anyone knowledgeable on the markets here? THIS CANT BE GOOD!!

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by hippiehillbilly, Feb 16, 2009.

1. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

well the dollar is getting stronger because of this. so dollars are actually safe as long as this is going on..

2. hippiehillbilly

did you look at the forex ticker?? this isnt a story. this is/was happening as i posted this thread rat..

and this isnt fear mongering its what the fuck is going on and why..

3. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

But that's temporary. The only thing keeping the inflation in check is the deflation. Once the deflation subsides we will see hyperinflation like never before. This is planned.

4. Pressed_Rat

I am not saying it's not going on. I am referring to what people are making of it.

5. hippiehillbilly

welp its my bed time,,past it actually..
    we shall see whats up in the morning.. night all..

6. Carlfloydfan

Carlfloydfan Travel lover

I have seen dollars make crazy gains and losses against the other currencies. It was down to like 1.24 a while ago, maybe a few months ago, before making a dip down to 1.45 weeks later. What is it now? 1.26? Seen crazier shifts. why is everyone going insane?

7. Carlfloydfan

The dollar is erratic. I think after a while people will stop paying attention to these erratic gains and losses and accept it for what it is. Than the true change in the dollars value will occur when everyone loses interest in its erratic behavior. Kind of a flavor of the month for the doom and gloomers. Once it is not, it will truly devalue.

I guess, if you want stable, go with the swiss franc if you are into currencies.

8. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Don't know if it relates, but the Army is having artillery practice at Ft Benning now. (I'm in earshot of there) Now, I don't really a full time resident of Columbus (GA), but they've never, to my knowledge, shot off their big guns at this time of night before.

9. redyelruc

redyelruc The Yard Man

makes sense, thanks. But how long will it last?

10. Pressed_Rat

Ultimately it isn't going to matter much what people do with their money. We're going to see a collapse of Western civilization as we know it. Yeah, that does sound doom and gloom but I am keeping it simple and just telling it like it is. The only people who don't have to worry are those who are wealthy enough to move to Dubai, Shanghai or Hong Kong and know enough to put their money into the Asian markets like all the big investors in the know are doing.

11. Pressed_Rat

It will last until they pump out enough money to settle the markets, which will then be followed by the hyperinflation due to the printing of all this money out of nothing. I would say we will begin to see this within the next 2-6 months, but it could be longer than that. The so-called stimulus will definitely contribute to this impending inflation. It will not help the economy but only throw more fuel on the fire.

12. Carlfloydfan

oh I know Matt.

Dubai or Hong Kong? That or in the middle of nowhere like the sahara, amazon or PNG or something like that.

13. Pressed_Rat

Yup, or somewhere in the South Pacific. But most people have been too pampered to live naturally and without all the goodies they've become so accustomed to having.

14. Carlfloydfan

Well I have sampled that lifestyle and loved it. Can't say I would be able to adapt on a full time basis though so I guess I am most people. it would be a gradual process that is for sure.

But I have a lot of respect for people who live off the land in the sahara or elsewhere. They don't care much about what some currency is doing. They will not be harmed by the coming shit. They will be to far away. Or if they are harmed it will be forced upon them by outside forces but not their fault. I wonder where those tribes of Ethopia, Gambia, PNG, Brazil, etc. will stand in a few years. Probably still livin off the land.

15. Pressed_Rat

Yes, and what's sad is that they call these people "primitive," when they live much more fulfilling lives than anyone in the developed world that is completely removed from anything spiritual or outside the material realm could ever fathom. These tribal people know what it means to live.

16. Cryptoman

Cryptoman Member

The agenda...a regional currency like the Euro, or possibly a world currency. The only way to do that is to de-stabilize the dollar. When the hyper-inflation sets in, it'll be a whole new crisis and we'll have to take "drastic measures" again. I agree with Pressed Rat (hope I interpreted you right), it's a controlled or planned crisis, but do we really know exactly how it will end up...not good for the little folk though I'd wager. New World Currency, New World Order...This shits been happening for too long to even get excited about.

17. Pressed_Rat

100% spot on.

18. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

They'd have to be dumping gold then. Deflation (in the Americas and Britain) and destabilization of Russia (who's been investing in gold for a decade in anticipation of the collapse of the dollar) are natural by-products, if this is fact.

Last guy did this was George Soros' hedge fund in '99, wasn't he? Fucked the baht and all the southeast Asian economies up. But the consequences have to continue to grow in impact so long as the fed KEEPS PRINTING FUCKING DOLLARS OUT OF NOTHING (which is at least semi-illegal).

19. hippiehillbilly

OK the word this morning is that its all revolving around poland defaulting and potentially pulling out of the euro .

that is why gold is through the roof even though the heavy trading on the dollar took place.
    consensus among the experts over at the other forum (they are out of bed now) is that last night was just the lighting of the bonfire,it hasnt yet jumped out of the pit..

however they all seem to agree it wont be much longer before it does.
    as far as the implications here,same old same old. when the S&P drops below 800 (today maybe?? ) its all over but the crying. we will be fucked.

20. McLeodGanja

McLeodGanja Banned

Haven't the IMF and the World Wank been fucking the third world in the ass for the past 60 odd years?

I think it might be pay back time...