anyone make or smoke this kind of hash...

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by deadonceagain, Aug 19, 2005.

1. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

ok sence i dont smoke alot of weed when i buy weed i have to buy dimes that way i dont wast weed by letting it set from not smokeing it and i also plan on growing so i cant have a couple onces just sitting around my house,so i was thinking of making hash useing grain alcohol, put the weed in the grain and let it sit for a couple weeks then let it evaporate but i would like to know how effective is this is the hash good, how much longer will the hash last then just buds,and also can i just through in the undryed buds i gett of my plant into the alcohol cause i dont see a reason to ahve to dry them for makeing this kind of hash

2. kris_p

kris_p Member

what.....

3. SLammon420

SLammon420 Senior Member

just smoke your weed...if it's just sitting out and watsing...smoke it...stop thinking about your grain hash...and smoke your weed.

4. Beleg

Beleg Member

save up your stems, then try and do it.

5. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

Use Iso Rubbing Alcahol (between %70 and %99, 99 works best) , put your SHAKE and STEMS in a coffee grinder, then into a jar when its cut like a fine powder, then put in the rubbing alcahol to cover the plant matter by about 1 inch or 2, then close and shake for NO MORE THAN 2 MINUTES, as after that you get more plants sugars like chlorophyll(sp?). empty the jar with a coffee filter and squeeze the remaining liquid out of your stems n shake, throw the shake n shit out, but keep the liquid from inside the jar on a pyrex plate or dish, then you put the bowl over a pot of boiling water(covering the top of the pot), keep the work area WELL WELL VENTILATED as alcahol fumes are flammable and can easily explode your house. When all the rubbing alcahol has evaporated you should be left with a between gold and dark brown to black oil on the dish, scrape it off with a razor blade and collect it. This shit is really potent and 5 fat hoots should keep ya nice and buzzin for a long time.
    http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?t=495856
    the overgrow link above is a link to "ninjas quickwash method for Golden ISO" it has pictures and a far better explination on making this stuff than I have provided for you. On the Hashish and Hash oil forum in Overgrow it also shows methods of making BHO(butane Honey Oil), which is stronger, but has a lower yield with what your using than ISO oil does, and Im sure is much more dangerous fume wise n all.

6. deadonceagain

i wanted to try and make it with grain casue i dont trust rubbing alcohol,im just afread some rubbing alcohol or sometihng might get left over that i wouldnt want to be smokeing,also how much hash should get out of like an ounce,im actuly thing of going with the blender method.

7. Grapefruity

Grapefruity Sunny Side Up

It will make hash oil...It doesnt make much difference what solvent you use, they all evaporate very quickly, but you have to do that outside , because your house could get on fire.

to get an ounce of it you would have to use a pound or so...I guess...

8. Crazy_P

Crazy_P Member

I've used butane before because it was easier to obtain than 90+% alcohol. Anybody know a good/cheap source?

9. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

It doesnt have to be 90+, it can be 70.

10. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

the hash you get will last less long than the weed it came from

11. PatternOfChaos

PatternOfChaos Member

If your reason for making hash is really so your weed doesn't dry out while sitting, go buy a big sealed container of some sort (probably a glass jar). If you're afraid of it still not keeping fresh, you could dry one batch less than the other and leave it in a seperate jar.

12. deadonceagain

actuly i could just put it int eh freezer and it will last for months but i also want better stuff

13. adoutsider

adoutsider Member

Ive used butane, and acetone, and I have found acetone to be the dirtiest, but most efficient one to use, butane isn't as efficient but butane can give you hash oil that looks like honey, rather than black.

deadonceagain: The only thing I have to point out is that buds are easier to smoke than hash oil... Cause its too wastefull to let flame come in contact with it, so you gotta knife it, or vap it, or something else.

14. deadonceagain

im not making hash oil just regular hash,ok i know if you frezze weed it keeps good for a long time it is the same with hash

15. fxrcr32

fxrcr32 Member

Are you sure it was butane? Butane is only liquid under pressure (like in a lighter) but under under atomspheric pressure its in a gas state. I guess acetone would work quite well since its one of the strongest solvents you can get and evaporates very quickly, but I would want to make damn sure all of the acetone was gone before I smoked any of the hash. Personally I would just stick with ethyl (grain) alchohol just buy the strongest proof you can find, and stay the hell away from methyl alchohol (or methyle hydrate or methenol, whatever you want to call it).

16. deadonceagain

well grain is like 190 proof so im pretty damn sure it will do the job actuly i use it for dragon so i know it works but i just wanted to know if it was good enough for hash so i guess ill try it

17. grouchy_old_dude

grouchy_old_dude Member

you're not makeing hash, you are makeing hash oil

18. deadonceagain

ok then whats the difference between hash and hash oil

19. grouchy_old_dude

grouchy_old_dude Member

Hash is made by collecting the trichomes, then pressing them.
    What you are doing is extracting all of the "essential oils" , which includes among other things, thc, chlorophyl, sugars, ect. Oil is/can be potent and well worth the effort if you're useing shake or schwagg, but I wouldn't consider useing good smokable buds.

20. deadonceagain

thats the thing the buds im useing arnt that good, and im going to have alot of buds and leaves and i got to do something with them