anyone knowledgeable on the markets here? THIS CANT BE GOOD!!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by hippiehillbilly, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Cryptoman

Cryptoman Member

Yeah, I guess you're right...The illuminati probably doesn't even exist. We can all sit back and relax now, with the dollar being the old standby, this is probably only a temporary set back, and hey, how about them politicians? I bet they really are looking out for us after all, they're our public servants right? ... Sorry, I have a difficult time believing that this was unintentional and that the powers that be didn't see what would happen. Anyone with a basic understanding of economics could tell you this was coming. Are our financial leaders just plain dumb as they would like us to believe, or is there something else going on. I have a hard time believing that all of those Harvard degrees couldn't see what they were creating, but then again, it's just my opinion...we're all still allowed one of those...for now

2. Cryptoman

Cryptoman Member

Oh and you don't have to be illuminati to be a fucknut

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I don't consider myself an anarchist. However, TRUE anarchism (not the fake revolutionary crap we see today that attracts naive 18 yr. olds) would be at least a step in the right direction.

4. odon

odon Slightly Popular

I'm just kidding. I know he is as clueless as the rest of us.
    I also know he is opinionated (which is great).
    He does, though, speak with an authorative tone that may suggest he knows more than the rest of us...that is what I was poking fun at.

5. odon

odon Slightly Popular

You would have to have studied economics at Harvard to have had an appreciation of this economic climate. Inteligence seems to be nothing with out a direction in a particular field. Most of the top bankers - albeit inteligent - where not money men per se. They seem to have had no clue about what they were doing. No plan, indeed. That is far more scarey than assuming they had the intention to create the problems we all now face. Don't you think?

6. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

Even if you give them the benefit of the doubt that they (bankers) didn't outright intend to create these problems (and I disagree with this although many of them were pawns themselves) then at the very least it would be hard to argue with the fact that social welfare wasn't a part of their consideration or agenda. They were out to make money, to look out for themselves and increase their capital.

I think I heard recently that wall street executives earn something like 300 times the income of average Americans. They consider themselves in a class of their own and the rest of us are viewed as cattle pretty much. If anyone thinks their errors were those of innocent but well meaning individuals who got caught up in some unfortunate events then imho they are naive and deluded.

7. Xac

Xac Visitor

So long as property can't be taken away, education is still worth a good job and the Australian dollar doesn't turn to shit, i'll be ok. Of course i have no idea if any of that will be true, the world does seem to be changing rather quickly. We can't all have our ducks in a row.

8. Bull Emia

Bull Emia Member

Some of the stuff you say is correct. I don't trust politicians, public servants, or whatever you call them. I am a Christian Anarchist. I still think no one knows what they are doing, least of all the people running the economy and government. I wish pressed rat knew, but I don't think anyone does.

9. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Who is making the money and how? I don't buy into (at the moment) a concerted effort - by who knows who - to create this financial crisis.
    I'll leave that to you and others unless you (or any one) can provide a decent enough answer as to how and why.
    Please don't mention lizards as I will fall off my chair with laughter.

It is unlikely to be a huge shock that business men/women are out to make money for themselves and their shareholders (regardless of the fact they are bankers), or that you can make an awful lot of money being in the finacial sector.
    I don't begrudge them that, to be honest.
    Some of their behaviour, subsequently, has been less than honourable, no doubt about that.

In the case of Norther Rock, the business was helpng people.

On 1 October 1997, Northern Rock converted from a building society to a public limited company, listed on the London Stock Exchange and authorised under the Banking Act 1987. The conversion also resulted in the establishment of The Northern Rock Foundation ( http://www.nr-foundation.org.uk/tn_home.html ), an independent charitable body whose current objectives are to tackle disadvantage and to improve quality of life in the North East and Cumbria.

http://companyinfo.northernrock.co.uk/investorRelations/corporateProfile/

Neither would I say thay are all morally bankrupt (pardon the pun.)
    They are still human beings at the end of the day.
    I wouldn't say it is fair to tar all of them with the same brush or that they worked in cohoots.
    They all (well most of them) did see a financial model that could make them an unprecedented amount of money.
    But, perhaps were blinded by it.
    Failing to appreciate what would happen if the housing market went tits up (pardon my french.)
    Then how that would impact the whole world.

Because the epicentre was in America, do you think it was American bankers who orchestrated this? I struggle with that one, as the sub-prime market has been active for decades, in one form or another.
    A plan that stretches back decades, surely not.:rolleyes:

Evan Davis:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/evandavis/2008/03/are_we_stupid.html

It sounds like you did not have high regard for them in the first place.

To be honest, I did not give them or their salaries a second thought before last year.
    I knew my bank (Abbey - Santander) were robbing me blind - with late fees - and probably didn't give two hoots about me or the financial predicament they left me in.
    You are probably right - mere cattle.
    I let that slide though.
    In relation to this crisis, I do think most of the banks here didn't fully appreciate what they were getting themselves into.

I watched a few documentaries (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00h27mp), which included representatives - not talking heads, the actual people who gave the the go ahead to enter the sub-prime market - from many banks including, Northern Rock.
    They were not monster to be fair to them.
    Innocent? Not all of them, no. Well meaning? some of them were.
    All of them shared one trait though - a wish to make as much money as possible.
    You could call it greed, but most business' want to make money, even ma and pa. .
    If the housing market did not crash it (sub-prime) would still be in operation right now...and I doubt many of us would really care.

