, perfect condition wrapper leaves, then i could see them making amazing blunts, but in general a quality cigar is pretty hard to turn into a blunt, in my opinion

anyway, even if you get them for dirt cheap compared to what it would cost me to get a cuban cigar, its wasteful from a financial standpoint...too expensive to be worth it, unless you can get a decent sized one that is mild enough for blunt rolling for a dollar or less

8. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Well, they dont call me the Blunt Dr. around here for nothing...

9. A-Bear's-Vagina

A-Bear's-Vagina 2 Kings Chapter 2 23-24

I've never rolled a blunt with anything but phillies. I'll mail you some phillies if you want I don't ever actually smoke cigars and I really dont even roll that many blunts so the extra phillies I have I usually just give away.

10. nesta

nesta Banned

i never knew they called you the blunt dr :rolleyes:

anyway, i didnt get them. i figured for the amount of herb i have left its best going with a cigarillo anyway, so i got an unflavored swisher cigarillo instead.

went to the liquor store...got me a bottle of jonesy, a pack of djarum specials and the swisher. should be a nice evening :sifone:

11. nesta

nesta Banned

plus i found a 24/7 mst3k channel on winamp :D

12. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Well, now you know. You learn something new everyday brah!

13. nesta

nesta Banned

so.....do grenadiers roll well? :tongue:

14. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Oh, well I said Im the Blunt Dr., not the Blunt Encyclopedia!

15. nesta

nesta Banned

what a douchebag answer! haha

16. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

I always roll mine with black and milds

17. nesta

nesta Banned

i've never really done that.

18. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

i love black and milds thats why

19. Unknown American

Wow you know a fuck load about Cigars.:cheers2:

I really do not look at price when I buy stuff.

The Cuban ones are available to me. They are hard to roll and I have lost a few in the process. But shit happens.

Usually I smoke a regular joint or one of my pipes. Blunts are a rare treat for me.

But yes the Blunts I have managed to roll with them were amazing.

20. george18

george18 Guest

According to my view if you have newly found your interest in cigar then getting right taste may be bit tougher task for you. When new cigars arrive, take a good look at them. Two things to look out for at this point: excessive dryness; excessive moistness. Another thing to keep in mind: if you’re keeping your cigars in the humidor over a long period, it makes a lot of sense to rotate them every few months. There is a myth about flavor amongst layman that every Cuban Cigars uses same tobacco and hence has same flavor. However, the reality is perfectly different. There is a broad variety of tobacco and its flavor as well you can gain adequate information about connoisseur of fine cigar from your nearest cigar shop. It does not matter whether the shopkeeper smokes or not.