Anyone play fortnite (Console)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by YungSAVi, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

When we hear kids on iRacing we just boot them from the server. Not old enough to drive a car, well you're not old enough to race with the big dawgs either, kid.

2. Yet, you're young enough to be into video games.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Was that directed at me?

IRacing is a sim, not a game. So it's understandable we don't want n00bs who can't drive a car, racing a car. Last thing we want is kids racing against real life pros when they race with us. No one wants that.

4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Average gamer in the USA is in their mid 30's now. It's not a kid hobby. Which is why you see so many adult games made now.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I should probably just take you off ignore now.

6. What? Did somebody say something? Sorry, I have you on ignore.

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ain't talken 'bout you, sir.

YungSAVi likes this.
  8. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

I have noticed yesterday when i was playing, i was taking cover behind this wall, i took some shots at dude with my shotgun, i dipped again, and i end up dead.
    when i wasn't even in his sight, that was some utter bullshit.

9. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

Facts.

10. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

I'm not all that excited about it, it's a fun game, let alone, "Free" to play at that..
    regardless of whether i suck at it or not, but i play to improve myself, not to WIN.

11. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

That's how these shitty servers work, the pairing system is fucked.
    hate having to listen to these annoying ass kids screaming over their mics whenever they get killed etc.
    but simple, mute them all.

12. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

Those kids shouldn't even bother you, if you were to just mute them and play the game.

13. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

You're a good sport.

14. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

It is very complex and I don't fully understand the systems, although I have run live satellite links from New York to London.
    I suspect that your local transmitter station is running on the same microwave frequencies as India.
    Back in the 1970's it was fairly simple and manually controlled, but today, the amount of automation makes it mind boggling.

When I was at college, a call to the US would have needed to have been booked 6 hours in advance and talking to you for 30 minutes would have cost a weeks salary. Today I could dial you directly, we could be chatting within 5 seconds and I could spend my entire working working week talking to the US (and dozens of other countries) for a £5 a month international charge on our phone system.

15. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Ahhh, there's nothing quite like a 10 year old calling you every name in the book because you won't go revive him.

neonspectraltoast likes this.
  16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

So this is not a rhetoric question, I never played Fortnite, nor a battle royale mode yet. Why would you revive someone in a game mode without teams and where the goal is to be the last man standing? Isn't everybody an opponent?

17. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

^ There's different modes. There's 1 vs 100, then there's duo and squad teams of 4, then there's other special events like 50 vs 50, protect home base (food fight) etc...

Asmodean likes this.
  18. Asmodean

Ah I see. Also team based modes. So... did you ever revive a team mate? (No judgement either way :grinning: )

19. I should have bought a Nintendo instead of an XBox. I hate adult games.

20. Asmodean

One big perk of Fortnite is that despite the competitive violence the graphics are rather cartooney and no blood or blown off limbs etc. That's likely also a reason why there are more younger kids playing this game. I prefer realistic details and context myself