I've got a question: Is Obama's or Gordon Browns attitude to highly paid men and women going to fundementally change? I personally doubt it.
    In a few years time they will revert to allowing bankers to earn the sums of money they were making a year ago.

10. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

bilderberg 2006,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOImef4HG08

seems to me like the 100 or so elite of the world had this all mapped out way back then.

the first comment is what made me start prepping way back in 2007.

this is one time im glad i listened to my tinfoil..

there is no convincing those who refuse to believe that this was orchestrated so im not going to try, i will say between what you see in the link and the predictions that have came true since,such as leaps february 2008 prediction of septembers unraveling of the economy,

http://www.leap2020.eu/GEAB-N-22-is-available!-Global-systemic-crisis-September-2008-Phase-of-collapse-of-US-real-economy_a1298.html

i personally believe that this was planned and is being orchestrated by the most powerful people in the world .

that is not to say that now that the plug has been pulled that ANYTHING that they planned will go as planned and this mess could take on a mind of its own and bite them in the ass.
    it very well may be that they who planned this are now sitting back and going,,"OH SHIT,what have we done?"

who knows??? i dont think anyone does.. seems to be a theme in this thread.:rolleyes:

11. odon

odon Slightly Popular

12. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

Well I feel no need to convince you or anyone else of anything. The information is out there and people see what they see. With all the information that HHB and Pressed Rat & some others have provided, if it doesn't ring true for you then I doubt anything else will change your mind. And that's perfectly fine. People often engage in "selective" hearing anyway, and they filter out anything that doesn't confirm their preconceived notions, which are largely emotionally driven.

Right. Making money is the #1 priority... fuck the social ramifications. Being dishonest and unscrupulous is expected nowadays, and is so common place that we don't even raise an eyebrow, and often justify the practice. I have a friend who used to be a stockbroker and she left the business because of how underhanded it was. You can't be successful in it unless you join in the corruption.

Well I don't know about this business specifically, but I'm sure that corruption in the world isn't TOTAL. Having an exception to the rule doesn't negate the rule, however, nor does it whitewash the broader awareness that "something is rotten in Denmark". ;)

Uh-huh. Well if there's an occasional white sheep to be found in the bunch then it won't be long until he either (a) turns black, or (b) leaves the business. I'd say VERY few are honorable in the business of making money. And holding to idealism in light of what's happening in the world is misguided, imho.

Yes, at the very least their greed blinded them. But like I said before, there's a bigger picture here than what we're focusing on in this discussion... a larger orchestrated design. And that's my VERY strong view of it, but which I won't go into further at this time.

Oh no, this goes well beyond America.

No, what I had and have is a realistic regard. I call a spade a spade and I'm not idealising anything.

A lot of people are just now waking up to the corruption. It's very easy to disbelieve because the enormity of it is overwhelming. Most people can't handle the scope of it and will go into denial. Unfortunate, but true. They won't believe until the very end, and even then they may die before grasping it fully.

Alot of times when watching news reports or documentaries and such, you really have to read between the lines and feel for what's NOT being said. You gotta look beyond/beneath the surface of what's being presented. Alot of the news media is biased and corrupt as well, and many reports will be spun a certain way to present the facts in a particular light. The fact of the matter is that our way of life, our priorities, our behaviors... (and by OUR I mean modern society as a whole) are sociopathic.. anti-social. We are at cross purposes and this way of being is DESTINED to fail. Materialism as a life focus will lead to our extinction as a species. It's insanity, which is now showing itself in its extreme form. Most people need to see this extreme form before they wake the fuck up.

No. They're puppets of the corruption.

13. hippiehillbilly

ok ill humor you..:rolleyes:

no transcript that i know of, ya may do some research and find one.
    the guys name is Daniel Estulin.

he said,(im paraphrasing)

"they are talking about the housing market slowing,so what they are going to do over the next 18 months or so is bring the market levels back up to 98,99 levels and sucker the last few suckers out of their money ,oil will double to 140,150 a barrel and then they are going to let the bottom fall out of the economy."

that was june 2006 stated about the bilderberg group by a reporter that you would probably consider a "conspiracy theorist".I dont consider the statement anything but proof this was planned and orchestrated by the elite.
    there aint no way in my mind that some nobody reporter just guessed EXACTLY what would play out over the following 24 months.

14. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Thanks.

I can appreaciate that the "elite" of the worlds bankers et al have plans to negotiate events they have no control over.
    That is not beyond my imagination. At the end of the day business needs strategy.
    These guys and girls may just want to maintain their status quo and keep the econmies afloat therefore them in business.
    Hard to swollow for us mere mortals, I know.
    But as of yet I can't see them being the originators merely the responders.

Does that make sense?

15. hippiehillbilly

16. odon

odon Slightly Popular

I'm not asking you to convince me just anybody give me their thoughts. That is all.
    You may not believe me.
    What can I say!

17. hippiehillbilly

im not wasting my time giving you any more of my thoughts on the subject than i already have.

frankly, your not worth the time nor the effort..

18. odon

odon Slightly Popular

I'm not forcing you to do anything.
    You don't have to give up anything if you do not wish to.
    Contary to what you might think I don't hang on your every word. :rolleyes:

19. hippiehillbilly

obviously you do. bluesafire just dissected your comment to her into tiny little pieces and you skipped right over it to pick my brain..;)

20. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Let's make a thread calculating the size of Odon's head.